Hello from a noob locked away in Sydney

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Daemoroth, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Daemoroth

Daemoroth New Recruit

Hello everyone,

Complete newbie over here, still getting to grips with ACC, the tracks and my G920 and working on getting those track ratings / safety ratings up in offline AI battles. Hoping to work up the confidence to risk ruining other peoples' races as I try my hardest to stay on the winding black stuff. Looking forward to some clean racing in cars other than Lambos, which would be a tough sell if the ROOZ Mondays S3 Rnd7 Suzuka highlight vid is anything to go by. :D

*Edit: As my first blunder, which luckily was not on track, upon further investigation I see the Monday races are single make races, and I didn't just stumble into an unofficial Lamborghini fanclub!
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Ha! Hi mate, and welcome! I assume you are on PC - feel free to join us any time for a race, and check out the relevant threads for sign up etc.

After two pretty long and serious ACC GT3 seasons, we are now having a bit of a fun season, where we are doing single make rounds each time - all drivers drive the same car, and we draw the cars randomly on race night just before practice begins for each round. We are alternating each week between the least used GT3 cars and GT4 cars. This Monday was Lambo Super Trofeo and next Monday will be a random GT4.

Tonight is the Wednesday Sprint League - 2 x 20 minute races in GT4's.

In around three weeks the current Monday season will end and we will likely have special events/fun runs for a couple weeks before we kick of another more serious season - this is looking likely to be a mixed class GT3/GT4 grid but we will confirm all the details as we get closer to getting that started.

In any case, please come along and join us for a race, there are some really fast guys here but also plenty of newer guys and everything in between. If you have any questions, fire away!
    beakeroo, KoAStR and Daemoroth like this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Welcome Daemoroth. Looks like Steve will get you sorted, gee the new format sounds good Steve, might have to give it a crack....

Also come to the DiRT side of you feel like something different ;)
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Daemoroth like this.
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

Do it mate!
  5. Daemoroth

Daemoroth New Recruit

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Don't quite own the GT4 car pack just yet, but who knows what happens over the weekend! It'd be pretty fun to get started with the more lighthearted comps so that's a strong motivator for sure!

DiRT Rally 2.0 right? Hmm, been a loong time since I tried a rally game, last time I hit every tree on the way to the start of the stint, but would be good to mix things up! Plus it's on GamePass (Got the $1 deal going until 2022-somewhere..) so I have no excuse! :)

One question: is voice chat mandatory during a race? I'm playing on TV via NVIDIA GameStream (Streams PC game via LAN to TV) so while everything runs perfectly fine apparently voice chat/mics aren't supported. I can chat on the phone until race start obviously but would probably prefer to set it aside during a race. That does make it more difficult to apologise profusely when I run someone off the road but I guess you guys would also get tired of hearing "Oh f$#@! Sorry!" every other minute. :p
    KoAStR and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

Sounds good mate! Voice chat is not mandatory but it does make it easier just in case the admins/race director needs to tell the drivers something quickly.
    Daemoroth likes this.