Logitech GTEYE brake spring mod on Logitech G29

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by TheMugsy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Anyone here done this?
    I ordered the brake spring yesterday to give it a try.
    Although I find the brakes "okay", I do think the transition from light to harder braking a little too abrupt for my taste (no doubt the effect of making contact with the rubber insert inside the standard brake spring).
    I've heard that the pedals are calibrated out the box to account for the reduced travel due to the rubber insert, so have a 12mm piece of rubber that will act as a stop once 100% travel is reached, with the increased pedal resistance through to full braking coming from the progressive GTEYE spring and not compressing the standard rubber insert.
    I also intend trialing the firmer clutch spring (swap over) on the accelerator for better feel.

Hoping this will improve overall pedal feel.
  2. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I did this to my old G27 setup and it was much better. Definitely more feel than the stock setup.
    TheMugsy likes this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I have the full set of GTEye springs in my G25.

Started with DIY spring insert mods which degrade over time eventually failing my original brake spring. So started with just the GTEye spring in the brake and was really happy with it, only thing was it made the factor accelerator feel like a flappy toy so went for the full set and very pleased with it.
    TheMugsy likes this.
  4. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
    Motorcycle valve springs work a treat!
    TheMugsy likes this.
  5. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    Just don't skip leg day lol.
    TheMugsy likes this.
  6. TheMugsy

TheMugsy Rookie

PSN ID
    EpicRedRocket
    Happy to say that I think its an improvement...had to cut a piece of 12mm rubber (from my wife's stationary - payback for the Sunday night incident with the iron) to remove a small dead zone at the bottom of the brake pedal travel, but it's definitely better.
    Ozglenn likes this.