GT7 Gran Turismo 7 - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, Jun 12, 2020.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I’m hoping they can end up finding a happy medium eventually, at the moment the only fun I can have now is in Gr.2 and above, I just cannot believe you can plant the throttle in a 550bhp car exiting a tight hairpin and be met with washy understeer rather than wheelspin with TCS off.

GT7 pre patch imo provided excellent feedback in fast bends through the wheel (T-GT) and now it’s just turn once, keep it steady to maintain grip with minimal resistance. No more micro corrections to maintain stability or minimum speed. So boring. This update has killed what for me, made GT7 take that extra step in terms of immersion with ACC, you can’t just jump on and execute the best possible lap time within one lap, now you can jump in a Gr.4 and set PB after PB whilst sipping coffee lol
  2. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Did a quick comparison test run on a few notable circuit experiences involving either a full track run or 1 sector I felt was notably difficult with my 2 cents on how each car handles. All my previous times were Gold and some took many many attempts. *Cough Nords

All times jotted down here though were my first Gold times times achieved (which exemplifies my points).

•Big Willow Full Lap - Corvette gt3: 0.2 faster (1st attempt)
    Very scruffy lap. But the Corvette is planted. What used to be a scary long right hand bend where you really have to modulate your acceleration and angle of attack is just another corner now.

•Trial Mountain 1st Sector - Mazda Gt3- 0.5 faster (2nd attempt)
    This car handles weird and I can't put my finger on why. Almost like an MR car. But she be grippier now, and took the first sector with a lot more confidence and less weirdness now.

•Daytona Full Lap - Ford gt Gt3 - 1 sec faster (7th attempt)
    Scruffy lap. I struggled here due to not really knowing the track that well still. Going too deep into the braking areas my archilles heel here. I found the Ford to be a lot more understeery now. The final chicane catching me out too. But the amount of traction coming out of the corners was enough to blow my previous time away.

•Le man's Final Sector - Peugeot 908 GR1 - 1 sec faster (2nd attempt)
    This car feels like it has the rear downforce it was missing. All the confidence to push now. No more tears at the Porsche curves.

Catalunya Full Lap - Lambo Gt3 - 1.3 sec faster (3rd Attempt)
    So previous 2 attempts was me just understeering off the track lol. But this car doesn't want to kill you anymore. It's oversteer off throttle tendency is manageable now but my god it's understeer city in everywhere else in that thing. But I was able to absolutely nuke my previous time.

•Nords 1st sector - The HMS Beamer Gt3 - 0.3 faster (4th attempt)
    So much more confidence on throttle now. Can really attack the corners. She can still spin as I found out searching for the limit. I actually might go back and try the full circuit. It felt fun. Not as dull as the other cars.

•Deep Forest Full Lap - Audi GT3 - 1 sec faster (3rd attempt)
    This was also another car that wanted to kill you. A lot more manageable now. Rotating and powering out of the corners more natural now. Blitzing my previous record was a walk in the park.

So Gold times are pretty much guaranteed for a lot more people now in all circuit experiences and i presume licence tests.

My first thoughts on the new handling? Definitely feels eerily close to GT Sport handling now. Fast guys are still going to be fast but it may make other cars actually viable now. A lot more people will be able race consistently now without crashing which may have a knock on effect of producing better racing.

Tin foil hats on boys :x3:
    Since the handling of GT7 is so similar to Sport now. It makes me think they ported over the majority of the physics and just tweaked the suspension geometry on release of the game so everyone would think it felt fresh.:eek:

Also get rekt fellas...

Somethings not right haha. This shouldn't be possible. Hurry up and post updated times so I can stop pretending to be an alien.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    My thoughts exactly. Also hoping they can find a happy medium.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Wow great work!
    I kind of want to avoid posting times in the event they become unachievable targets with a future update (hoping they find find a happy medium with pre-1.13.). Long from now I will forget it was just because of 'that 1.13 update' and get depressed that I have got worse at driving.........:roflmao:
    gtkingx and Noxrai like this.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    In other news, here's a couple of recent creations.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    gtkingx, Matthyus, Noxrai and 2 others like this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I raise you this [​IMG]
    Noxrai likes this.
  7. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Live it up while it lasts is all I say. The aliens. They eventually get to you
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    If you need any proof of how poorly this game has been made, here I take full advantage of a hilarious glitch that allows me to run my Silvia with roughly 200 extra BHP and utterly dominate last night’s ‘top split’ Manufacturers race. This glitch allowed me to cut laps over FIVE seconds faster than normal.

[​IMG]
    Noxrai, stucar17 and gtkingx like this.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I just bought the '56 corvette concept racecar... What a waste of 4mil! Basically undrivable at Laguna SECA which was the only suitable race I could find, against Gr4.. I guess it's only good for oval racing, but most (all?) of those are restricted to road cars .

Boo-urns.

P.s. Maybe a customisable diff will help....
    P.P.S found a reasonably balanced tune for Laguna with the customisable diff. Still a tricky little beast though
    P.P.P.S increased body rigidity mod helps alot too, shaved about 2 seconds a lap straight off the bat, in fact this and custom diff (5/5/60), makes even stock suspension settings pretty driveable.
    Last edited: May 2, 2022
    stucar17 and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    My wife and I both got it holidaying in Tassie. She's (forced) vaxxed and me not (took leave instead). She is at 3 weeks and still fatigued coughs etc. I'm pretty much done after two weeks of symptoms.
  11. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    You should consider getting in contact with the Journal of Immunology to publish!
  12. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Good to hear from you champ. It's been too long.
    incey likes this.
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    It would just get censored
  14. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    There's not much for the ps5 assetto corsa person here. It's all on discord
  15. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    People react differently to caccines and diseases, sound like you have exceptional natural immunity. Maybe the occasional ale is helping.
  17. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I thought bleach was supposed to work better than alcohol... o_O
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2022
  18. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    From my experience I don't think Incey drinks bleach.
  19. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Wow, that Silvia had some pull. Looked like a pretty boring race out the front though. Might be best to stick with bop races until they can sort out the pp exploits. The bops not that great either
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I had a whole range of stuff to help with covid but it was all at home. My illness would have been days instead of weeks otherwise
    Easyprey007 likes this.