GT Sport Season 17 Division 2 - Powered by Torque Tuition

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We received info and footage showing you ghost, then type things into game chat while the race was occurring and then leaving the room.
  2. Peter P

Peter P New Recruit

PSN ID
    peeterpan_62
    wow mate according to you i have been lucky to win a race and u want to change race days too but i see it like this. i went in pits at lemans and i changed tyres and put in more fuel than u and u did not save more fuel than me and i was catching u before u crashed and i would have won anyway. i stuffed up a gear change on lap 11 last night and cost myself the win in the first race and then came from 2nd last on grid with many problems on the way to win the 2nd race so how can u think u threw the win away with an error in the second race when you were way behind me and emmo was in front of both of us when he made an error in 1st race. i missed brands because i was away and it is my favorite track and i blew the start in race 1 and drove back to 3rd but was confused about time lost in pits (i now know not to change tyres) and drove too hard trying to win i did not whinge about it. well done jonno on the win in the 1st race last night.

that said i had fun last night, gr8 racing with emmo and jono in the 1st race and then from near the rear of the grid in 2nd race even though it was a bit rubby and cars were going everywhere it was hard racing but fair.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I threw myself off track while leading race 1, continuing my season of errors. Managed to snag a podium in the end so happy with that.
    Ben Campbell and Peter P like this.
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    With how the points work with the sprint round, all I needed was 3rd to cement the win. I had 4 laps to go when I went to play in the sand and was right behind Goof at this point. Less than a lap later Blunty had a moment so I could have made that 3rd spot with some hard racing with Goof.

As for the other races, we all make mistakes that cost us time.
    I do not mean that you are / aren't lucky, you are damn fast and it's taking all my energy / skills to keep up (and still get beaten...). It has been a blast to be really be pushed this season (like a previous season with Emmo).

Yes I would have liked to have moved the next race, but this was only so that I could race this car at this track. As it is I'll miss it and I will not be able to compete for the championship title.

Last nights round 1 was an epic slog and am very proud that I was able to stick with you 2, both of you were faster than me.
    Round 2 I started slow and over the duration of 10ish laps I had made my way to 5th. Sadly, I broke WAAAAY too late to continue to my progress through the field.
    You raced fast to get back to the front step. Well done
    Ben Campbell likes this.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Matthyus did indeed throw away the overall win with his error in race 2. If he had stayed on track 3rd in race 2 was probable. He was ahead of me at that point and I eventually took the 3rd he needed. If I hadn't errored in race 1 I might well have taken out the round as well. We all made errors and the cards fell where they fell.
    Peeter was the quickest and iis the well deserved winner, the way he cut through the field in race 2 left me floundering in his wake.
    Matthyus and Peter P like this.
  6. Peter P

Peter P New Recruit

PSN ID
    peeterpan_62
    got to own your mistakes like emmo and me and not blame the mistake for costing u a higher finish but blame yourself as it is u that decides whether to take risks or drive as fast as u can risking mistakes. u r a gr8 racer and so is emmo and i have learnt a lot about sim racing from u2 and oxlov and sparkles are good racers too (i raced go-carts in the 70s)
    i dont care about championships or wins i like gr8 racing and fun and my best times on GT games were with my grandson in GT5 and i will be away the last round probably so u r still a chance for title.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If he says he threw away a position by making an error, isn't that owning his own mistake?
  8. Peter P

Peter P New Recruit

PSN ID
    peeterpan_62
    dunno why u r commenting on it mate it has nothing to do with u but owning it is not whinging and saying it cost u a win cos u dunno what is gunna happen around the next corner or if other drivers had more speed up the sleeve or if u were going to crash again. i did the same in race 1 i made a mistake so i deserved to come second i did not throw it away it was my mistake and so cos of my mistake jonno drove better than me and won it is very simple mate.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'm commenting on it because I was hoping to clear up some confusion in the forums of the online league that I run.
    You are correct that you don't know for sure if you were going to win or not. Should he perhaps have said he threw away a better result that he got had he not made the mistake?
    People make their own race reports/comments at the end of a race sometimes saying what they and others did well or not (in their own opinion) and it is interesting to read the different perspectives.
    Also, saying you threw away a good result isn't the same as saying you deserved to finish in that higher position. Racing drivers do it all the time in post race interviews.

At the end of the day, I'm glad the championship battle is close for division 2, looks to be an exciting finish!
    Ben Campbell likes this.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Throwing away a good result because of your own error is just a turn of speech, basically saying I could have gotten a better result, maybe even a win , if I hadn't f#%cked up. That's my excuse.
  11. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I reckon your putting effort in the wrong areas. I just tried to send Rangeraus a pm to chat to him about how awesome a member he is, only to find his post from last night was deleted, he is no longer on the driver list, and I can't send him the message.
    This discussion here is about div2 drivers making their own mistakes, it is harmless banter about semantics.
    Losing Ranger among so many other Div1 drivers for the same old reason should be your focus, not harmless discussions with no malice that have nothing to do with you.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I don't think matthyus was just blaming the mistake like it had nothing to do with him. He is owning his mistake and just rueing a good result, probably a win, has gone because of it. He was only given that chance because you and I went off in race 1 and he didn't. That's how it goes, I was nearly sick when I took myself off track from the lead of race 1 as I knew my chance of the round win was left lying in the dust outside turn three.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think Hatfield has the right to reply just as you have. He is the administrator after all and maybe concerned that it may get heated. There is nothing to see here really. Just a couple of guys sobbing about their own mistake costing them points.
  14. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    A familiar story for me too @emmo46 down in Div 3, except I did it twice! Comfortably leading race 1, off at turn 1, back to last but recovered to 4th. Knew going into race 2 I had to finish 1 or 2 to have chance at a podium for the round. Started race 2 in 7th, gained the lead at end of lap 2, stayed there till lap 12 where I went off enough at the last turn to be overtaken and couldn't recover the lead. All on me. Ces't la vie.
    emmo46 likes this.
  15. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

I am still here... I decided to delete my post because ultimately, regardless of how I felt about that race immediately after it happened, having a forum whinge about it wasn't helpful to anyone - the race is done and I cannot change the result
    I'd rather just take a few days to forget about it and move on to the next race
  16. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    :)
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I can see that Ranger deleted his own post. I also spoke to him last night an hour or so after the race.
    I also notice he is number 4 on the drivers list in the division 1 OP which shows me it was last edited on 13 October 2021.
    No idea why you can't message him, what was the error message?

After all that, I do agree he is an awesome member:
    and this only confirms that fact :inlove:
    T F Eccles and Steve Neilson like this.
  18. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Very sorry.
    I saw his message last night and then today it was gone. I went to pm him and it errored twice saying there was no member by his name. I totally forgot I have had weird message problems before as you know. I then somehow missed his name in the div1 list, and thought he had left ROOZ.
    My bad mistake and very sorry.

Going to be busy, I have 512 posts to delete.:x3:
    emmo46 and Easyprey007 like this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Apology accepted.
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Just watched replays of both races, wow, hectic, panel beaters nightmare.
    RPeeM808 likes this.