IRACING Getting an iRacing 2 League Started? - Ideas discussion

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by racerman13, Aug 26, 2011.

1. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Something else for drivers wanting to be in both formats also need to consider, is how much time they have available to race. Without 'green blood' it will take many hours-a-week of iRacing to match the number of laps someone like a Beau Cubis does ... you will need to invest at least as much time in iRacing, as you do GT, to get the most enjoyment from the league ... not to mention the fact that not all folk find it easy to switch between the different physics ... quickly at any rate ...

... so just saying ... be mindful of the size of the undertaking. I know I personally would not be anywhere as competent at GT as many of you, and would certainly be farting around at the back of the bus if I didn't put in the time ... i.e. match YOUR effort ...

... just saying :)
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I just went ahead and bought all 5 tracks, that way we can do whatever and there's no hurry to commit either way. Plus I bought the star mazda of course, and the riley. :D
  3. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I just don't have the time to do that practice required to be competitive in iracing. I have my hands full with GT5 and real life atm.
  4. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Ok ...

Dusty, Beau, and me were chattin' last night, and some things kinda fell out of the conversation, one of which may help the GTers ...

We discussed the fact that it is important that this current league idea has a "Club Night" vibe ... a night where we rub paint and exchange sets and talk :):):):), etc. I mistakenly may have given the impression (post above) that us iRacers are gonna do a katrillion laps of practice ... Beau's used the term "Try-Hards" ... folk bustin' a gut to dominate while others patently do not have the time ...

... that's no fun ... for anyone!

So the idea emerged that perhaps we shouldn't bother with staggering the schedule against that of iRacing, e.g the Odd v Even thing ...

If we met Wednesdays (second night of the iRacing week), and ran that week's official track, then NOBODY would get much of an advantage of track-time ... instead of using the league as the culmination of a week's practice, we could use the league to START our iRacing week ... everyone cold to the week's combo! In the remainder of the week, GTers would be able to get their GT-fix, and the iRacers would take their Club Night learnings and apply them (hopefully bringing improvement).

I also wanted to say that I meant no disrespect to anyone's ability (my post above) -- I know you can all peddle, and maybe you will have no drama jumping in and out of iRacing ... more power to you (I tip my hat to ya) ... I couldn't do it, is all :)

EDIT 1: I apologise in advance, Dave, if our search for a good league formula makes more work for you, bud ... hopefully we're close to getting a consensus :)

EDIT 2: Weekday evenings (inc. Weds) might very well prove undoable for Kiwis, right (?). Wayne C is our first (in-New Zealand) Kiwi ... but there will be others, most probably ... so there's another (worthwhile) ball for us to juggle as we thrash the details out (I bet 'Sunday' was the top option when Dave made the invite!?) :)
  5. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Christmas, all over again, huh, Tank?

(I shouldn't call you "Tank", Newman ... it's too cool a nickname for you ... like "Bull" or "Dutch" ... too much like an action-hero! ;))

Brilliant stuff ...

If you ain't at the next pit-party, I'm gonna need a note from your mum, explaining your abscence ... and it better be a good reason, Sunshine ;)
  6. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hehe sounds good Chris. Except for that "too cool a nickname" bit. pfffft! :p
    Whatever the route we take, I'm just looking forward to some regular fixtures to swap a bit of paint with you fellas again.

I reckon if we go for Wednesday (or Thursday) time slot, do the current weeks iRacing track as you've suggetested.
    If we end up with a Sunday (or Monday) time slot, stagger the iRacing track to the following weeks.
    That way, in either case, in-keeping with the 'club meet' theme it's a good base practise ground for the coming weeks' official iRaces.

Yea I sent PM invites on the iRacing forums to Wayne C, Shaun K (an aussie dude I've raced with), James H, Hayden B (and old kiwi m8), and a chat message to Mad. But I'm sure Mad's talked to you guys on TS and is probably over committed already!

[sub]edit - Hayden may come on board in a few weeks as he's currently moving intercity.[/sub]
  7. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

too :cool:
    also v. :cool:

Edit: If Madz commented last night on the chances of him joining us, I missed that part of the conversation ... Beau or Dusty might know.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Emails (via ROOZ forum) sent to Timmo, Darth (Jesse) Davis, and Keggz.
  9. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I told Mad and anyone else from TTR were welcome. I didn't clearly hear his reply though.....Mad?
  10. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Depends on the night for me if I can do it or not.... If I did race it would probably be a bit half arsed. So I'd be in and out a fair bit.... But i'd like to do a few rounds.
  11. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Yeah mate, no problem with just doin the odd round here n there.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    First run in the star mazda today. Had a crack at Laguna. Got a 1:21 the lap after you buggered off Dusty so not too much work to do I hope :)
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  14. DarthDavis

DarthDavis New Recruit

I'd love to be in! However, I haven't raced in a long while (flying helicopters and BF3, Skyrim, oh, and life ;-). I am downloading the latest ver. of iracing now but my license is in sorry shape.

I'll be practicing on the assumption that I might get in if it is a hosted session (is that right?) and you all agree (*PuLEeeeeees?*)

Sunday PM is good for me though. I've got that birthday money ready to spend on cars and tracks ;-)
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea Mate the more the merrier. Welcome aboard. We'll start this Sunday.

They will be hosted sessions. Actually 2 hosted tournament sessions back-to-back.
    The rest of the details are here > ROOZ iLeague Season 1

Don't worry, I'm a bit rusty too and quite a few of us are new to this car. I just bought it the other day.

:lol: plus one on all the other distractions though! (BF3, skyrim, real life summer!)
  16. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Heh ... another Dragonborn here :D Skyrim ... really quite something ... it's just colossal :lol:
  17. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Well i actually hated Laguna in iracing until i tried it with the Star last night.
    MX5 GT40 V8SC HPD - just could not find a balance in them on this track and the corkscrew was a nightmare - always a 50/50 call if i was going to make it thru alive.

Was given a tune from Scandinavian gentleman - Jens - and had one of those
    "ahh, that's why people like this track" moments.
    Sitting on a 122.007 atm but the last lap of the session saw a big chunk of time
    that would suggest 1,21's are within my grasp..
    Not sure how your suppose to overtake anybody here but i'm sure most of you will
    show me how that's done!
  18. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Will join you there, in Cali, later today, Wayne. Hoping I can get some of that warm, fuzzy, strawberry-flavoured love for LSR that seems to be going around ... I've never liked the track, even in GT ...

... and overtaking!? A good exit from that last turn, is prolly your best bet, mate (although I've yet to taste a drag race, with tow, down to T1) ... and I guess the extra speed of the SM (compared to the Skip or SRF) might make the trip/battle along the SF-straight much shorter (in duration), so perhaps it's tougher to get the job done there too (!?) ... will sound find out ... :)
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    For next Season whenever it may be... how about the Riley or the new Caddilac
  20. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I don't mind Dave, but a regular turnout would be nice :D