Sim Controls Fanatec GT2 Or T300 GTE Thrustmaster

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Jettn, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Jettn

Jettn New Recruit

Hi People i am new to your Forum but would like some info if you can give it. I currently have a Fanatec GT2 wheel which is is only 2 months old and works a Treat in Assetto Corsa and other driving games but in Project Cars it feels a bit wooden and lacking of FFB this isn't the feeling in other games.

No.1 Is the T300 GTE or T300 rs (same wheel base) much much better feeling than the GT2 Fanatec in PC and other games?
    No2 Or is it just Project Cars and the T300 in Project Cars feels a bit bad too?

If any one has had a Fanatec GT2 or GT3 wheel and now has a T300 wheel and can give some info on the matter and the feeling of the the two wheels compared would be of much use thank you very much.
  2. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    Hi Jettn
    I would go with the t300 I have the GTE you wont regret it . Prices vary as you know just keep your eye out i am currently looking at the Forza CSR wheel for my wife half the price .
  3. Jettn

Jettn New Recruit

I think i might sell my GT2 if anyone is interested and get one of these t300 gte's $500 is steep but hope it's worth it. Any offers on the 2 month old GT2 send em my way.
  4. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Have you played around with the wheel settings? You can store 5 different configurations for different games or modes. Default didn't feel good after I switched over from a G27 but I now have a good setup that suits me better than what the G27 could provide.
  5. Jettn

Jettn New Recruit

Whats your settings in PC with the GT2?
  6. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    You might want to jump in ts one night Jettn (tomorrow night we'll be on) and we can chat about your settings there. Not sure anyone runs that particular wheel, but we can advise what things to look for.
  7. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Best to read the manual and adjust the settings to suit your own style but here are some of my settings:
    • Sensitivity: 900 degrees
    • Force Feedback: 100%
    • Shock Vibration: 100%
    • Drift Mode: 2 to 3 for quick wheel counter steering or ability to change wheel direction quickly.
    • ABS Vibration: around 67%, used as a notification that I'm pressing hard enough on the brakes rather than in-game ABS activation.
    • Linearity: 0
    • Dead Zone: 0
    • Spring: +4, strongest setting for wheel self centring.
    • Damper: -4, inertia or the resistance felt when steering the wheel is the least in this setting.
    • ACL: Off, does nothing because it's a Forza setting.
  8. Jettn

Jettn New Recruit

Thank you for the help it is much appreciated B-Spec Bob but i now have sold it and have ordered the T300 gte wheel and will probably be needing help with that soon.
  9. littlebirchy

littlebirchy New Recruit

hi guys ..looking at getting a sim and wheel set up but would love some feed back on what is the best wheel system out there at the moment...will be using it on ps4 and project cars..not to sure which to send my $$$ on
  10. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    littlebirchy likes this.
  11. Jettn

Jettn New Recruit

Hi there guys i got the gte t300 ferrari wheel in the end after i sold my near new fanatec gt2 and all i can say is wow the thing is a beast with project cars i love it, teaming it up with the fanatec elite pedals and the thrustmaster h shifter and all i can say is wow it's next best thing to driving the car love it love it love it.