Logitech G27 brake pedal 'feel'

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Rumbleshorts, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Decided I was sick the way the brake pedal feels on the G27, no real "feel" so I cracked the shots and happened to find http://www.nixim.com/index.php?pageid=brakemod

I decided to grab one (cheap enough) and will install once it is here. Will let you know how it goes for those that may be interested.
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah had look at the link Rumbles, looks cool and will be interesting to see if the control of the brake force is more manageable and if it increases sensitivity.
    for me as i have been using the G27 for awhile i think it will take some getting use to with the new springs.
  3. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Well the springs have arrived. I should be installing them this week, being as I have a slightly sticky brake switch at the moment which needs to be fixed. I will post more photos of the install when I do it.

Clutch is the left, brake is the right.

[​IMG]
    springs
  4. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    cool can't wait for ur info on the new spring and how they feel.
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Well so much for that, I couldn't find my metric allen keys :( Will have to look at doing this next w/end.
  6. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Man fail. Deduct 3 man points.
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

They're in the shed somewhere, just where is the question.
  8. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: i know where they r m8 somrwhere where u don't know, but its all good i've a set u can lend. :lol:
  9. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    It's true Rumbles, he does indeed have them.
  10. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

All things going well, I will have it done tomorrow; I found the keys I need under a bunch of crap I should have thrown out :/

I am servicing the Jag tomorrow so will likely be ready to go 5-10 minutes prior to the Fireblade race, fingers crossed...
  11. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Installation was quick and easy, all up it took me about 10 minutes. Feels more like a real brake now thanks to the progressive nature of the spring. I don't really do much driving using the H-Shifter so I have yet to test the clutch but I do intend on doing so.

Here are the comparison of the springs. First photo is with the G27 clutch spring on the bottom.
    [​IMG]
    clutch springs

G27 brake spring on the bottom.
    [​IMG]
    brake springs
  12. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    top stuff m8.
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I briefly tested the clutch this morning & am glad to say that it no longer feels like a on-off pedal, it actually has a resisitance factor to it like the real deal (even though in GT5 it still acts as an on-off pedal anyway). Based on that, I am probably going to get a new spring for the throttle as well this coming week; it feels sloppy too but wanted to check out how the brake would feel before doing it.

It would have been easier to just buy the three springs in one hit but they are separate packages anyway. And I think our AUD is better now than when I bought the brake/clutch springs anyway so win-win all up :)

And then, I may do an e-brake mod on my rig too. And I am also looking to replace the brake pot with a new one (think I need a 100K). I think it is starting to get issues as it occasionally applies the brakes on its own after I exit a corner like it is sticking (I cleaned it up yesterday when the rig was apart); a really bad thing when I am trying to race and I have brakes on at 1/5th of pressure slowing me down leaving a corner ;( Thankfully the remedy is to tap the pedal and all is good again until the next corner :/

I think I will do pics of it all apart next time too.

P.S: The G27 is well out of warranty so I can do all this without fear, except the fear of needing to buy a new wheel if something goes bad :O
  14. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: fingers crossed and touch wood that things stay together now that you've pulled it apart and put it back together. so got no nuts or bolt left over? :lol: :/
    looking forward to some pics.
  15. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I do need a new screw for the brake pedal. Going to have to rip it out using an ezy-out as the head stripped out for no reason while trying to undo it :(
  16. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Being the new owner of a G27 I was wondering what you guys do for the 'playstation' button that I used to have on the DFGT. The old button was used to access the psn friends list and to quit game but now there is nothing. Also the brake pedal is so strong it feels like I nearly need to go to the gym with Snakism to beef it up. lol
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  18. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

It's not that bad M1k1, jeez! With those aftermarket springs you can make it a lot harder, lol.
  19. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah M1K1_D
    you have to use the PS button on a controller... its a pain but GT5 has only just made possible to configure the button about 6months or so ago.....
    and the brake should loosen up after a few time you jump on them.... :lol:
  20. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Maybe they have changed the default spring since I purchased mine?