IMPORTANT, mic ettequite - please read

Discussion in 'New Members' started by stucar17, Dec 14, 2012.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hi all,

Guys, i have had a few comments passed that the etiquette while using the Mics in our race rooms has started to get a little over the top on some occasions.

I want to take this opportunity to remind EVERYONE of your obligations while using your mic, and be reminded that those people that don't have them are able to hear everything that's being said. The problem with that is that everyone else in the house can hear as well, including wives and children !

Just because we are on mics it doesn't mean what we say doesn't have consequences.

We all like a bit of blokey banter.......taking the piss is all part of the fun of being online with your mates and part of being involved in a forum / league like we have here. We have a great community, and i (and the admins / other mods) would hate to see our race rooms descend to somewhere where people don't want to go for fear of abuse, or being uncomfortable. Also a reminder that if someone is being a pain in the arse, mute them !!!

I think at some stage WE'RE ALL GUILTY of crossing a line with language and things said in bad taste, and i would like everyone to think a little more before we let rip where all can hear !

As a result of incidents, members will be subject to being banned from using their mic's in ANY ROOZ room for a period of 4 weeks.. They remain free to race in our rooms but will be on notice, as is everyone else, that inappropriate behaviour can;t and won;t be tolerated. We have new members coming online and the last thing we want is to get a name that isnt worthy of our great community.

Please help us by keeping it all within the boundarys of good taste and general decency.

Cheers
    Stu
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
    Anthonyb, WOLFYDADDY007 and AJ.Scott like this.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks Stu.

Guys further to Stu's comments, rules regarding your mic conduct have been in place since the leagues inception:
    • Forum rule #4 implicitly applies to text and verbal chatter in ROOZ racing lobbies
    • Racing Rules & Regs rules (iv) and (v) explicitly apply
    • Your in-game language and actions are subject to PSN Terms of Service & User Agreement. Behaviour including but not limited to that which can be construed as abusive, or threatening is prohibited by Section 2 Community Code of Conduct of this agreement. Breach of these conditions can result in termination/cancellation or suspension of your PSN account as per Section 13.
    So remember, when you're online you are in the public domain and you should behave accordingly. Your behaviour reflects on ROOZ and potentially has real consequences beyond the forum.

BUT, we're not trying to be the fun police or clamp down on every last bit of swearing or anything. Just keep it in good taste as you would between mates.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    WOLFYDADDY007 and AJ.Scott like this.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  4. Adronaught

Adronaught Team Driver

PSN ID
    adronaught
    Ah that's a 'roger' on mic technique…makes a lot of sense…it's all fun and games until something someone says is taken out of context, or someones' wife and kids cop a spray inadvertently, just because they're within earshot…a very sensible policy.
  5. agolfer78

agolfer78 Team Driver Gold Member

Im a mic felon.
  6. Blindman

Blindman Team Driver

PSN ID
    BLINDMANRACiNG
    Hi my name is BLINDMANRACING I've been with ROOZ for sometime now and like a golfer I'm a mic felon also . ( this is were you guys say welcome BLINDMANRACING and clap ) I try so hard to be nice on the mic but we do come across some :):):):)ing dumbass :):):):)wits now and then and I just turn into a raging mic felon so with the support of my extended ROOZ family I will need support to help me though the tuff times. we have some :):):):)wits within the league but I will try my hardest to refrain from saying things like :):):):) and :)front;)bum:) out loud . BLINDMANRACING race ya later.:cool:
  7. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    HAHAHA Blindman you never fail for entertainment mate. dont ever change!
    Blindman likes this.
  8. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    You seem awfully happy today with all those smiley faces. What a pleasant chap.
  9. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    and they say that all this filtering doesnt work. lol