GT Sport Season 15 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    to be honest after where I finished in the div 1 race I did do last season, and my qualifying times compared to others (I pushed as hard as I could) I am not confident of making a position other than last.

I've spent enough time running around at the back so I'll let others have a go at trying to crack into the top echelon

Had I qualified well at the top of div 2, I would've jumped up to div 1, but as it stands from qualifying I am at the bottom of div 2 on outright qually pace

(inb4 sandbagging comments)
    Apex_64 likes this.
  2. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    More than valid, it is a very hot Div1 this season.
    I was more just amused you sent a shotuout to yourself. As I said I would love to be racing in Div2 this season, I never usually say that as you well know.
  3. StuRichards

StuRichards Rookie

PSN ID
    mad_mullac
    Your pace will keep out of dead last I imagine you have found buckets of pace compared to when we first started racing together in clans lobbies, it used to be a good fight between us then, you will straight smoke me this season if you stay in div2. Either way best of luck for the season mate.
    Darren Day likes this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Looking at the Div 1 field there are only 12 full-time entrants so far and of those guys I'd wager a few rounds may be missed by some of them. With a spot reserved for a streamer I would think that you would want a full 15 drivers in the Div 1 room as much as possible, so if you want three drivers from Div 2 to go up to form "Div 1A" then I'd happily consider it, as this would give me a couple of guys to race at least.

I think everyone is accutely aware that one lap qually pace results do not translate all that well into race pace. So regardless of your qually times @Hatfield I would have thought you would be the one to beat being the reigning Div 2 Champion last season. I'm pretty sure you said to someone else that past performance is taken into account and not just the qually times (yet you use "poor" qually times to defend not putting your hand up for promotion, lol).

Anyway, if @StuRichards and @Darren Day are happy to put their hands up, then I can join them in Div 1A if that's what you want. Championships are not that important to me, but good racing is, and on that point, my only reluctance to kicking around the back of Div 1 is then missing out on the potentially awesome racing with a stacked Div 2 field....
    Max Gassit and Apex_64 like this.
  5. gtkingx

gtkingx Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I know there is a desire to fill div 1 for the stream but really, what's more important for the success of Rooz, a full div 1 room for a better stream(does having a few people punting around the back well off the pace really improve it anyway?) or the best, closest matched divisions for racing for the drivers? I want to remain in div 2 as I think this is going to be the best and closest matched division I've been in since being at Rooz. It really should be a cracker season
  6. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yep. 14 closely matched drivers plus a "novice" and some guy with a poopy stick! :p
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you make many valid points.
    I think then the best 3 to go up will be you, @Darren Day and me
  8. Mike--ekiM

Mike--ekiM Rookie

PSN ID
    Mike--ekiM
    Join me in div 1.5!
    My race pace last season wasn't as strong as my qualy pace, and my qualy pace is a fair way off the top. I think some of the people moving up may be ahead of me on actual race pace. And Tokyo... ahem.
    Div 2 is going to be a killer field, no matter who moves up or down!
  9. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    It would be gr8 to have Div 2 streamed . Killa field
    gtkingx likes this.
  10. ScottPye20

ScottPye20 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    ScottPye20
    Division 1 is on a different level compared to Division 2, so good luck @UrsineSaturn9 and @Darren Day. The pace is intense and the competition is fierce. I don't want to be a downer but you guys aren't much faster than me so don't expect anything special. You are going up against some real hard heads who know what they're doing. I'm not saying you can't compete but you have to be on your game.
    T F Eccles and Viperzed like this.
  11. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    A motivational speech for the ages!!
  12. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Div 1.5! Yay! :D
    GasMonkee78 likes this.
  13. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I think it is crazy for you to race in Div1.
    Hat and Gt king should be the only 2, and only if they want to. As the 2 previous winners of Div2 that is obvious I believe, along with other performances in Gr4 cars at ROOZ recently.
    Nothing for you or ROOZ to gain by racing at the back of Div1 instead of racing in the best Div2 field I have ever seen for equality and pace, and you would add to that.
    Div1 is the pinnacle but quality is better than quantity, Div1 has the highest quality 13 or so ever, I think.
    Many awesome Div1 streams have had 10 drivers or less in the past.
    As GT said, aim of ROOZ should be quality racing for as many drivers as possible.
    UrsineSaturn9 and gtkingx like this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If @gtkingx wants to take the step back up for @UrsineSaturn9 or @Darren Day just let me know.
  15. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    I might have 2 div 2 titles to my name but I haven't genuinely won one as yet. The first one @NAACS had a disconnection and a button pushing error in the pits that handed the championship to me and the second, two drivers pulled out half way through the season that I had zero chance of beating.

I look at this field and there are plenty of drivers who will be vying for the podium places, I don't think any of us will be having an easy win at all. So a choice between racing with a room full of equally matched drivers or a room where most who will be a second or more a lap faster isn't much of a choice for me. It's a bit sad we're losing 3 other well matched drivers to div 1 but it is what it is i guess ...
    Ian Cannan, UrsineSaturn9 and NAACS like this.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    "Crazy" is a strong word, but I take your point. I'd rather race in the Div 2 room and I have a strong suspicion that @Hatfield and @Darren Day would prefer to as well, but I'll happily race in the Div 1 room also so long as there are at least a couple of similar paced drivers in there to compete against. I'm not kidding myself, I have no chance of getting towards the front in that field, even after the awesome pep talk from fubbles :laugh:.

The other thing I am wondering now is that if 3 go to Div 1 room then does the Div 2 room drop back to 13 entrants? That seems a bit silly if that's the case
    Apex_64, gtkingx and Peersy like this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    That's what happens... but what are we to do?
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Depends on your goals. If it is to fill the higher division rooms then bump up some Div 2 drivers, replace them with some from Div 3 etc. If it is to have tightly matched and close racing, then leave things as they were and go for the "quality rather than quantity" approach to Div 1.
    gtkingx likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I think I'd prefer the full div 2 grid as it was because that is where the pace split seems to be
    but I don't want a <10 car grid on stream in div 1
  20. gtkingx

PSN ID
    gtkingx
    Is the stream more important than good quality on track racing?