Logitech G25 shifter button box conversion

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Clevohead, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I have seen the G27 shifter button panel remotely mounted/removed from the shifter for a sleeker install:
    [​IMG]
    SPL Racing likes this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea nice I was thinking about doing something like this but where to get the casing?
  3. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Just flush mount it to a dickie box that is just slightly larger, or get someone to 3D Cad a case and 3D print it.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I moved this to a new thread so as not to hi-jack the other button box thread as I need some help.
    @Clevohead thanks for the idea. I put this together today and for just few dollars and a couple of hours to put together I was pleased with how it came out.. BUT...the red buttons stopped working :(
    [​IMG]

I thought perhaps the internal plug lead connecting to the PCB had simply fatigued from disassembling the shifter so many times over the passed few days...months.. year :confused:

BUT weirdly when I push both the far left and far right red buttons together they register faultlessly as the right hand diamond pattern button.

The D-pad is also giving incorrect signals and if I hold a D-pad button pressing a red one will change (usually) invert the D-pad signal?!

It seems like there is a short on the PCB or something?! Or maybe one of the chips?

I have wiggled the plug and wires, and thoroughly cleaned the PCB and micro switches with contact cleaner to no avail.
    It also happened last night as I gave the shifter one last crack, but came good after another reassemble.

Anyone with more experience in electronics got any ideas?
    OR anyone out there with a retired faulty G25 shifter who can provide a donor PCB and cable?
    Cheers.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Clevohead likes this.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    hahaaa success! one of the now redundant PCB plugs for the shifter control had come loose.... I overlooked this before as I was no longer using the plug and didn't think it mattered, but inspecting the board it was evident this left a break in the circuit loop to the red buttons.. so a bit of solder and she's good to go. :) @Clevohead cheers again for the idea.
    Clevohead likes this.
  6. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Cool, glad to see it worked out in the end :thumbsup:
  7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams

Found this while I was bored and skimming through YouTube. Very easy to understand.
    Warning though, it is very long winded. Be prepared to skip through the video so as not to fall asleep.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    @Parkour ended up converting my shifter to a button box and upgrading to a fanatec shifter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]