GT Sport Season 14 Division 4

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 21, 2021.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 6 Results
    Qualifying

[​IMG]
    Race Result
    [​IMG]

Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  2. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Good to see a big field.
  4. Dr_ag_on888

Dr_ag_on888 New Recruit Gold Member

PSN ID
    Dr_ag_on888
    Nice one. How was that split of Kth04onig on the 2nd to last corner on lap 16. I was on Softs so maybe had slightly better grip. Could have ended in tears
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  5. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I love when it plan comes together. Decided to qualify on SM and was please to see I ended up in 6th, a whisker behind @Dr_ag_on888 who was also on the mediums, and no that far off the SS runners upfront.

My plan was to stretch them out to lap 15 if I could. Off we went and I was gifted a few places in the opening lap shuffles and ended up in 3rd mid way lap 3. Stuck to the racing lines and was at the head of a queue of SS shod cars but was keeping good pace. I overshot the entry into the long left hander at the top of hill and a couple got past. Not to mind, stick to the plan.

I kept a fast approaching @Tristan Jones at bay, knowing at the time that his tyres would be worst than mine. Sure enough at laps 8 - 10 the SS cars began to pit. Got my head down and put in some faster laps to take advantage but that cost my lap 15 stop, having to come in at lap 14. However it meant the fuel top up was less than I anticipated.

Out on the SS and approx half a tank and off I went, reeling in the leaders from 4th place. I knew I could catch Bitsamissin and possibly grab 3rd place. As I got close both he and @shane had some sort of issue (offs due to tyre wear I suspect) and 2nd was there for the taking. A bonus as I was our Joker due to my Joker pick being absent.
    shane, Dybo, Matthyus and 3 others like this.
  6. Dr_ag_on888

PSN ID
    Dr_ag_on888
    ...similar story, started on Mediums. Really happy to Quali 5th... just a hair ahead of you Mr. Eccles. Had a 13 lap Pit strategy. In hindsight probably too early. Onto SS, eating into leading SMs, made 1 mistake and off on the grass just as I was catching @Jonesy... a couple of mistakes in front, into 4th but couldn't quite get to @Bitsa. Enjoyed the racing.
    Dybo and Matthyus like this.
  7. BigLesGaming

BigLesGaming New Recruit

Im super happy with my qualifying. In typical fashion for me. Threw it away with silly mistakes. Sorry to Kth04oning. Came up fast and we bith zigged at the same time. I was able to make a bit of a come back and kept it clean for the end of the race. Just need to work on being consistent amd clean. Glad to have a big field and good people to race with. Very keen for next round.
  8. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Anyone up for a drive in a Gr4 VW Scirocco tonight at the Nurb GP track? One of my SPCC drivers has had to withdraw and I need a driver?
  9. Robbo_77

Robbo_77 New Recruit

PSN ID
    bitsamissin_77
    Yeah I saw you coming but thought I had the pace to hold you off but tangled with a back marker. Was a really good race well driven mate
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 7: Maggiore Centre - 52 Laps - 18:15 Sunny - 21/3
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 14!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEDT. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. If a driver joins while qualifying mode is active, room captains will need to grab a quick photo of qualifying results, cancel the race and then set grid by host.
    In practice mode, once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. (Qualifying mode should be used so the room can be set to x0 tyre/fuel for qualifying)
    YOU MUST START ON YOUR QUALIFYING TYRE

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Sports Mediums (mandatory - unlimited sets) & Sports Softs (not mandatory - 1 set ONLY)

PIT ENTRY : The Pit entry is to be followed at ALL TIMES. 4 wheels across the line that determines Pit Entry will be seen as a violation of track limits and you will be subject to a penalty depending on severity and quantity of cuts.
    As the full circuit pit lines are on the track here, the only thing to worry about is to NOT CUT THE STRIPED TRIANGULAR AREA LEADING INTO THE PIT WALL with all 4 wheels. ALL OTHER LINES ON ENTRY CAN BE DISREGARDED
    PIT EXIT : You are required to use the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. You should be to the left of the solid White pit exit line. ENSURE YOU DO NOT CUT THE LINE. Please be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

(the BANG LAP at the bottom of this briefing has a pitstop shown at the end)

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the steward will be @Hatfield. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

shane, Dybo, boneslightning and 3 others like this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Dybo likes this.
  12. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Round 7 Results
    Qualification

[​IMG]
    Race Result
    [​IMG]
    boneslightning - DSC lap 43 - FL: 0:53.328
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  13. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Arrrgh what rotten luck, or slightly poor decision making. Started on the softs, pitted lap 28, didn't take fuel as the diamond indicate I didn't need to and at lap 51 needed to pit for a quick splash. Threw away a guaranteed 2nd place, the only silver lining was I stayed out 1 lap more than @Anders and passed him. Managed to get back into 3rd place.

Thanks all for a fun season, thanks to @Aza2672 for hosting. Well done @Anders on the Div win.
    Dybo, Dr_ag_on888, Aza2672 and 4 others like this.
  14. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    Thanks for letting me join and finish the season with you guys had a great 2 weeks. unfortunately tonight the power issues here on the mid north coast NSW cost me a finish with a black out with 15 laps to go. Hope to see everyone next season.
    Dybo, Hatfield, Aza2672 and 2 others like this.
  15. Dr_ag_on888

PSN ID
    Dr_ag_on888
    Bad luck you and @Anders. Some great early racing for me. Couldn't keep the pace. Everyone has improved over the weeks. Well done all. A fun first season for me. Congrats to the winners. Thanks to the organisers. Looking forward to next season.
    Dybo and Beats143 like this.
  16. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Pity i missed the start! Drove back from a very soggy gold coast last night and didn't make it in time. Guess thats my drop round!
    Dybo likes this.
  17. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Ah, we thought you might have been affected by the flooding etc.
    Dybo likes this.
  18. Anders

Anders New Recruit Gold Member

PSN ID
    anders_race
    Thanks for the good banter and clean racing Div.4. This season was a blast
    Matthyus and Dybo like this.
  19. robin edwards

robin edwards Team Driver

PSN ID
    rae1982
    Cheers gents see you all in few weeks for some more racing
    Dybo likes this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Big thanks to everyone who helped out this season. We couldn't have done it without you.

Congratulations to @Anders on the championship, and to the podium placings.

Entry thread for next season is up:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-15-entry-thread.4412/

In the meantime I will look to run some more No Practice Sundays to fill the gaps:
    https://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/current-series-no-practice-sundays.4311/

Get your names down in the above links if you are interested, and enjoy the break if you need it
    Dybo likes this.