F1 (CM) F1 2022

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mirkz2010, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Anyone here playing the new F1 game?
    Is it any good ?

I've bought a few F1 games over the years, starting with 2012, then 2013 then I think I skipped a year or two and then got a few more.
    Nothing ever quite grabbed me like the 2012 one did though. They had high res texture packs for both cars and tyres, you could see the bits of crap your car would pick up if you went off line or offroad.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I bought the Champions Edition and have played it a bit.
    Paused for a while now since a few other games and also GT7 league of course.
    It's not a huge upgrade on 2021 in terms of gameplay.
    The whole F1 Life stuff is complete and utter tripe, but if you enjoy F1 games you should like this one.
    Online is a cesspool, but the career modes are good and the cars feel OK. There have been a couple of patches since I last played which have addressed some issues around traction of oppo (absurd speed out of corners!) and also throttle application which was a little difficult!
    If you're on the fence, maybe wait for a sale or something as it is not a huge step forward compared to recent F1 games.
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  3. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    going off @JonoStan96 thoughts you'd have "rocks in your head" if you purchased this. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    in all seriousness i haven't actually played it myself and honestly still play f1 2020 (dont see the point upgrading to 21 when the cars are basically the same). It doesn't look overly appealing to me and i'm waiting for a huge discount or for it to be free via EA play or PS+
    Mirkz2010 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I tried the 10 hour trial, and well, I still have 3 hours left on it.
    It’s not necessarily a bad game it’s just I can’t be arsed spending another year doing the same dull career mode over and over again with little to no change. If you’ve got any of the previous instalments there is zero reason to drop $100 on this one. The removal of classic cars from 2021 was the final nail in the coffin for me, their replacements in “supercars” in 22 is an insult.

Bottom line, if you haven’t played a modern F1 game before, go for it, you’ll love it.
    Kieran_B33 and Mirkz2010 like this.
  5. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Thanks for the input guys.

Yeah I'm in 2 minds about it.
    It's been a while since I last tried one (looks like the last F1 game I own was 2018), but even then I didn't play it much by the looks of it.
    2012 was my most played followed by 2016.
    Maybe if there was a league like the GT7 where the time investment feels worthwhile rather than just fighting against AI it might be worth it down the track.

Just started watching S3 of Drive to Survive and built the lego F1 Mclaren over the weekend so the F1 buzz is there at the moment lol.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I used to run the ROOZ F1 league on 2016 and 17, we had a small season on 19 but since the online multiplayer has been borderline unplayable since then we haven’t bothered. Even on LAN with F1 esports it’s embarrassing. It’s a shame, because the racing (especially on 2016) was epic, and many members here can vouch for that. Some great memories for sure.

Kieran_B33 and Mirkz2010 like this.
  7. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Haha that was cool and the driving so twitchy, wonder if I'd even be good at that! lol
    I remember doing a duo championship in F1 2012 with a friend, we'd play when we could over a couple weeks or so, never finished the season but was some fun racing between us and the AI.

If the MP is crap then yeah, definitely no point even bothering with it for now I guess.
    Definitely a shame though, would be fun.
  8. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  9. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    There's a test session tonight at 9pm AEST, can get in touch with Chris (PSN: S1CKO666) who is running the league. Season starts on 12th Jan
  10. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Has this game come any further since release? People still actively playing etc?
    Looks like it's only $18 or something on PSN currently. Having just watched Season 5 of drive to survive I'm kinda tempted to jump in LOL
  11. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Yeah it's still actively played, more so since it supports crossplay with Xbox and PC. They always get a heavy discount when the next one is a 3-4 months away from release
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield