GT Sport Season 14 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Wow. Well done Risky! Hell of an accomplishment.
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  2. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yep, caught Anders & I out in Div 4 too. We were 1 & 2, well ahead of 3rd, coming up on back markers when the dreaded light started blinking, then with 2 laps to go....0.6 laps fuel remaining!
    Mike--ekiM likes this.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yeah, that pit lane is glitched. Pit lane says about 2 more laps of fuel than what the in car gauge says just before you enter the pits.
    Apex_64 and Mike--ekiM like this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    And that race time would have put you in P1 in Div 2 room, kinda takes a little of the shine off my race win. Have fun in Div 1 where you deserve to be
    Matthyus likes this.
  5. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

[​IMG]
    Noremac, Hatfield, Apex_64 and 5 others like this.
  6. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
  7. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    Just wanted to give a shoutout to my teamate @CaptainRisky21 for winning his first championship. He was absolutely amazing in this whole championship so big congrats to him. Also wanted to give a shoutout to everyone as well for making this season an enjoyable one. I am really enjoying my time here. Looking forward to seeing everyone next season. Have a good break all. :):thumbsup:
    Noremac, Hatfield, Apex_64 and 4 others like this.
  8. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Running out of fuel wasn't a big deal because I was last anyway. Like many of these races this season, I was too slow to compete with the other drivers. Herein lies the issue with division qualifying - it doesn't take race pace into account. I think for next season we should do qualifying races instead, because one lap pace is a poor measurement. Making an assessment based on a 45 minute race will yield more reliable data. Still, Div 1 was a good experience as it kept me honest and pushed me to the limit of my abilities.
    Hatfield, Mike--ekiM, Apex_64 and 2 others like this.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Agree one lap pace is not a perfect way to set divisions, a "hotstint" would be better off at least 10 laps, but probably not racing as your pace / result can be largely effected by events beyond your control
  10. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I don't think it was perfect, but the best method I still believe. There will always be outliers and the need of a bit of experience of racers abilities to tweak the placement.
    Perfect example is Hat who nearly always qualifies like Jane but races like Tarzan, he should have been Div1 I believe.

Congrats Risky, gr8 season mate, I will take 1% of plaudits for firing you up a couple of seasons ago by comparing our results when I was being assessed for div1. :rolleyes: You have been fantastic ever since then.

Big shout out to my Sunova Beach teammates.
    Hat congrats on Div2 title.
    Emmo my team captain, Congrats on the Div3 title. Your a freak, like the best bottle of red wine your getting better with age still.
    I know it is not season racing but congrats to GTking for a dominant display in the Contender and Rebel cup series.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    emmo46, gtkingx, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We will keep the same qualifying process, but we can manually adjust divisions based on who we think will struggle in race pace compared to their qualifying pace based on known history (eg tyre shredders)
    Apex_64 and Matthyus like this.
  12. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Well that went better than last season. Had a bad mid-season slump and threw away some good results through poor mistakes or strategy or both. Being under 2 seconds from a win in the last 2 rounds tells me I should have at least been in the mix for the title but not to be.
    Will be back for S15 with hopefully more speed and consistency
  13. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Not a great season by my standarda but can't complain with a sprint round win and my first on wheel! Great to be able to constantly develop my wheel skills with good company, even when I balls it up. Looking forward to driving something a tad grippier next season and hopefully being further towards the pointy end!
    T F Eccles and Matthyus like this.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Big thanks to everyone who helped out this season. We couldn't have done it without you.

Congratulations to @CaptainRisky21 on the championship, and to the podium placings.

Entry thread for next season is up:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-15-entry-thread.4412/

In the meantime I will look to run some more No Practice Sundays to fill the gaps:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/current-series-no-practice-sundays.4311/

Get your names down in the above links if you are interested, and enjoy the break if you need it
  15. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    I cant seem to shake off a 5th place season finish I think this might be the 3rd in the last 5 seasons? not complaining happy with top 5s. I struggled with qualifying all season but race pace was always good.

Cheers for all the good battles
    Matthyus likes this.