GT Sport Season 16 Division 3 - Powered by Torque Tuition

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    @Hatfield g’day Hat
    Last night i ran a room as per my post above and set the room fastest first and did qualifying in practice mode. Instructed all to change tyres at end of qual and drive out past first timing marker. Mint Matt and Ursine said i needed to set the grid by host, so i did.
    Is that actually required? When the settings for tyre and fuel get changed for the race does it throw the grid out of whack or should the order still be correct?
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Order gets wiped when you reset the room, so you'll have to set it manually after you change the settings. Just take a screenshot of the qual results before you change settings
  3. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    Ok thanks. I did all that, just wasn’t sure you had to. Now i know for sure
  4. RPeeM808

RPeeM808 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    RPeeM808
    Late scratching for myself tonight, making the most of a wee winter break. See you next week
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  6. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Congratulations @Beats143 @emmo46 @shane you guys were standouts.

Hope everyone enjoyed that more than me, what a shocker.
    Q7 which was okay but opted for medium first. An unfortunate first lap bump from behind placed me into the wall/grass on the outside at T2 (a few ended up there infront and behind from separate incidents, so I wasn't the only one but it didn't help)
    Went into fuel saving mode, pit on lap 21 then softs and I couldn't claw back any time from dead last.
  7. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Deleted as I didn't read the earlier start for R3.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP already says:
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEST Race Start 8:30 AEST (30mins earlier for the enduro round)
  9. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Ah, I did miss that. I will delete my post.
  10. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Well, started 12th or some such disaster, and through sheer grit ,determination and truthfully enough luck that I'll have none the rest of my life snagged 4th. Thanks all, was fun.
    To host, need to wait a few mins b4 reset room at race end.
    Peeps need to save replay.
    emmo46, Beats143 and Peersy like this.
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had a reasonably good race. Beats took pole again and he and moon on the front row both opted for RM, 7den, anders and I were on RS with peersy behind me on RM.
    At turn 1 7den got past beats and moon and at turn 2 I took 2nd from beats. there were three cars that came to various levels of grief in the crowd at turn 2.
    By the end of lap 1 7den led from me, anders, beats, volvo up from 8th on RM and Goof from 11th. On the 3rd lap 7den clanged the outside wall on the final corner and I drafted past him into the lead. Unfortunately in my effort to create a gap over the next couple of laps, I mucked up turn 4 and 7den took me around the outside of turn 6 with anders taking us both on the inside. Razor then drafted passed me next lap to put me back to 4th just ahead of beats. On that lap Razor and I then both ran wide at 4 and beats passed both of us.
    Things weren't going too well as I was now back in 5th about 4 seconds from the lead with beats ahead of me on RM. :(.
    On lap 8 I caught and passed beats and set about moving towards the front again and by lap 10 was back up to 3rd and with dragon and goof putting beats back to 6th things were looking up again. On lap 11 anders spun which moved me up to 2nd about 2 seconds behind 7den.
    By lap 14 I was able to draft past 7den to retake the lead. Next lap dragon and razor pitted and then goof and 7den on lap 18. That moved beats up to 2nd and he was still within 9 seconds of me:eek:. Beats then pitted for his RS on lap 19 and I had a glorious lead of 35 seconds back to 7den for a lap.
    I pitted lap 20 for my RM and came out 7.6 seconds up on dragon and 7den and beats 4th.
    By lap 23 beats was up to 2nd and only 7.2 seconds back, I knew I was doomed. He caught me by lap 32 and put a gap of just over 4 seconds on me by the flag. dragon fly was about 4 seconds back in third and then a big gap back to a battling Goof, 7den and Razor.
    Two wins on the trot puts beats 13 points ahead of me now and I doubt I can do much about it. He is quicker and is getting good fuel and tyre life so I have nothing up my sleeve to try and turn it around, I just have to try to get faster and make less little mistakes.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    gtkingx, Beats143, Matthyus and 3 others like this.
  12. Bluemoon

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    You can still save after the change.
  13. Beats143

PSN ID
    Beats143
    @emmo46 great wrap up once again Emmo. I did not expect to get pole, but once i had it i knew the strategy was to start on RM. i raced as hard as i could to stay competitive towards the front after running a bit wide coming out of T1 and loosing a couple of spots. T2 didn’t end so well for some i noticed on the replay. Pretty happy I wasn’t amongst that. Had some great little battles in the first 8 laps especially with @Razorpod50 on his RS tyres. We were never really more than a slipstream apart. I ended up dropping to 6th and consolidated that position. All the front runners barring Emmo pitted before me which gave me a sniff that the night might turn out ok for me. Pit on L19 Emmo pit L20 and after the wash up I was in a strong position. Solid laps on new softs and the front runners were in sight fairly quickly on their mediums. All passes from there were made at T1.Stayed consistent from there and was able to get passed Emmo on L32 thanks to the Slip down the straight. I was thinking as we do while watching the time gaps that he would be going oh Dang it.;) (He was probably saying something else :D) No mistakes from there and I was home 1st to the Chequered Flag. Once again i was able to practice a fair bit leading in and it payed off again. I know not everyone can get the time to do it. Thanks to everyone i raced near for their awareness and respectful racing. Bunch of solid racers in this room. Some rubbing along the way but that’s racing. Looking forward to Yamagiwa, it’s a super track. Stay safe everyone, see ya Sunday
    Stew Wilson, emmo46 and Matthyus like this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I managed to get in about three and half race distances of practice, obviously not enough. I am left wondering what might have been if I had been able to stay in the lead from lap 3 on rather than the two or three hectic laps dropping back to fifth again and then having to fight back to the lead again over the next ten laps, could I have built a big enough lead to hold to the end, I guess I'll never know.
    Beats143 likes this.
  15. shane

shane New Recruit

PSN ID
    Dragonfly11-
    Hi all I’ve just been checking over a few things and going by the qualifying results I don’t know if I’m missing something here. But I see I had the 3rd quickest time for qualifying but started the race in 11th a bit confused.
  16. shane

shane New Recruit

PSN ID
    Dragonfly11-
    Sorry mistook the bottom two pages as qualifying results not Race results my bad very sorry
    emmo46 likes this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  18. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Wow that looks so much like someone i know...
    emmo46 likes this.
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa - 57 Laps - 15:30 Sunny - 1/8 - Endurance
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 16!!
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:30 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 7:50 AEST for 10 mins. We are using practice mode this season for qualifying.
    Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    YOU MAY START ON EITHER TYRE AND PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING
    RACE START TIME : 8:00 AEST (once qualifying has completed)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someone's night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Please be careful with cuts at T8-9 & 14

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

TYRES : Racing Mediums (mandatory - unlimited sets) & Racing Softs (not mandatory - unlimited sets)

PIT ENTRY : Please attempt to follow the pit entry lane. Failure to do so may result in a penalty (especially in the instance another driver is affected). Please do not cut the unbroken white entry line on the right of the pit lane.

PIT EXIT : Please attempt to follow the pit exit lane, Penalties will be adjudicated in similar fashion to Pit Entry. Please be aware of cars approaching on the straight. Be careful when exiting that you don't move across the track impeding incoming cars. For cars on the straight, please give room to drivers as they exit the pits. Please do not cut the unbroken white exit line on the right of the pit lane.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the steward will be @Hatfield. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP : If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres (or no tyres) so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    (ALSO IF YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT ATTEND, PLEASE POST SAYING SO, SO THAT RESERVES CAN BE ORGANISED IN ADVANCE)
    If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

VIDEO: @Rangeraus has kindly offered to complete a track limits video so look out for that soon
    Bluemoon, Blunty075, shane and 7 others like this.
  20. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member