GT Sport Season 12 Division 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 4: Red Bull Ring Short - 47 Laps - 16:15 - 16/8
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 12!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    During qualifying PITS ARE CLOSED

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Turns to watch out for are, wide entry, cutting and running wide at T1, wide entry and running wide at T5, and cutting and running wide at T6

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Sports Mediums (mandatory) & Sports Softs

PIT ENTRY :
    Please make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines. Failure to do so, where an incident/impede is caused, will have consequences
    PIT EXIT :
    Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching out of T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let them know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    Aza2672, fezza, Tristan Jones and 4 others like this.
  2. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Well 9th is worse than I was hoping for!

My one practise session (only me in the room) yielded low 47, and an optimum high 46 - but high 47 seemed to be a good lap for me on the night.

Q3 and stayed in 3rd for a while...tiniest of line error and everyone pounced - turns out most people did qually on medium and got that medium lap out first lap - including Sooby, who won the race - was interesting finding out race positions as they became apparaent - though not all, until the very last lap!

Had a great battle with @Road2fury - it took a while for him to whittle away the gap behind me, so I thought I had a chance of staying in front - almost did, but the pressure eventually made me late brake too far. Great racing - he had good pace on me through T1 - and a few times I thought he had me at T2 but didn't pounce - I was late braking it (doesn't the theory go "lengthen the straight"?), he was braking earlier and smoother. Well done R2F!
  3. Road2fury

Road2fury New Recruit

please call me FURY and why was you so slow out turn 1 Jones?
    and what tyres you was on I on softs
    Aza2672 likes this.
  4. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    I well and truly stole defeat from the jaws of a podium finish this week. accidentally half filled my tank for the final stint and had to do a 3 stopper, then accidentally changed my tyres on that stop, slowing me further.. bit of a disaster, but i'm happy to have got 5th in the end.
    Had some good battles along the way though @a_bsaints and sooby were both absolute rippers
    scottb721, Xtr3meNZer and Aza2672 like this.
  5. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    also this sunday, are we looking at starting earlier given that its a endurance race? I'm gonna have to work on my pitting technique lol.
  6. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Yeah mate I always have a good battle with you and sooby mate always hard but very fair battles we give each other space to race side by side always very enjoyable. As for starting early I'm not sure yet but normally we do if the majority of Division 5 want to start early I'm happy to do that.
    scottb721 and sparklehead83 like this.
  7. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    yeah hard, but fair sounds about right, lots of fun all round.
    It was a tough track to overtake on really, just ended up praying for mistakes to make a move and try not to go in too hot and go off on the exits
    Aza2672 and scottb721 like this.
  8. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Watching my speed instead of the road was catching up with me in the heat of the moment, which ended up with me braking too heavy into the corner and killing 10kmh too much, start of an acceleration zone is the worst time for it too. I was on softs back then, I did my final lap on mediums, I was wondering till then how many did early and late pits.
    Aza2672 likes this.
  9. robin edwards

robin edwards Team Driver

PSN ID
    rae1982
    Qualify fastest lap
    [​IMG]
    Starting Grid
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fastest Laps
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus, Aza2672, fezza and 3 others like this.
  10. scottb721

scottb721 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sooby_scott
    As mentioned that was an absolute blast. @Tristan Jones, you are spot on about race positions being a surprise. Took me a moment to understand where everyone vanished to at the the start of the last lap.
    And super fun, clean and fast racing @sparklehead83 and @Aza2672, That slower car after turn 1 helped me pull off a double pass and my last pass on you @Aza2672 was probably one of my best.
  11. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    Looks most battled with Aza as did I :) was a close and clean battle
    Tristan Jones, Matthyus and Aza2672 like this.
  12. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Aza2672 and Dybo like this.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 5: Sardegna B - 58 Laps - 13:10 - 23/8 - Endurance
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 12!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    During qualifying PITS ARE CLOSED

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    The main corner to be aware of is the final right hand kink coming onto the straight

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Sports Mediums (mandatory) & Sports Softs

PIT ENTRY : Pit entry lines are to be followed at ALL TIMES. 4 wheels across the white lines the determine Pit Entry will be seen as a violation of track limits and you will be subject to a penalty depending on severity and quantity of cuts.

PIT EXIT : You are required to use the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Exit. Please be aware of cars approaching on the main straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let them know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

ENDURANCE ROUND : This round is twice the length of other normal rounds. As such, rooms may decide to start early, but if any driver says they cannot make the earlier start time, then the normal start time applies. A driver not responding to messages on the forum about the early start time, will have their silence interpreted as agreement to the earlier start.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
  14. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    @sparklehead83 I wondered what happened to you! You are consistently quite fast and also a clean and considerate driver, I was surprised to see you so far down in positions on Sunday. I've made those pit errors a few times and it's the worst feeling especially when you're going really well. One good thing is the Drop round for times like that.
    sparklehead83 and Aza2672 like this.
  15. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Hi team,
    During Qually for Rd3 I mistakenly entered Pit Lane to give myself space to do a clean hotlap whilst not realising Pit Lane is closed for our Sunday races. I had read the race details page but obviously not thoroughly enough and it cost me dearly for Rd4.
    Anyway since then I've been going through the ROOZ website reading as much as I can so I'm less likely to make a mistake like that again. This morning I was doing some looking around and I found this and thought it might be good if I posted it in here just incase any of you haven't seen it or can't find it as I'd hate for anyone to get the penalty I got for a simple and honest mistake.
    I'm not trying to give the impression of subterfuge, I'm honestly just trying to help as I'd rather beat someone on my merit and not because they were disadvantaged due to a penalty.
    Cheers Team.
    Sorry for the delay attaching the document I can't figure out how to attach it here and it won't cut and paste, I'll try to attach the documents link. If I'm unsuccessful I'm trying to post the ROOZ Penalty chart.
    @Hatfield would you be able to share the penalty spreadsheet or the link to it in here please? I've tried and I can't sorry. Thanks mate.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    Dybo and Aza2672 like this.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Here's the link @Blunty075
    https://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/raceonoz-penalty-table.2492/
  17. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    [​IMG]
    Dybo likes this.
  18. Blunty075

Blunty075 Rookie

PSN ID
    Blunty075
    Cheers mate.
    Dybo and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  19. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Not racing this round
  20. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Racr day chaps I hope everyone has a great race and good luck to you all see you all tonight
    Dybo likes this.