IRACING iRacing General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Sep 11, 2011.

1. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186

Thanks mate. Quick question, how often would you change brake bias or even tc per lap in a race like that?

So I'm able to get back into iRacing lol. Just bought a usb-c to hdmi adapter today. I actually have a 3 month code already and have thought may as well use it now. Have everything and have just installed Bootcamp last night.

I'm currently 2377 irating with is pretty terrible, but at least something to work with. That said I didn't play since mugging around in 2011 not seriously in a G25. In 2016 I flirted with returning to sim racing and in particular iracing which saw me (just checked out of curiosity) improve 490 irating points from Feb 3 - March 6 to where I am now, with results that were pretty strong and consistent.

And that was that the one period in 6 years I guess.

I know it's very easy at that level to improve but it reminded me of the enjoyment of getting both qualifying the race right more and more consistently. Like real life.

On a side note I hope there are more series' without throttle blipping and clutch use because frankly, in 20 years time, that will be forever a thing of the past and just a memory of something for people to enjoy in their borderline historic cars.

I can manage fine, but I just think it's a waste of time and I'd rather improve myself in the areas I'll use on the real road more (well I own a Clio RS 200 manual so I'll use it all the time... but anyway haha) instead of not. That said it does weed out the mugs. ;)
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Brake Bias changes are pretty rare, i'll maybe make 3 adjustments over a 75 minute stint before going back to what i started with once on new tyres. As for TC, you can change it on the fly if you wish, but i tend to know my preferred setting before the race and i'll stick with that from start to finish.
    As for the Throttle Blipping and Clutch use, the game does allow you to run auto-blip and auto-clutch, but the games blipping and clutch systems purposely are far from perfect to encourage you to do it yourself. The Auto-Blip will use quite a high throttle % and will hurt your fuel burn and not allow you to rotate the car quite as nice, whilst Auto-Clutch is a little bit slow to change gears in some cars. :)

I made a typo, shut up :mad: Conical Brake Mod, Load Cell, same :poop: different story
  3. jc1186

jc1186 Rookie

PSN ID
    JC-1186
    Thanks for that mate. As for manual shift and blipping plus double clutching, I'm well versed. Like I said my daily is an RS 200 which keeps my very busy behind the wheel. ;)

Anyway like I said I I just think there's a good chance myself and many people who play iRacing will never drive a manual car with a clutch again. So I would like to see us forget it sooner rather than later and move in the right (future!) direction.

Haha but massively appreciate any help in the future as I'd love to understand what are the many obvious things these elite guys are doing better. It boggles the mind some times, but anyway keen to get into it and just work on race craft for a while.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  4. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    ALL STAR SHOOTOUT TIME!!!

Many of the sites drivers will be represented in tonight's race, however it's no surprise that the RACEONOZ team itself will be the outright favourite here! 10 Teams from Australia have been chosen to compete in a Knock-Out style tournament in a car and track combination designed to minimise any drivers Experience factor. The Ford Mustang FR500S will be a tough one to learn and will certainly favour some drivers over the other, but with a Joker Lap, pace doesn't mean everything!!
    *Quick Note, i did not make these driver ratings, there are quite a few in there i disagree with :) *

Team RACEONOZ
    @Benjamin J Smith @Giant slayer
    [​IMG]

Trans Tasman Racing
    @Sam D Blacklock
    [​IMG]

Evolution Racing Team
    ME @R0T0R-AU86
    [​IMG]

Progression Racing Australia
    @Konnor McCluskey
    [​IMG]
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  5. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Did you do the car photo's Beau?
  6. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    None of that was me, all Jay and Rhy's work. And i can prove this as that ain't my helmet :p
    Why's that?
  7. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    FOV Way to high, cars look more bent than @RHINO11 !
  8. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Haha, nah i think it's okay, just the cars aren't perfectly side on. Looks like the camera is tilted slightly toward the front of the car.
  9. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Nah defs FOV, although yes, slightly to the front too.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  10. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

lol giant predicted finish 20th
  11. Giant slayer

Giant slayer Professional

PSN ID
    GiantSlayer_48
    Yeah it's good to see they can't predict sh!t as i finish in front of the guys predicted to come 19th 7th and 4th
    Benjamin J Smith likes this.
  12. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Can anyone tell i hate mustangs?
    @Beau_Albert you saw it first hand, i though Shaun's mustang was a person! XD
  13. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

meh #shaunsfault
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    You pinballed Shaun into me and Killed my engine :'( Sahh ruuuude
  15. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
  16. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    I like your FOV. I don't understand people that have their screen a meter away then have it showing the whole wheel and half of the cabin around them like they are sitting in the back seat.
    Sam D Blacklock and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Yep, gotta keep it real haha! :inlove:
  18. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    After a gridding error from my Pole-Sitting Teammate, i was left to lead 59 of the best Nordschleife Sim-Racers in the world into Turn 1 at the VLN 7 race... honestly never been so excited as i was to get that green flag to get the 20 GT3's underway... not to mention stealing a shock 2nd Place and Podium on debut in class; i am so pumped!! Just one of those races where you felt like you maximised every opportunity. So hyped! YEE HAWWW!
    [​IMG]
  19. Sam D Blacklock

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Good :):):):) mate! Maybe i need to get out of the V8 and jump into the GT cars a bit more. but ABS tho :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  20. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98