GT-Sport Gran Turismo Sport - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 20, 2016.

1. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Made a couple of epic tracks myself back in the day!
    Noxrai likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, this was something that never really took off from memory, but would be something welcomed in the current game for sure. From memory it just didnt give the freedom to come up with anything you wanted, which was probably to stop people from making all the real world tracks we were after in out track lists... Would be good for them to add it back in to GT7 i reckon.
    Noxrai likes this.
  4. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    They seem to keep making the penalty system worse. I've lost count of the number of penalties i've got from people smashing me from behind. I used to do daily races all the time but lately I have really lost the desire to play there, the driving standard was always pretty poor but the penalties just kill it for me
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had 4 runs in Race C this week and haven't had any real problems. I was placed in groups of A+ S to B S drivers so all fairly well behaved.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  7. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    What a fscking circus! I knew should have stayed away from tonight's final Manufacturers round. Got punted left right and centre, several drivers attempting bump draft gave me SR down. Result, SR from S down to B! :):):):)ty penalty system.
  8. godzilla_rising

godzilla_rising Rookie

PSN ID
    godzilla_rising
    I've been reading so much about the recent (backwards) steps they took with the penalty system. I had worked all the way up to A+ and then they made the change. As such I haven't gone anywhere near the sports lobbies. Its just completely ruined it and why I'm so glad to be racing in a few league races now.
    T F Eccles likes this.
  9. godzilla_rising

godzilla_rising Rookie

PSN ID
    godzilla_rising
    Oh, one thing I was interested in finding out. Having seen the quality spreadsheets that keep track of everything, particularly with the Sunday League, is there somewhere where driver stats are collated across various leagues/seasons? Obviously I can just track things myself (which I have started) but just to see if there is anything else that I am missing info wise. That kind of thing. And is there an updated post with the rankings of the Sunday League Qualifying times anywhere?
  10. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Qually times are only possible using the new qually method which has only just started to be used fully this season. And only if everyone is on time. So a no go for info on qualifying times data.
    There is the Hall of Fame up the top of the website that does the division winners and runners up.
    There are also the end of season final ladder forum posts that might provide the information you are looking for.
    But if I understand you correctly, are you chasing something like whats in my signature?
    godzilla_rising likes this.
  11. godzilla_rising

godzilla_rising Rookie

PSN ID
    godzilla_rising
    Yeah pretty much, just to be able to track my own participation and success (if I have any).
    Matthyus likes this.
  12. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I had thought about doing something or at least looking into doing the same for everyone, basically a big database that tracks it all. Then I think about it and realise that its a huge undertaking and don't bother :D
    I may in the future if time or an easy to use idea comes along.
  13. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    You would have all the data in spreadsheets already, it would just be trying to find out how to extract it
    Matthyus likes this.
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Yup. Gotta feel like thinking about it though :)
  15. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Hi team, is there anyone that could help me with tuning? I've got a race on Sat and I'm 50yrs a lap off pace lol.
    I'm using the GR3 Mitsubishi, 107% power - 102% weight at Nurburgring 24h track. I've tried some setups but I'm very new to this tuning thing and unsure if I've got the best setup.
    Cheers team.
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    @Hatfield is there any tuning sites the guuys use that might be able to help Blunty out ?
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Blunty075
    here is a tune from Praiano on GT planet. I used to use his tunes as my base when we used to run tuning on tuesdays
  18. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Yeah cheers, I was using that tune lol. Looks like I better practice harder on Nurburgring to hopefully get closer to the other guys. Cheers.
  19. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Got a new power brick for the Fanatec. (Yay). Had some free time Saturday night (double yay) and decided to have a crack at a nation's event at Monza. Picked the McLaren as I felt ok in the little practice I did in it.

Going in i see a friendly face, @T F Eccles . Said hi. But unfortunately he immediately gets disconnected at the warm up.

Quali went poorly as I only got a one semi clean lap in. Every other lap someone either held me up or punted me trying to draft me. Put me down in 13th. But I probably had the pace to be in 4th or 5th.

Race.
    Shambles. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. SR down and penalties flying everywhere. Got punted, shunted, barged and rammed. Was not a nice experience. As I finally was able to break free from 4 or 5 drivers surrounding me after midway in the race I had brain fart. It seemed I cut multiple chicanes by mere inches over a few laps. Down I go into the hell hole of ram shadow realm drivers.
    After a few more laps I managed to claw my way to 9th. Not enjoyable at all. And I wasn't happy how the McLaren felt in race trim. Brakes felt fuzzy and mid entry oversteer court me out too many times going through the chicanes.

Decided to have another crack in the final slot. This time in the Shaguar. Imediately went a second quicker in the pre race practice lobby. Gee whiz.

Quali
    Almost had the exact same experience as the first quali. Was sitting in 7th but knew I had more pace. But this time went back to the pits and waited for a good break in traffic. My final lap I was in clean air and did a clean lap by myself. Chucked myself into 3rd on the grid and only 0.3 away from the pole sitter in Mclaren. A 1st here is possibly.

Race
    Polar opposite of previous race. Going into the chicane the Bugatti in 2nd overcooked it and went sailing off and into a reset. He got eaten up by the pack. Me and the pole sitter had a clean first chicane. The 2nd chicane the McLaren had a slow exit and I took the invite to take an inside line for the next corner. We went side by side around it and then he backed out of the next corner. Neat. That was fun. The next few laps I put my head down and set some of the fastest laps. The guy in the McLaren looked like he was struggling and he slowly dropped of my tail. There was a pack of angry Veyrons who eventually swallowed him up. Just past halfway I had built up an almost 5 second gap. That was when the veyron who qualified 2nd finally pushed his way back through into 2nd. He looked hungry and he started grabbing fastest laps once he was in clean air.

I managed my pace well and I knew if I stayed consistent and didn't cut any corners I'd have a good chance to win the race.

With 3 laps to go the gap the 2nd place was staying relatively stable throughout the race between 5 to 4 seconds. Then I made the mistake of biting a little too much curb in the 2nd chicane to give myself a stupid 1 second penalty.

The gap dropped to 2 seconds after serving it and the heat was on. I managed to keep my cool and preserve that gap and eventually I crossed the line in 1st.
    I'm happy I decided to have another go at the race. Went to bed a happy man instead of red mist man.
  20. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Well done @Noxrai. Yes, I saw you there too and shot a hello out to you and @DeanK. I got screwed over in quali. I stuffed up the first chicane and the guy in the jag behind got a better exit. I stayed left to let him by going into the first lesmo but he moves over in the braking zone and pushed me off track the arse. I wasn't disappointed when the game spat me out between quali and race start as my quali was woeful.
    DeanK likes this.