GT Sport Season 14 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Cameron Neame

Cameron Neame Chief

PSN ID
    NemoIXn
    Sorry guys I won't be able to make tonight's race
  2. Ian Cannan

Ian Cannan Team Driver

PSN ID
    Whizz94
    I’ll be MIA too. Have torn some ligaments in my thumb. Hopefully back next week.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Qually
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    Lap times
    [​IMG]
    Peersy, Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Put in my best qualifying lap near the end of the session to be 4th, 1st of the medium runners by a very slim margin back to @Stew Wilson
    Got away well, and just stayed in @incey 's slipstream as he seemed to struggle to get up to speed early on the softs after a lap 1 attack on @Max Gassit .
    Eventually he pulled away chasing after @StuRichards & Max and I just concentrated on consistent laps. The gap behind to @LE_bananajosh changed a lot as I wasn't as consistent as I wanted to be but that changed even more as josh pitted early.

Most pitstops occured at half distance and I came out directly behind Josh on his wearing softs. He put up a little fight but the wear became too great and I set off after Sturich and Max (having their race long battle)

By the time I caught Max, the worn softs meant I could not pass with ease and so spent a few laps until I made is stick on the inside of the hairpin.
    When I caught sturich he was quite defensive and I got a move half done around the outside of the hairpin, but my compromised line into the following chicane meant he made a move of his own to take back the lead.
    We had a moment looking to go side-by-side into the esses up the hill but I fell back into the slipstream as I knew that would end badly for one of us.
    I completed the pass a lap later on the inside of the hairpin and he fell back into the battle with Max.
    I noticed Max got by and then on the final lap I made an error out of the second long left hander and hit the wall.
    The dirty tyres meant my slow chicane was even slower and this let Max get to less than half a second behind!
    Luckily I was able to cross the line for a tricky win.
    Unluckily for sturich he ran out of fuel out of the final corner to lose 3rd, finally finishing 6th. Bad luck mate
  5. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well that was unexpected. Came in with little practice to qualify 8th out of 9 cars, but in the end found myself in an awesome battle with disco_stew where we traded places a few times and was finally gifted P3 after mad_mullac ran out of fuel on the last corner. I'll take that!
    Max Gassit, incey, Peersy and 2 others like this.
  6. StuRichards

StuRichards Rookie

PSN ID
    mad_mullac
    Highlight of my race would be battling with max for most of the race, and with Hatfield towards the end, and lowlight obviously running out of fuel on the last corner and losing 3 spots. Still, one of my more memorable races even with the bad finish. Thanks Max and Hatfield for some great battles, and my engineer is getting the sack.... oh wait thats me, whoops.
    Max Gassit, Mike--ekiM, incey and 3 others like this.
  7. Stew Wilson

Stew Wilson Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Stew_Wilson72
    That was my best result this season, almost had the fastest lap of the mediumers ! and .2 of faster lap in the race. After my disconnect I came back and found my self on grid within seconds and stuffed the start and lost a couple of spots. Had a great race, and an awesome battle with Ursine at the end. Thanks to Stu for the extra spot, its normally me screwing up the fuel !
    Max Gassit, incey and UrsineSaturn9 like this.
  8. Max Gassit

Max Gassit Team Driver

PSN ID
    Max_Gassit_28
    Really enjoyed the ride... And NO controversy this week.... I think...? Mullac must have Scottish heritage, not wanting to pay for the extra litre of fuel... Ha.
    Apart from his 'oooh aaah' moment Hat was a step ahead again. On the last lap I'd only just been thinking I needed a monumental but 'nah, Hat don't make mistakes'.... almost.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Well done on the no controversy
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 7: Maggiore Centre - 52 Laps - 18:15 Sunny - 21/3
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 14!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. (Qualifying mode should be used so the room can be set to x0 tyre/fuel for qualifying)
    YOU MUST START ON YOUR QUALIFYING TYRE

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Sports Mediums (mandatory - unlimited sets) & Sports Softs (not mandatory - 1 set ONLY)

PIT ENTRY : The Pit entry is to be followed at ALL TIMES. 4 wheels across the line that determines Pit Entry will be seen as a violation of track limits and you will be subject to a penalty depending on severity and quantity of cuts.
    As the full circuit pit lines are on the track here, the only thing to worry about is to NOT CUT THE STRIPED TRIANGULAR AREA LEADING INTO THE PIT WALL with all 4 wheels. ALL OTHER LINES ON ENTRY CAN BE DISREGARDED
    PIT EXIT : You are required to use the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. You should be to the left of the solid White pit exit line. ENSURE YOU DO NOT CUT THE LINE. Please be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

(the BANG LAP at the bottom of this briefing has a pitstop shown at the end)

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the steward will be @Hatfield. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Qually
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
    Lap times
    [​IMG]
    Matthyus and Hatfield like this.
  13. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Well, what a race! Was stoked to grab pole by 2 thousandths of a second, had a good start and put in consistent laps. As did @Max Gassit who was never far away with us both getting exactly the same FL in the first stint. Max pitted about 5 laps earlier and got the undercut and after a couple of warm up laps I was glued to his bumper for 6 laps before making the pass (video below for anyone interested). Bloody epic racing and a season highlight for me! Well done @Hatfield on the championship, you were in another league. I've quite enjoyed the car this season. So long R32!
    [​IMG]
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Very frustrating trying to pass on this track.
  15. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Thxz for the season everyone in Div 2, it was a rough season didn’t get a win and a podium but big congrats to @Hatfield for the championship and good luck in Div 1 next season, also a big Thxz to SAR captain Viperzed for everything this season maybe next season we will come stronger and end my winless streak
  16. StuRichards

StuRichards Rookie

PSN ID
    mad_mullac
    Thanks to everyone for a great season, this car suited me better than I thought and I ended my first season in div2 with a couple of wins and a few podiums much to my surprise. Believe I held onto 2nd in the championship which given the quality of the field im very happy with. Congratulations Hatfield on the championship win, you were definitely a class above.
    Hopefully I can hold my spot in div2 next season, although that will be very car dependant as I'm just not as quick in GR cars as road cars.
    Thanks ursine for hosting, without you our very enjoyable season wouldn't have been possible.
  17. Slartybar

Slartybar Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Slartybar
    Thanks everyone in Div 2 and ursine for hosting. Well done to @Hatfield on the title. The quality and respect racers have in Rooz is above any of the leagues I have raced in.
    I was surprised to be moved into Div 2 but realised I was able to keep up with the pace. Only a few seasons ago I was in the bottom division. My highlight was the 2nd place at the Red Bull ring and the 4th last night. mad_mullac took 3rd place on the last lap after my tyres had gone.
    I'm the same as @StuRichards, in a GR3 or quicker I don't think I would be competitive as I was in the R32. Anyway, looking forward to next season!
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Thanks @UrsineSaturn9 for hosting so well, probably the best hosting i've seen as far as getting going on time and messaging timings. Great stuff. I didn't mind driving this car but as usual excessive fuel burn and tyre wear cost me lots of position....I even had to refuel to make the last lap last night....terrible. Probably my last season in GTS, it would have to be a very special set of circumstances to tempt be back from practicing ACC for season 15. We'll see.
    Congrats @Hatfield for another championship win, that trophy shelf must be groaning nearly as much as we do at your lame jokes. As always I enjoyed the banter (maybe a little too much but that's our secret) :D:D
    Clean racing throughout the field was appreciated too. Thanks guys.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Big thanks to everyone who helped out this season. We couldn't have done it without you.

Congratulations to the podium placings.

Entry thread for next season is up:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-15-entry-thread.4412/

In the meantime I will look to run some more No Practice Sundays to fill the gaps:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/current-series-no-practice-sundays.4311/

Get your names down in the above links if you are interested, and enjoy the break if you need it