GT7 Gran Turismo 7 - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    TV is on but it turns black when the headset is turned on.
  2. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    that's weird, what brand is your TV? works fine on my 2 LG tvs. I assume TV audio also turns off for you when in VR mode or you get sound but no picture?
  3. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    LG CX Oled, sound comes from a Sonos sound bar without issue, strange really, i'll check settings later on.
  4. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    my first day with VR2 i punched the controller into the screen during a swordfight and f'ed my telly. 75" mini led, dead. apparently my contents insurance will cover it but i am having trouble getting a tv tech to look at it and provide a report. luckily i can watch most things i watch via ps apps on the vr
    gtkingx, fezza and KoAStR like this.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think you finally upped starting a race with the wheel 360 upside-down and breaking your nos button
    WAC, gtkingx, Ozglenn and 2 others like this.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    this time it wasn't my fault, i swear
    gtkingx, Ozglenn and Matthyus like this.
  8. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    fezza and KoAStR like this.
  9. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    For anyone wondering how to adjust the in game wheel (sitting position) to be higher or lower in VR, or away from you (the driver), or closer to you, simply lower your head (while you have the psvr2 headset on) and hold the option button if you want the wheel to be higher, raise the head+hold the option button if you want the wheel to be lower. Lean/move your body toward the wheel and hold the option button if you want the in game wheel to be further from you, move away from the wheel+hold on the option button if you want the in-game wheel to be closer to you. Play around a few times until you get the desired position.
    ADZA_85, incey, KoAStR and 1 other person like this.
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I think it also works with the see outside the visor button. I can never find the options button on the wheel
    Ian Cannan likes this.
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    How good is the F430...I saw it the second hand shop and thought "yeah, I wonder what the leather looks like in VR' then lucas or whatever his name is at the cafe suggested i go win some alfas and i like the 8c so went and logged in to the 600pp races. The new feature of GT showing which cars match the conditions of entry was really helpful and there was the 430. WOW. Brands GP, Alsace, Sardegna Road. The 430 was amazing straight out of the second hand shop. I was getting the phizz James May talks about. The big steering wheel with the big speedo, the noise, the shifts...winning it was maybe the best vr2 thing so far
    KoAStR and gtkingx like this.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You can use that to win big money at the Tokyo 600
    incey likes this.
  13. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Are the time trial physics the same as online physics in gt7
  14. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Is anyone else doing sunday nights in vr
  15. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    me, also did the endurance race in VR. Last 30mins got tough but managed to pull through and finish 2nd. I really miss info on gaps to car ahead and behind and not knowing when others pit like you get playing in pancake mode
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    In watching Super GT, it sounded like it could be turned on / off.
    He didn't go into detail, but it sounded like it could be.
  17. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    yeah same, (not the bit about 2nd) made it really difficult for strategy . i developed a pressure point on my forehead about 40 minutes in, was excruciating by the finish. couldn't risk adjusting in case the camera lost me.
    do you reckon your lap times are same, better or worse @fezza
  18. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    You can turn whatever is on-screen off so you've got no info at all, but there is no option to add extras like the race order and timings etc.
    The only info you have is your own lap time, your own splits vs your best lap, and your race position.
    The TC/BB menu is visible as well, usually in the middle of the car where the gear lever and console would be.
    I've learned to live with it, but it would be nice if it was an option.

Running with everything off is quite fun. SUPER immersive!

My lap times are probably still about the same, maybe a touch quicker. My consistency is much better though.
    The added depth perception really helps with braking markers and your lines around the track.
    Dash_Vanguard and KoAStR like this.
  19. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    when you get pressure points, hit the button on the back dial to release it, headset won't fall off as it'll be stuck to your forehead due to moisture/suction. I've found it's more comfortable if I don't tighten it too much from the start. I feel like my lap times are better in VR, even if it's slower, the immersion more than makes up for it :laugh:
    Dash_Vanguard and KoAStR like this.
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i am beginning to think looser is better, its a bit anathema to my outlook so far though