Logitech G27 or DFGT

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by scottb721, Aug 7, 2014.

1. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    I currently have a DF Pro that I'm relatively happy with but have read that the DFGT and G27 are worlds apart compared to the Pro.
    I can get a DFGT for $107 and the moment and the G27 is $259.
    I've also read that the GT and the G27 are reasonably similar inside so I'm wondering if DFGT is actually a better bargain, or, it's not different enough from my Pro making the G27 the winner.

Thoughts ?
    Thank you
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  3. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    G27 anyday of the week i had a dfgt i will never go back after getting a g27
  4. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    I was using an old Driving Force Pro until GT6 came out when I got a DFGT and GT6 in a pack.
    I would say the GT is not a big upgrade over the Pro; I like the slightly larger diameter wheel and the steering resistance on the GT is much less than my Pro was which makes it easier to use (just have to run the FF higher). The RA buttons are nice to have over the Pro too.
    I got my GT for around the same price as you mentioned, so I think it's really up to you and how serious you are with sim racing. I only play occassionally and wasn't interested in getting the H-pattern shifter, so the Pro is perfect for me.

I haven't used a G27 so can't comment on that.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  5. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm not sure I'd bother with the H pattern but I do like the idea of the leather wheel and larger paddles of the GT.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Got a DFGT and it's doing everything I'd expect from a force feedback wheel. They say it's noisy compared to the g27 but with your headphones on I don't notice. My only gripe is the shifter, which is on the wrong side, unless you're in the senna f3 in cockpit view, then it's fine ;). As a starter wheel I would recommend it but only if it is real cheap, as it may not be compatible with ps4, it is getting on in years.
  7. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Just remembered a question I had. How does the G27 go with navigating the PS and game menus without the stick shift connected ?
  8. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I allocate my ds3 as "controller one", and navigate via that and put it down and use the wheel while racing.

I have had both wheels, the biggest let down of the DFGT is the poxy buttons they call paddles :mad: and the pedals leave a little to be desired.

The DFGT is louder than the G27, the RA menus are a non-consideration as we can't use them online anyway o_O but I have just allocated buttons on the G27 rim to still navigate the RA if they ever do fix it.

If I was buying a wheel again I will defiantly be looking at Thrustmaster gear but that is just a personal preference based on their activity in the market at the moment, and in reality this won't happen for a while (at least until PS4 announce wheel compatibility)
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    G27 is miles better.
  10. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    another option in Fanatec's GT3 rim which at the moment comes free with the CSR pedals. Belt driven wheel instead of the gear driven G27. More adjustability in the pedals too. And with the V2, they supposedly have fixed the bugs that plagued the original sets Online for $249 plus postage ($30 for me) Am currently trying to convince the other half to spend the coin.
  11. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    Hmmmm that does seem tempting. $18 shipping.
  12. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Keep telling yourself that, I wouldn't touch Fanatec with your money let alone mine! Plus no word on support with PS4?

Bit of a gamble IMHO.
  13. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    The GT2 with CSR elite pedals would be better value for $80 more? Load cell braking is a big step up from a potentiometer.
  14. AJ.Scott

AJ.Scott Team Driver

PSN ID
    infamous-ozzi
    There's nothing wrong with Fanatec gear, in fact the pre CSW Fanatec gear is fault free, as is the CSW gear now, sure there were some issues in the beginning but they've been rectified. Fanatec wheels are worth the coin, and the quality compared to the competition is a no brainer, also the GT3 bundle is better value than DFGT or G27, Im not saying this as a Fanatec Fanboy because I'm far from it.

I went from G25 to CSW and the comparison was incomparable, they are just so different, it's like comparing a hyundai to a bmw, the hyundai works and has all the things you need sure, but the bmw just oozes quality and performance and still has all you need.

Plus I think you will find Fanatec will have support in the PS4, be nutz for them not to, considering they have so many PS compatible wheels out in the world, can you imagine the backlash they would suffer, let alone the loss of a considerable pile of income annually.

Personally I'd go for the Fanatec GT3 bundle.
    Just my 2c.
    Cheers
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  15. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Oh that's being considered don't worry. Just a harder prospect to get past the handbrake.