GT7 Season 2 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 29, 2022.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I'm a doubtful starter for this week, if I'm there I'm there otherwise don't wait for me.
  2. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 5: Dragon Trail Seaside - Custom Weather Random
    - Early Morning 4x Variable Time - 56 Laps - 11/9 (Endurance Round)

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 2 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 7:30 pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

QUALIFYING : 8pm AEST for 10 mins.
    Room settings can now be changed via the lobby itself, therefore practice laps are able to be run prior to qualifying which will be run in ‘practice’.
    Once 10 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:10 AEST

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

As there are no "exploitable" corners at Seaside, Track Limits will be generalised as RaceOnOz standard rules.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars entering T1.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race

TRACK SPECIFIC - Dragon Trail Seaside

A crowd favourite amongst GT players, Seaside has become a stay of many league calendars thanks to its multiple overtaking areas and challenging death chicane. Drivers caught out by this tricky right, left, right should be aware of cars behind them travelling at speed and attempt to move drivers right, off racing line if they make considerable contact with the wall.

As this is an Endurance round, Room Hosts/Captains are encouraged to get proceedings underway as early as possible (within reason). If all in the room agree, Qualifying will begin at 8PM AEST and Race Start (as always) will be immediately following Qualifying. Please remember to empty your bladders and have a beverage of choice close, Enduros can be quite taxing!
    emmo46, Stew Wilson, Bluemoon and 2 others like this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    @Viperzed is the weather modifier x4 or x30 as per OP?
  4. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    The OP now says 9x ? Confusing
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    The OP will be updated to 4x when Hatfield awakens lol, 30x was provoking some issues in track grip similar to what we saw in Spa.
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    OP updated to reflect updated weather acceleration to x4 from x30
  7. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Is this BoP/Category specific or is it PP limited?
  8. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Stock standard. So BoP.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  9. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Cool, sounds good. Vehicle/class?
  10. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

All in the first post in this thread dude.
    Car : Jaguar F-Type Gr.3
    Check there for all other info relating to track and other settings.
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  11. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Cool, no worries. Thank you
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  12. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Hi guys, I can't race tonight. Something has come up, sorry for the late notice
  13. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Race Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fastest Lap
    [​IMG]
  14. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    Haha had a lot of fun, binned it maybe a couple more times than I should have (not on chicane of death though surprisingly). Thanks for having me, was good to have a proper race!
    gtkingx likes this.
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Wow, what a race.
    Emotional rollercoaster last night.
    Qualified OK, however this was nearly a second off the lead... Well done @Stew Wilson
    Lap 1 - It was one of the best we've had and from all accounts we all made it through the Chicane of Death!!!

However it was short lived and it claimed it first victims and then some more and more and more...
    I had made my way up the order from 10th and was doing well.
    I finally came a cropper 10 or so laps into the race then again on the next.
    Now down in 15th :(

After a few tentative laps, I started to find my groove again and got going.
    In practise, I knew that the tyres would last 20 laps, so a 2 stopper was the way to go.

And now began the quiet and large task of a massive recovery drive.
    I settled into a rythym and just slotted down my lap times, mostly 1.38's some 39's when trying to make ground using different entry / exit points / speeds.
    Almost pipped Stew's FL a few times :)
    As we were approaching my first pit stop, I saw other racers strategies in place, still kinda hopeful that my strategy was the right one, but held firm that I had made the right decision.
    As we moved on past and into the middle of the race, laps 20 to 40, this is where I really made some serious inroads.
    I was having some close racing with @Peersy and @boneslightning in this section, which was great, however it was short lived due to accidents or Barry R :)
    By the time I was on my last stint, I was sitting in 6th ish, but as I now had fresh tyres on low fuel, it was time to burn and burn I did. I quickly left Peersy in my dust and went about thundering up the order. Luckily due to fighting for positions or accidents, I managed to sneak into 3rd.

Super glad that it was the enduro distance, as it gives you the chance to redeem your race and hopefully bring home the bacon.

Congrats to @Stew Wilson & @UrsineSaturn9 on your win and podium finishes.
    Hard luck @spleece you had 3rd until the final corner.

Also, this was the first time we've had 1 person win twice this season!!
    Goes to show how close this room is.

So not looking forward to the next race at Bathurst....But I'll be there.
  16. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this Sunday's race :(. Will be back for R7.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  17. Walker_17

Walker_17 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Walker_17__
    Bathurst is my favorite track but unfortunately I'm out this Sunday. Have to work.
  18. T-GT_Racing

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    I'll play backup again, was doing some practice last night on the off chance.
  19. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I'm back this week.
    Peersy and T-GT_Racing like this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield