GT5 GT5 Time trials - No driving aids (abs 0 etc)

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by city-car, Feb 13, 2013.

1. city-car

city-car New Recruit

G'day Peoples,
    I was thinking it'd be fun to have a GT5 time trial section for those of us who can't meet any regular time frame to be able to race in leagues (eg random roster/shift workers like me :) ). So perhaps this would be a good spot for some "offline racing" so to speak...i know time trials are on line, but at least we don't have to be online at the same time.

I find you get a hostile reaction on gtplanet forums any time you mention not using driving aids or driving with the manual gearbox (no matter how polite or diplomatic you are). In fact that community pretty much excludes those that do not use driving aids (hence this thread), on top of this, as 99.9% of the GT5 community use some kind of driving aid there is little help for those that do not.

A lot of the information and tunes shared on gtplanet is only relevant to those that do use driving aids as the tunes generally seem to work pretty poorly without aids. Hopefully with some information sharing we can progress in the GT5 time trial side of things; I'll be happy to share my tunes for time trials as they come.
    (If someone wants to use this idea for a 'with driving aids' section then feel free to cut and paste this thread into a new one and make a 'with driving aids' thread)

The only rule for this thread is:
    Please no driving aids. (You can use the automatic gear box if you want because strictly speaking its not a driving aid and it will only slow you down anyway)

You can cut and paste your position and time from http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php
    You can post a couple of different options as you can apply filters from the above webpage to discard all the driving aid results.
    Two useful results:

-World wide result with no driving aids
    -Australia wide result with no driving aids for Australia only
    I'll post an example (note that the world wide result with driving aids is on the left, the actual result is on the far right).
  2. city-car

city-car New Recruit

Time Trial No 54 #1
    -World wide rank - no driving aids
    4013 city-car Australia 01:22.083 05.626 MT 0 0 0 W9 Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 92
    -Australia wide rank - no driving aids
    4013 city-car Australia 01:22.083 05.626 MT 0 0 0 W9 Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 2

Time Trial No 54 #2
    -World wide rank - no driving aids
    898 city-car Australia 01:05.362 04.639 MT 0 0 0 W9 RS200 Rally Car '85 38
    -Australia wide rank - no driving aids
    898 city-car Australia 01:05.362 04.639 MT 0 0 0 W9 RS200 Rally Car '85 1

(rank including drivers that use driving aids is on far left. 'Worldwide rank - no driving aids' is far right (no.92 for the top line). i failed pretty hard with the vette - overall 4013)
  3. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Hey City-car
    Yeah i would probably enjoy something like that - the no ABS will pose a slight issue as i'm not use to the brake feel without it being on 1 but willing to learn.
    Will watch this thread for updates
    Cheers
  4. city-car

city-car New Recruit

I can post tunes for the rally cars if people want, but time trial no. 54 is closed now. I'll post my current tunes for the cars i'm using at the moment for time trial no. 55.

Joeninety if you want you can use ABS 1, but the problem is you'll have to set the mygranturismo ranking to then include all the other people using ABS 1. Anyhow i don't want anyone to be excluded, but the aim is to go with no driving aids. ABS 1 maybe an unfair advantage across many of the timetrials?
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Good idea CC. I used to only run ABS = 0, H-Pattern and clutch when I played GT5..(but only iRacing now) and you're right, tunes for ABS = 1 and any other assists generally didn't cross over well without a bit extra work. Good luck with this thread, you certainly shouldn't get a hostile reaction to it here! :D
  6. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I am keen, if you want hand setting up let me know.
  7. city-car

city-car New Recruit

Once i get home i'll post my NASCAR tune for the Kyle Busch toyota. I always find the faster cars more fun because driving aids play a much smaller part in getting the fastest time.
    My current tune seems pretty good so far. It feels stable most of the time. I'm unsure if the aero or springrate could be balanced a little better, but when i fiddle with the springrate i gain in one part of the track and lose out on another.
    (will update with tune later)
    Edit
    Yeah Koaster,
    Once GT6 comes out ill consider moving to forza 5 or IRacing or its equivalent whatever that might be in 5 years time......or if my PS3 busts i'll move on.
  8. city-car

city-car New Recruit

First session.
    With the NASCAR the more laps you do with it in a row the better, the front tyres need time to heat up. So lap times should improve from 2 to 3 and then 4 and 5 should plateau, in terms of tyre performance, unless you start doing something different or the tyres become too hot.
    Mazda should be good on lap 1 definitely by lap 2.

Spa francochamps 570pp nascar TT
    Was at 1800 overall for a while:
    2014 city-car Australia 02:17.944 06.727 MT 0 0 0 W9 2011 Kyle Busch #18 CAMRY
    [img=Spa francochamps 570pp nascar]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8532/8480264242_eb39f6304a_b.jpg[/img]

Tsukuba 400pp MX5 TT
    2554 city-car Australia 01:09.524 03.531 MT 0 0 0 W9 Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89
    [img=tsukuba 400pp tt mx5]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8112/8479174907_d2911592de_b.jpg[/img]

I may not get another chance on these two time trials, but i'm not too unhappy with those times. Could maybe break into 2.16's with the current tune. If i spent 5 more hours on tuning might get into low 2.16's or possibly high 2.15's, but i'm not gonna change the tune for the nascar. Could probably break into the 1.08.9's with the mazda if a spent some time on it and got a bit lucky.

Edit:
    OH, The nascar has had an oil change or two, but it has done quite a few km's since its last oil change so the oil is dirty, but nothing drastic maybe 100-200km into the dirty zone. I was going to change the oil in case the car was better off with more torque.
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Screwy lap, need to do more laps and fiddle with the setup. But here you are City, no ABS. Will try the Tsukuba TT at a later date.

1448 Anon666 Australia 02:17.168 05.951 MT 0 0 0 W9 2010 Kyle Busch #18 CAMRY
  10. city-car

city-car New Recruit

Well done man,
    Apparently PD put an update on during the time trial (again). I'm trying to figure out if this is why i was having trouble keeping up with my ghost the other day. So the above tunes may not work so well anymore? Haven't had a chance to test this yet.
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah, give up on those TT's mate. You'll have to wind your car so far back now that it's a waste of time. I think new one's today anyway??
  12. city-car

city-car New Recruit

No one attempted the previous Mx-5 timetrial?
    2782 city-car Australia 01:09.524 03.620 MT 0 0 0 W9 Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89 1
    1st in Aust

I dropped through the order on spa.
    1529 Anon666 Australia 02:17.168 06.031 MT 0 0 0 W9 2010 Kyle Busch #18 CAMRY 3
    2203 city-car Australia 02:17.944 06.807 MT 0 0 0 W9 2011 Kyle Busch #18 CAMRY 4
    4th in Aust. behind Anon666

Next time trial looks fun.
    I'll post my lambo countach anniversary tune from the nurburgring - expert 550pp challenge if it works on this track....and then wheni get a chance i'll develop a tune for the RUF CTR2 for the 500pp snow challenge.
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    New TT's are up. No tuning required. Grand Valley reverse (sound familiar) and a kart track. Both good fun and easy credits.
  14. city-car

city-car New Recruit

Yeah no tuning req, cool i guess.... it'll save some time. I didn't have time for the last TT :(
    I've also lost some passion for GT5 with the way tuning and driving aids goes anyway.
    Apparently hackers mucked up the last timetrial with hybrid cars somehow...?
  15. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    New seasonal time trials up:

TVR RM @ Nurg GP.

518BB @ Rome.

No tuning required - makes it so much easier.
    Could only see 1 other ROOZ member - Warrior. He was in the the top 10 last night.
  16. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Warrior was in the top 50 for the TVR & top 60 for 518BB when i looked last night around 9pm..

me i got into the 250 last night for both..
    TVR 234TH
    518BB 210TH