GT6 (Gauging interest) GT6 Obstacle course racing

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Nathancarhead, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Hi all,

@Viperzed and I have had an idea for a little while for a one off fun night of silly and crazy racing. Obstacle course racing works well on the basis that everyone has a bit of fun, and there will be NO POINTS for this event, just to make sure everything is a bit of fun. Races will be run on GT6

Obstacle course racing works like this:
    There will be a number of obstacle cars and normal drivers, and everyone will get a chance to be both. What this means is that when we line up on the grid, and the lights go out, the obstacle cars will get a chance to drive off and have 30 seconds to position themselves somewhere around the track to make an obstacle of some sort of the normal racers to get around (essentially, we make new turns in an already tight and twisty track). After 30 seconds have gone by, the normal racers will set off and race normally and obviously have to avoid any obstacle cars. Of course the obstacle cars don’t have to remain in one position throughout the race, they can change position and move around the track. However if you are an obstacle car, and a normal racer is coming towards you, you must park up, and cannot move until they have gone past you. Races will likely be about 10 or 15 mins in length and they shouldn’t be taken seriously, as this is meant to be a fun event.

For more info, here are a couple of videos which explain it a bit better than I do, and also show off how fun this event can be:

So, now for the important information; the obstacle cars will be the Laramine Dodge Ram (paint it anything you like) however this car must be kept stock, except for tyres (free choice of tyres).

For the normal race cars, there is a PP limit of 600. You can choose any car (race cars included) at or under 600pp, and tunning is open (except for nitrous), and free choice of tyres. However, much like the ROOZ street events, there can be no double ups on cars.

As for the tracks, we have thinking about having 4 tracks on the night:
    • London
    • Cape ring north
    • Bathurst (although we might change this track)
    • Daytona road/indy road

Looking to run this event on Saturday 26th of September (2 Saturdays time) at normal league race time. As always, if there are enough numbers, happy to run this event regularly and maybe more than one room if there are the numbers.
    Sign ups: (when registering interest, please PM me with you car choice as well as posting it on the thread so i can confirm the list of cars)
    1. Nathancarhead (LCC Rocket)
    2. @Viperzed (Caterham 7)
    3. @X-WTF_MAN-X
    4. @N64TheStig007
    5. @SamCham1095
    6. @v8power383
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
  3. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
  4. X-WTF_MAN-X

X-WTF_MAN-X Team Driver

PSN ID
    X-WTF_MAN-X
  5. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Let's do it
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Jono? Doing a 12ies community event? Whaaaah?
  8. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    OK, now worries Beau
    Doesn't have to be next weekend, was just a date that was free on the upcoming events summary. When we get more people interested, then we can work out a date
  9. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Oh, by the way my car will be the Caterham :)
  10. SamCham1095

SamCham1095 Rookie

ayy lmao lets do this
  11. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Nathancarhead likes this.
  12. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead