Fanatec Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1 Issues and Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by godzilla_rising, Jun 1, 2020.

1. godzilla_rising

godzilla_rising Rookie

PSN ID
    godzilla_rising
    Well, I was just about to put a post and some photos up in the "show us ya rig" page, but with how I am feeling now I might hold off.

I have owned my Podium Racing Wheel F1 for just over 6 months, but its only been installed and used lightly since mid-March. I was literally just partaking in two Daily Races when the wheel suddenly switched off with a noticeable click. After not being able to turn it back on, I inspected the plugs from the power point towards the wheel base. The light on the power supply and the back of the wheel base would flash/come on momentarily before dying. There was then some electrical arcing from behind the power plug within the wheel base. Everything was disconnected, and then reconnected, and now it is all dead. I do however have a solid green light on with the power supply.

Right now I honestly do not know what to think or feel other than gutted/angry/upset/confused. I'm hoping its something simple and its now not trashed. On the off chance that someone has, has anyone seen or experienced anything similar?
  2. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I have had a few issues with my fanatec gear as well. Its great 99.0% of the time but when it f's up you think "this should be better for the money'
    godzilla_rising likes this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

What did Fanatec support come back with? Sadly with all the new ppl simracing they can be slow to respond atm :(
  4. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    My podium died on me about 2 weeks in. Was a massive slow ordeal with Fanatec. They eventually took it back after a long back and forth email chain trying to see if I could fix the problem myself. They sent me a new one.

They never told me what was wrong but I believe mine was faulty internsl wiring which made it look like I had software issues though.

Good luck. I know how you fee. You shouldn't have problems with something this expensive
  5. godzilla_rising

godzilla_rising Rookie

PSN ID
    godzilla_rising
    Its with them now, sent it about two weeks ago (took 2.5 days to go from Brisbane to Sydney...lol...sorry that's another story), and they have had it ever since. Haven't heard anything back from them yet with anything.
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

oh that sucks... :thumbsdown:
    hope u hear back soon...
  7. godzilla_rising

godzilla_rising Rookie

PSN ID
    godzilla_rising
    IT'S ON ITS WAY BACK!!!!!! I should get it back next week (naturally while I am away with work)...but then...2 WEEKS OF NOT LEAVING THE HOUSE!!!!! :D:D:D:D
    George, Rolz and incey like this.