GT Sport Season 14 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 5 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 Results
    [​IMG]
    Race 1 Timings
    [​IMG]

Race 2 Results
    [​IMG]
    Race 2 Timings
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield likes this.
  2. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So knowing that the first race is the race to win to make the 2nd one a little easier (since my reverse grid prowess isn't great), I set out to nab pole and get away from the pack early.
    In practise during the week, I had managed 48's and was happy with that then by chance on Sunday I happened to have some D1 lads drop into my room and they were hitting low 47's. I had a look and didn't notice much difference, but I made some alterations to my lines and presto, 47's!!
    @emmo46's emotions were now down...Seeing my times well in front of his and the rest of D3..

Qual - I hadn't actually practised this, so when Emmo swapped the room over to qually practise, I took the chance. I got an outlap done, enough to give me a quick taste.
    Qually started and I slooted my first lap down and bam, 3rd, I was surprised as it was a pretty ordinardy lap, but that 3rd soon become 7th or 8th. I settled myself and then started to trim down my times.
    After a few laps, I was 2nd, chasing down Emmo. I would peg his time, only for him to do one just a smidge faster. This happened for all of qualifying. Well done Emmo for beating me to pole by 7 1/100's of a sec!!

Race 1
    I knew that Emmo has pace so my best bet was to stick to his bumper like glue and nab him during corners 1, 2 or 3 after a slip assisted boost.
    We got through T1 AOK and I did just take.
    I believe it was lap 2 or 3, I got a wonderful entry to T3, which in turn gave me the inside, I was a little slow to exit gifting the lead back, but it was enough to slow Emmo down by battling.
    This enabled 3rd and 4th to join the train.
    On the next lap, I got the move done!!.
    However it is here that the race got interesting.
    Emmo now has 2 attackers on his back and over the next several laps ends up battling with them.
    In the end he comes out victorious over @kiwinado & @Beats143 , but well done lads in tacking the fight to Emmo for a podium finish.
    However the damage to the gap between myself and 2nd place (now Emmo) was too vast to overcome now sitting at about 5s.
    I had managed to slot down my PB of a 1.47.9 and kept that sort of pace all the while the pack were battling.
    I kept low 48's for the rest of the race, extending my lead to almost 9s by race end.
    Very happy with that result.

Race 2
    I dread the Reverse grid, normally as I'm one of the racers up the front getting roasted (bumped around, etc) by the faster guys...
    Today however, the foot was on the other shoe. My shoe in fact..
    Starting from dead last, the fight was on.
    @Beats143 False started - Damn shame that Champ, But thanks anyway :)
    I took it super steady as did the rest of the field and we made our way around the first lap.
    There definitely was a highlight with 4 cars wide on the straight between T2 and 3!!
    But as the race went on, there were braking points missed and I managed to sneak my way up to 6th.
    It was here that I had my first major battle with @webnomad.
    I just couldn't pass you, so I bump drafted you instead!!
    After 2 or 3 laps of getting sick and tired of seeing web's bumper, I got the move done and moved on to @RBRHoges97 .
    I think RBR had an accident and this gifted me 4th.

At this time the lead pack, headed by a sterling drive by @sparklehead83 Emmo and Kiwi, were in a serious battle for the lead.
    This battle pack, let me reduce the gap from 4s to 1s on the last lap and Kiwi was within striking, but I wasn't pushing as I thought I had the win sewn up. I cross the line .5s from Kiwi.....
    Now, bad maths time, I thought 4th was enough to win, however I had miscalculated and Emmo corrected me (AFTER the race that it is 3rd). :(

In the end Emmo wins the round by a single point... Well done mate.
    So many what if's that round, but enough can't be said for the entire division having a pretty damn good race considering the conditions.

Well done to @sparklehead83 for that wonderful wet race mate.
    Well done to @emmo46 @kiwinado on your podium wins. (provisional at this point, but maths don't lie..)

What these results now mean is that once the drop round is taken into account, Emmo and I are tied on points.. with 2 races to go. It certainly is anyone's race!!
    May the best man win.:thumbsup:
    emmo46, kiwinado, webnomad and 3 others like this.
  3. Chatwin

Chatwin Rookie

PSN ID
    Chatwin722
    Public holiday in SA so room up if anyone's keen for a practice run
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    so @emmo46 2nd and 1st
    (20 + 25/2)
    25/2=12.5
    20 + 12.5 = 32.5
    @Matthyus 1st and 4th
    (25 + 13/2)
    13/2=6.5
    25 + 6.5 = 31.5
    oof!
    Matthyus likes this.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Screw that, I want to win. :) :whistling:
    Matthyus likes this.
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Ohhh, is it like that is it?
    It's on like Donkey Kong!!
    emmo46 likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No, it's more like "why should the best man win?, why can't I?". I'll be giving it my best though, a big ask to have to win both remaining races.
    Matthyus and Easyprey007 like this.
  8. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    For both of us. It is a big ask for either of us to win both remaining races.
    I never discount anyone in the field having their moment in the spotlight, so a victory is never assured.
    Beats143 and emmo46 like this.
  9. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Could someone that I’m friends with please share race 1 from last night on PS. :)
    Matthyus likes this.
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll do it tomorrow mate. Having a night off.
    RBRHoges97 and Beats143 like this.
  11. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Cheers mate thanks. I know i had some good battles and forgot to save. o_O:(
    Matthyus likes this.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    kiwinado, Beats143 and Matthyus like this.
  13. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Sure was good stuff, i watched it Sunday night and it could have gone either way. One could say @sparklehead83 almost had that moment in the spotlight!! Well done top 4 really as @Matthyus was coming hard after battling for ages in the pack and getting held up due to his battles. Bring on Yamagiwa
    Matthyus, kiwinado and emmo46 like this.
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I was hauling butt, trying to catch. Ran outta laps after my battle with @webnomad
    That's racing!!
    webnomad and Beats143 like this.
  15. webnomad

webnomad Team Driver

PSN ID
    webnomad
    yeah ... had my stick in the mud moment :)
    Matthyus likes this.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    For your viewing pleasure
    RBRHoges97, emmo46, Beats143 and 3 others like this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Your race 1 race time was stellar, you would have won div2 and placed 6th in div 1. I had no answer for that. Lucky for me you miscalculated what was needed in race 2 to seal the round and you let me back up off the mat.
    Matthyus likes this.
  18. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I was amazed when I did the stats that I ended up with a D1 mid field time. Hell, I bet @Noremac !!
    We shall see how we go with Kyoto and Maggiore!!
    emmo46 likes this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 6: Kyoto Yamagiwa - 24 Laps - 15:30 Sunny - 14/3
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 14!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. (Qualifying mode should be used so the room can be set to x0 tyre/fuel for qualifying)
    YOU MUST START ON YOUR QUALIFYING TYRE

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be especially careful with the T708 and T12-13 chicanes

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Sports Mediums (mandatory - unlimited sets) & Sports Softs (not mandatory - 1 set ONLY)

PIT ENTRY : The Pit entry is to be followed at ALL TIMES. 4 wheels across the line that determines Pit Entry will be seen as a violation of track limits and you will be subject to a penalty depending on severity and quantity of cuts.
    The entry line is the solid line which should be on your right hand side when entering the pits
    PIT EXIT : You are required to use the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. You should be to the left of the White pit exit line. ENSURE YOU DO NOT CUT THE LINE. Please be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

(the BANG LAP at the bottom of this briefing has a pitstop shown at the end)

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the steward will be @Hatfield. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

20. kiwinado

kiwinado Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    kiwinado
    Won't make tonight sorry. Have a good race all.