Logitech G27 heat issue...

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Rumbleshorts, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I was in the NASCAR series this Sunday and my G27 start playing up. I wasn't sure why so I played on but it continued so then I placed my hand on the main body of it and it could have cooked an egg :(

Anyone else with G27 have heat issues with theirs? Maybe it's cos I am in Brisbane, i don't know...
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  2. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I have unplugged it just in case lol And had to drop out mid-race coz of it... And its's still hot s hell :(

Fkn auto-correct... Turning off predictive text right now...
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I've never had an issue, but have noticed my G25 gets pretty warm when constantly turning left!
    That's static resistance it has to provide on almost 100% duty so understandable it's a bit more demanding.

Try turning down the FFB force in-game before NASCAR races.
  4. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

It's odd though, I have have a fan blowing over it and me right now but it was super hot. I barely had much FFB feel though, so not sure if it is the cause.

I never leave it on though, only while I am racing. Dunno, maybe it's possessed. Giggity!
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I've got a G27 as well, it's a bit warm, but nothing extreme
  6. Capatown

Capatown Rookie

PSN ID
    capatowned
    Im in bris too rumbles, just finished the nascar race and mine wasn't that hot. Although mine is still pretty new.
  7. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Could have a motor on the way out.

What do you have your FFB set to?

Some guys have installed pc cooling fans in the top of the casing.
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Well i brought it in to work and blew a heap of shop air in to it. The amount of dust in there may had something to do with it. Will plug it back in place tonight and see how she goes after a while of play.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Good luck!
  10. CDT

CDT New Recruit

PSN ID
    dr_twist
    Any performance issues after it got hot ? Mine (g27) gets warm after hours of use but doesn't ever affect the performance of wheel and I have my FFB set to 10 :) look on YouTube there is plenty of how to vids on the g27 cleaning and maintance :)

Edit: never realised it was such an old topic sorry for the thread dig lol
    Clevohead likes this.
  11. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I remember these guys over at ISR were discussing upping G27 power as the standard motors had some amps up their sleeves, and were complaining of heat sap on the motors losing torque. I suggested a "cool" :confused: idea of using RC Boat liquid cooling jackets in conjunction with a PC liquid cooling radiator and pump, and you know make a like a grill on front of the wheel, and the shot me down saying it was ridiculous, and they were the ones hooking massive power supplies up, and I was the one being excessive! o_O