GTS - End of Season Pace

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Matthyus, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So as an added bonus, here are the Season 15 pace breakdown and overall Pace for all of GTS.

WARNING - Download the file from Google Drive, Excel online doesn't like Pivots..
    Season 15 pace
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w1qZRMPHE0xASmE8nBD2txYPoqgA3fUO/view?usp=sharing
    Overall Pace
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/15KDzbpGB-_ipUfrQEJRtTMzcXrhrVCey/view?usp=sharing

How to use
    Don't be daunted by the sheer amount of data, we can trim that down.
    Using the drop down arrow above the driver name in the chart itself, choose the Select All option which will unselect everyone. Now just scroll through the list to find the drivers you would like to compare too. Select as many as you would like.
    Example
    [​IMG]

What does it mean & How is the data obtained
    First up, the second question.
    I take the FL and RT from the Fastest Lap data we obtain and break each time down to milliseconds using some Excel wizardary. I then compare those numbers to the Fastest achieved on the night. This gives you a figure.
    The closer you are to 1 the faster you are.

You've linked 2 files, what's the second one for
    That Overall Pace file stores ALL 14 Seasons of GTS data, allowing to see how you are going over your racing career. Obviously you know if you are doing well in a certain car, etc. But this allows you to compare to other drivers and see the good or bad in a pretty little chart.

Why?
    I like data. I offered Hat and co my assistance in an attempt to even out the divisions so that the competition could be closer. I've in the past solely used the Overall pace to initially place racers, alongside the promotion / regulation system, however over the last couple of seasons I decided to change things up a bit and only choose cars of the type we are using (GR4, N400, etc) to seed the divisions better. There was a pretty big shakeup in divisions 2 - 4, which I believe led to some closer racing.
    This season however we decided to again refine our qualification system, based off of the actual pace in the season car from the R1Q session. This led to some very interesting placements and with the benefit of hindsight, it needs some tweaking (of which we'll do for S15). As you can see, this is a constantly evolving beast, but we are constantly trying to get it as close as possible.

Personally
    With the changes to how the divisions were seeded, combined with the Round 1 Qualifying (with me back in D2 from D3) the competition was going to be interesting with the few people I knew. I knew from the outset that I could a mid pack runner this time. At the start of the season with D1 being 'very' full, we had a spill over of the normal back half of D1 into D2, making the podium a pretty tough space to stand on, given the quality racers at the pointy end.
    I had set myself 2 goals this season.
    1. To continue to improve my pace and stay below the '20' figure. I managed to stay under 20, which was good considering I had a couple of really bad races.
    2. Beat Emmo / Saturn:)

Since Emmo and I were battling for 1st and 2nd in D3 last season, we both got promoted. I knew from the outset that he was going to be a serious competitor. Has been for a while now :)
    While we weren't battling for the Championship, we were battling for 5th (almost best of the rest). While we didn't battle much, our results were. I managed to hold on to 5th for most of the season, until the latter half of the season where my lead begun to get worn away.
    To keep 5th, I had to beat Emmo (a given), but also out pace 2 other quality racers in Disco_stew and Oldtimer. Alas I couldn't do it and dropped to 8th. Emmo beat me by 1 point!!!
    This season Emmo also beat me in overall pace, but by the smallest of margins.
    Saturn on the other hand was in another division :)

The regulations this season didn't quite suit me (Tyre wear was a bit of a killer), but still happy I was able to be competitive in D2 with tougher regulations.

Anyhow, if you have any questions, fire away.

PS - No more s/sheets from me until next Season now. As much as I would like this, we have R1Q in a week...
    Anyhow signing off for this Season.