IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Use this thread for all your iRacing general talk.
  2. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    So I'm sort of competing in the DUG Sports Car Challenge, and I'm wondering if anyone wants to join me. I could do with a team mate, to help with tuning and race prep, or just to break the boredom of practicing alone.
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey mate. I promised the missus that after Season 4 and the PAGNIAN race was over I'd give regular racing a bit of a break. But give me a week or something and I'll see what I can do... this comp looks pretty fun. Mmmm but weeknights might be a bit of an issue, that's a 6.30pm race start and 5pm practise/quali start for me over here...

Anyway, I'll catcha on TS soon.
  4. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Yeah the schedule looks tight for you WA blokes. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a more suitable series. I'd be keen as curry for a Mazda series.the rookie series tracks are very lame, it'd be good to drive these cars on bigger tracks. But in the meantime, I'll plug away at the sportscar series.
    It would be great to have a few ROOZ representatives driving in the series with me, the more the merrier .

Congrats on the PAGNIAN win again..top job!
  5. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    DUG sportscar challenge is a good series but I can understand that it'd be tough for you in WA to join.

Just have a browse of the AUS/NZ Club forums, there are plenty of series' to race in including "official" series that are sanctioned by iRacing. You don't have to do hosted leagues in other words.
  6. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Too far away to be any good to you, Beau, but I'll be in a Mazda for S1 2012 (this coming S4 I will be in the Falcon). I too am keen - the Skippy visits some great tracks, but I'm really struggling with it, and am Jonesin' for a little downforce :D

@ Dave - Congrats, bro :cool:
  7. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Stone, I was checking the results of one of you skippy races (at lime rock where you came 3rd). Its funny that you spun on lap 20, in my race at the same place I spun on lap 20 as well (last turn), lucky for me the leader also spun but hit the wall so had to pit. So I came through for the win.

I wonder if the tyres hit a wall at lap 20 or its just a coincidence.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Plus one on a Mazda series.

Thanks for the congrats Chris. :D I'm very chuffed. Cheers.
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hehe I did a Legends race last night. Was in the top of two splits and sitting on Pole but still had the #8 in a SoF of about 1500.

Won the race :D against a class A guys with oval iRating >2000 (I'm still ROOKIE HEHE he'll be spewing :D)
    He was pretty close behind me most of the way and had a good go around the outside off the start which was hard to hold him off, but he was hard on his tyres and only stayed close as the race went on when I was playing it cautious around lapped traffic and negotiating the odd crash. He spun on the last lap and finished 4th giving me a 3.7s victory. Pretty good margin on a 16s per lap track.

Anyway I was pretty chuffed with that when I saw his iRating etc and it was a pretty intense race.
    Race Results

Might throw up some screen shots later.
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Koaster you not Whincup or Vettel are you? Having a pretty good year m8, good stuff.
  11. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Lime Rock was a nightmare, full-stop, for me ... I dropped 300 iR & 0.5 SR in 6 races ... and yes, Dustin, I do think it was a tyre problem ... for me at least.

With my ARB @ 8 I was found myself drifting through T1 a lot ... straight enough everywhere else ... just T1 to T2 ... and I didn't see it as an issue. However, I think over time the tyre temps must have crept up (will have to get to grips with how to check telemetry - I'm clueless!), and with LRP being such a short lap too, I don't think the boots were ever recovering ... and eventually, yes, as you say, they "hit a wall" (imo). I was actually struggling from about lap 13 onwards ... by lap 18 all the sweepers were becoming massively treacherous ... eventually my Skip just had no rear grip and I couldn't keep her on the road (I might have managed it if I'd had the ribbon to myself, but lapping slow/broken cars and fending off racers with better grip ... I just couldn't do it :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I didn't work out quite what was happening with my approach to T1 until I'd handed the Skip community a big wad of my iRating ... and now I want it back :p

Congrats for the win, mate :cool:
  12. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Koastr, would love to do a legends race with you. I checked my times my fastest was a little slower, but my average a little faster and that was only good enough for 4th in my split :(

These cars are pretty cool to chuck around.

Hehe Chris, I had a shocker @ lime rock last night. I think all the time I spent playing GT5 last week ruined my ability to drive a skip.
  13. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Outta, yea mate fore sure, let's do it. They're great to chuck around indeed. But very hard to avoid incidents with lap traffic sometimes! That's what really hurt my average times.

I was real stoked with my quali, I was 44th overall and 6th for Aus/NZ in S3B week 2 with a 15.668 on my first and only quali run :D
  14. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    15.6 is an awesome qualy lap Koastr! My PB is a 15.68 or something but I qualed with a 15.70 so that's a great time mate so well done! Sounds like you're on fire at the moment mate!
  15. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I cant really get used to the new tyre model on the skippy myself, its used to be more fun. I just feel really scared to push it cause i always seems to get lazy spins on turn in. But my stats have been tanking for awhile now so thats no excuse :p

I'll have to check my PB for the legends at that track.
  16. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Mmmm ... stats! /homer

;)
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I'm 'kinda scared to push it' in the skippy too, but I kinda like that about it. Winning becomes more about consistency than balls out pace.
  18. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Hmm I checked my time in the legends, can we get some slower guys on please :p Im miles off. Might have to spec ya next time I see ya in them. Gonna do some star mazda this week at Suzuka, there pretty easy to drive....slow. :p
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey fella's this looks cool, McLaren MP4 12C GT3 coming to iRacing in 2012!
    [​IMG]
    http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/iracing-news/iracing-com-to-create-virtual-mclaren-mp4-12c-gt3/
    Maybe our Season 5 practise will give us a leg up for this car?! *sarcasim* :lol:

Plus there's a sweet deal on at the moment that I might take advantage of. A couple more tracks and maybe a car that qualifies for the DUG sports car championship might be the go :D
    Any recommedations Corvette C6.R vs Ford GT vs HDP ARX 01c? Keen on one of the latter two.
  20. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Argggh i just bought 7 pieces on content 2 days ago.