F1 (CM) F1 2017 on PC

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Spidey_11, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    looking for interest in running a league on the PC version of F1 2017 after it comes out on 25 August 2017.

Put your name down to see how many numbers we get and we will work out the league details closer to the August release date :).

Cheers
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @JonoStan96 will you be running a PS4 league for F1 2017?
  3. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Of course, but more details are to be discussed during the week.
    Jurassic Mark likes this.
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'm in depending on the night it's run.... Can only really make early in the week work for me right now.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If anyone wants to try F1 2016 on ps4, it is about $26 on ps store if you have PS Plus
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    If you're interested in F12017, open the Spoiler :p
    First off, the reason for putting this in a Spoiler is because it makes it harder for Codemasters to find this post, thus making it harder to block my PSN account for breaking an NDA. But, frankly, i never use my PSN anymore anyway, so i don't overly mind if it does get banned anyway!

So, i was lucky enough to get into the F12017 Closed Beta with only 199 other people globally on the PS4. I believe there were only 30 Aussies so... good times! The game has a lot of refinements which is awesome, including a Pit Speed Limiter like in F12010, further control over camera positioning as well as a much cleaner looking HUD, with much more information at your disposal at once, without being quite as cluttered as F12016 was.
    Cars now have a 4th fuel mix only available in Qualifying, and well, you can guess what that mode does!
    Penalties are much, much improved and seem to be a little bit fairer, however i've only had a limited amount of experience with this as i'm stuck on a Controller so i don't have much time to get close to other cars and crash into them :p
    With that, being on a Controller i can't give a great impression on the physics, i have handed my PSN over to another ROOZ member who will be able to give you guys a much better idea of how it is compaired to F12016, however what i can say is this:
    Driving on the grass actually has an impact in F12017. On 2016 you could touch the grass on turn in, cut corners or run wide without much difference in Grip, on F12017 it will have bigger consequences, albeit not as much as i'd like to see. Gravel Traps are also much, much more difficult to get through so if you have a big moment, you could find yourself without steering rather than being able to recover like in 2016.
    Tyre overheating is a much bigger issue, if you spin the tyres up a little too much, the rear's will simply have no grip and you WILL spin. Also, very much like Danny Ric's crash in Aussie Qualifying, once the car steps out, it's generally gone. Sliding isn't as easy as it was in 2016.
    The game is still in development so i'm not going to comment on Graphics or other Gameplay elements, but this is all stuff i have found so far.
    Jono now has my PSN and will be able to give a greater idea of the games Wheel-Physics :thumbsup:
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Can I pinch it off him next :p:inlove:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Looks for a controller driver and doesn't consult me smh. Better have been @razor4797 at least
  9. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I was after a wheel user you twit..... :p
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I misinterpreted that sentence very greatly oh dear
  11. Spidey_11