Gran Turismo 7 Season 5(0) Division 1B

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Apr 28, 2023.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I don't like these tyre regs. Why are five of seven races restricted to one tyre compound?
    That throws any strategy out the window really.
    This season's car choice felt like a great opportunity to really mix things up, use some circuits that are rarely used (if at all) and have some fun with the strategy, but we've got the "old faithfuls" for most races.
    I'll still race, but I just think we've missed a good opportunity to diversify a little.
    dunamotornz likes this.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    If you dig a little deeper, all of those single tire compound races are the ones that have variable weather. I didn't want to introduce two mandatory Tires and leave anyone disadvantaged if the heavens opened. Of course there are ways to avoid this in the rules, similar to F1 where once the circuit is declared wet, tire requirements go out the window. Open to all and any suggestions.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  3. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm not suggesting we mandate both (or any) compounds, but leave the options open. Let each driver decide.
    Two stops with RS? One stop with RM? One stop with one stint on each compound?
    I think the F1 rules of mandating compounds is crap, but that's another story!
    My suggestion would be to allow RS or RM tyres (except maybe the sprint round as it is kind of redundant) at all races with no mandates on compounds. Might throw up some really ballsy or creative strategies :)
  4. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    I can guarantee that the majority would run 2x RS and do some tyre savings and would comfortably dump on anybody that ran a different strategy.
  5. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    So crank up the tyre wear. Make it interesting.
    Make the RM tyre a viable option against the RS.
    God forbid, throw the RH tyre in if someone wants to risk it!
  6. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Over a 45 minute race it is insanely hard to have any meaningful strategy options without completely ruining the season for anybody on a controller by dialling the tyre wear up to extreme numbers. Even when we do try this, an optimum strategy quickly appears and everyone runs that anyway, because the races are too short for an alternate strategy to become viable
    groover33, Kieran_B33 and T-GT_Racing like this.
  7. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    I don't want to dump on the great job Viperzed (and whoever helped) has done... but I do tend to agree with leeboy: I was hoping for 2 compounds that are both optional. The RM's can probably go the distance with tire management, but with softs you can push and pit once (as it seems).

But this is a fair point: 45mins is not much time and last thing we want to do is ruin the race for anyone.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  8. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Sorry, I'm not being difficult, just playing devil's advocate.
    If strategy isn't viable with the race length, why bother with pit stops at all? Just race lights to flag with no stops and adjust the regs to ensure the tyres will last. I'd prefer to not have a pitstop if the option was presented.
  9. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    We had tyre wear differ dependant on track, twistier or higher braking, track surface more abrasive maybe, every time GT7 updates they change stuff that affects us anyway.
    No doubt they'll adjust more at some point and all will be different again.
    Let it run as is and enjoy the racing.
    It's why this place exists, not everyone gets practice time.
    I wouldn't give you race settings till 10 mins b4 start so you can't practice real conditions, like actual cars.
    Anyway have fun all, blah over.
  10. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I don't see it as you being difficult either!

It's no secret that a lot of work goes into testing the season and organising everything that goes into running it, So I appreciate everyone that sees that, But I will admit that at times the work we put in can make us a bit blind to other things, which means that people like yourself are incredibly valuable when it comes to re evaluating our strategy options.

Everything said above is valid and I'm not gonna ignore any points brought up but let me make a few blanket statements.

- Those with time to practice will find more of a benefit with more strategy at play, making the season less of a pick up and play. Not necessarily a bad thing, but food for thought.
    - There will be an optimum strategy no matter what we do with regs, It would be tireless and blatantly unfun to play with regs so much as to find somethinf that allows multiple options
    - More tire wear isn't an option for those with cheaper wheels or controllers, It becomes an unfair advantage

That said, I'm gonna take it upon myself to re look into our strategy options tonight and maybe Thursday to see if we can open things up a little bit.

I appreciate all the thought put into this matter, at the end of the day, this is an open forum for people who want to go racing!
  11. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Good stuff @Viperzed. I massively appreciate the work that goes in. Means I can just jump in and drive!
    If I'm online, would be happy to jump in and assist with testing :thumbsup:
    Viperzed likes this.
  12. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    Well, I still manage to learn something new everyday.
    "More tire wear isn't an option for those with cheaper wheels or controllers, It becomes an unfair advantage."
    I had no idea this was the case.
  13. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    It's a bit stiff really, @CaptainRisky21 suffers it first hand with the difference between his G29 and my TGT 2. Similarly my tire wear improved massively when I moved over from Controller.
  14. dunamotornz

dunamotornz Rookie

PSN ID
    SPMotorNZ
    do agree with this, be good to throw some strategies into it
  15. dunamotornz

dunamotornz Rookie

PSN ID
    SPMotorNZ
    Not having a go at the organisation at all, I just find in the gt sport races that have two different compounds it does sorta work (I mean once you figure out the best strat then it’s same same really) the mixed weather events are gonna be my Achilles heal as they always catch me out but interested to see how they go
  16. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all,

Following some feedback on the forum, a test session was conducted tonight to determine what changes would benefit the RaceOnOz community. The following changes will be made, effective immediately:
    - Tire wear increase from 3x to 5x
    - Refuelling Speed reduced from 10 to 8 Litres per Second
    - All Racing Tires + Weather variants now available for all rounds
    - Mandatory Tires removed for each round

I will be monitoring the results of ALL divisions following Sunday's race and I may implement a "hot fix" following each round if I think a certain strategy has become OP or overused. This will be discussed among an anonymous group of drivers however I remain open to any and all feedback whether it be via the forum, PM or PSN message.

Thanks to everyone once again for assisting with testing as well as getting the ball rolling when it came to re evaluating the strategy.
  17. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    OP Updated with lap counts
  18. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    A reminder to all divs that your lobby should be set to qualifying mode to allow drivers to change tires before the race begins. This session should be set with Tire wear OFF, and Fuel wear as per the race setting. Thanks!
    Cameron Neame likes this.
  19. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Driver Briefing:
    Autopolis
    Have fun
    :)
    Matthyus likes this.
  20. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Round 1: Autopolis International Racing Course - Custom Weather - Sunrise 9x - 24 Laps - 07/05
    [​IMG]
    WELCOME to Season 5 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:45pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8:00 pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.
    Once 10 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and stop the car off the circuit somewhere near the start of the lap.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:10 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season, the Head Steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Autopolis International Racing Course

A very technical circuit, Autopolis is very hard on tyres, so choose your compound carefully. All racing tyres are available, including wets. Keep an eye on the radar!
    Cameron Neame likes this.