Gran Turismo 7 Season 5(0) Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I hope you're doing ok now
  2. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Hi Div 2,
    With my room captain hat on, it's worth reminding everyone that RaceOnOz races are conducted in the spirit of a fun, friendly, competition in a supportive community. Drivers are expected to race cleanly 100% of the time [1][2].

The observed approach to racing by a few drivers in last night's Meet 'n Greet indicated otherwise. The style of racing that you might get away with in daily races or other more casual lobbies (not leaving room, pushing wide, dive bombing etc) will not be tolerated in ROOZ races. You must allow each other racing room and contact causing an off must be redressed.

I realise that the MnG is a little relaxed in comparison to the season rounds, however I was not the only one that appeared to observe a revenge punt and aggressive driving that was clearly beyond "elbows out".

Here are 2 examples of what we do expect from last night:
    1. On the last lap of Watkins Glen, @Bluemoon and I were having close battle for 6th place. Going into the 4th last corner I made slight contact that pushed Moon wide. I could have ploughed on but elected to back out of the throttle to allow him back in front.
    2. On the opening lap at Bathurst, the entire field made it through turn 1 on the opening lap because we all gave each other enough room. It was so good @Ozglenn called it out in the party chat. We then had a ding-dong drag race up mountain straight (and thanks for the bump-draft Glen :thumbsup:).
    Party chat
    There is always a voice chat going. If you don't have mic etc, it's worth joining the chat, even if just to listen to what's going on. BTW, when I started out I used to use my mobile phone headset plugged into my PS controller.

[1] Please read Viperzed's post about racing room and overlap etc. Read the follow up comments too.
    [2] Please also read the ROOZ Racing rules & regulations.
    Viperzed, btwong, T-GT_Racing and 4 others like this.
  3. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Hope you're OK mate and it's nothing too serious.
  4. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    not to bad my hand sprung a leak at the base of third finger
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Faulty gasket?
    T-GT_Racing and Steve Neilson like this.
  6. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Ouch!
  7. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hi all,

Following some feedback on the forum, a test session was conducted tonight to determine what changes would benefit the RaceOnOz community. The following changes will be made, effective immediately:
    - Tire wear increase from 3x to 5x
    - Refuelling Speed reduced from 10 to 8 Litres per Second
    - All Racing Tires + Weather variants now available for all rounds
    - Mandatory Tires removed for each round

I will be monitoring the results of ALL divisions following Sunday's race and I may implement a "hot fix" following each round if I think a certain strategy has become OP or overused. This will be discussed among an anonymous group of drivers however I remain open to any and all feedback whether it be via the forum, PM or PSN message.

Thanks to everyone once again for assisting with testing as well as getting the ball rolling when it came to re evaluating the strategy.
    btwong, Kieran_B33 and T-GT_Racing like this.
  8. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    @Viperzed hi mate. When will we know the lap count for each race?
  9. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Will be sorted HOPEFULLY tonight. Suzuka will be 21 or 22 laps.
    Beats143 likes this.
  10. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    What's the intent behind this @Viperzed? Help me understand why that is not preferred?
    Are you saying that if an OP strategy appears and everyone uses it we may as well stayed on the original plan of say the one tyre compound and lower wear rate for a particular round?
  11. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Effectively yes. I think the issue with the regs I had initially proposed was that I had eradicated any odd strategies, everyone would've been running one single optimum strategy with old regs. Testing last night with all tire compounds available showed us that a soft one stop was by far more desirable than any other strategy, which meant the tire wear was far too low for what we were now trying to acheive. The basic way to look at it is, if the soft tires are the only tire worth looking at, the wear is too low, if the hard tires are the only tire worth looking at, opposite applies and our wear is too high. I think last night we found a happy middle ground.

The idea behind monitoring the results and strategies is to make sure we've hit the nail on the head when it comes to what is viable on race day. We don't want to see one particular option be far and away the best, because it then just resorts back to square 1. That said, the more strategy we introduce, the more practice may be required so think of that as you may.
    T F Eccles and T-GT_Racing like this.
  12. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    If you are fast and consistent, then the Softs with a double pit may be faster than someone going the long haul.
    If you are in the middle, then a Medium with Softs may allow you to keep up.
    If you fancy fuel / Tyre saving over outright speed, then Hards with a Soft or Med stint may suit.

Fuel won't last, so a pit is required at some point.

Options :)
    T-GT_Racing, Viperzed and leeboy910 like this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What woulx hpu suggest for someone about 1.7 seconds off the pace?
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  14. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    what is the pace?
    This change gives soo many options... being consistent on softs is a lot easier than trying to be consistent on understeer hards.
  15. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    There goes my week! I'm guessing Autopolis will be 22/23 laps?
  16. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    24 more likely. In Div 2 at least the typical laptime is 1:54 or 114s. 45m race = 2700s / 114s = 23.7 laps, so 24.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  17. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Maybe a few more, unsure of what lap times are being done there, Lap counts will be posted tonight.
  18. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Drop down a div :p.
  19. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I was hitting 54 / 53's on Softs, depending upon fuel load. Pretty consistent until the back end slides out :)
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  20. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Or you touch a blade of grass!