IRACING Iracing HD LIve V8 supercars Monday nights

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Bonus 888, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

2. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    This is my first encounter with iracing. I recognized some of the names, is that because the racer copied the name or is it that person? Also I cant believe they are commentating a computer game!?! This must be top level stuff but still I am gobsmacked at the level of realism (sponsers commentary etc) Must be running some pretty souped up pc's
  3. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    my missus' uncle runs in and commentates in the CESCS (Continental Endurance Sports Car Series)

he hosts with an american to call some of the races - quite cool stuff actually :)
  4. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Is that Leigh Diffey? (I didn't think he drove race cars though, so i'm probably wrong).
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Iracing uses people's real names from their credit cards ( you get the odd fake name but most are real). Yes some of the real life drivers are on Iracing, not all of them do the races a lot just do the hosted sesions, Shane Vangisbergan and Scott McLaughlin are a few regular Monday night Iracers when they not @ a V8 supercar race week end. The Monday night V8 supercars is sanctiond by V8 supercar and has it own section on the V8 supercar web site, some of the drivers have sponsorship deals too. The commentary team just got a new sponsor that pays for the new HD live streaming and one of the guys has a super dooper Net connection with an upload speed that dwarfs our best download speeds. That was the first test run of the new HD streaming and they had some minor glitches but should only get better and the youtube replay should be fine to watch on ya TV if you got Net connection for it.

Worth taking a look at the replay if any of you missed the live race, congrats Mad for the win you had some pressure at the end there.
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

The replay of Round 4 Monday night race

[video].youtube.com/watch?v=IKOetP0Ny-k[/video]

[video].youtube.com/watch?v=9ZH6Hf8PXfg[/video]
  7. JamieFookes88

JamieFookes88 Jamie Fookes

PSN ID
    JLF131188 J. Fookes (GT6)
    Good thing Tim "not my" Faltusz doesn't race in the top split. They would have him gone after the first race.
  8. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Thanks mate. Vail was so fast all race, definitely had a lot more pace at the end of both the stints than me. Over the moon with that though, it's great finishing a race knowing you couldn't have driven any better and that's how I felt after that one. I feel bad robbing Vail of his first win, but stoked to win myself.
  9. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer you could see he wanted that first win bad and wasn't making any mistakes. All in all the entire race throughout the field was great to watch. welldone a gain a few good wins this season and bring on Spa, did a test run last night and feel the track seem so much faster and grippy this build, you getting that?
  10. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    no, it's Richard Losper...
    i only realised he plays iracing the other week and even then, he's fairly heavily involved with leagues and hosting....
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Last race of the season tonight worth tuning in @ 7:30 guys, look back at the season passed and then the big race that is surly to have some excitement packed action in the fight for the title, good luck Mads watch that fuel gauge and leave no gaps.

12. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I might try and catch some of this, thanks Bones.
  13. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Wow amazing race. The first one of these I have watched. Pretty great race to start with.
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

15. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    +1. Congrats on you're 6th championship title Sebas.... err I mean Madison! Well deserved. :cool:
  16. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Thanks guys. Ecstatic to grab another championship, everyone is just as sweet! Certainly was a thrilling season and an amazing race last night too!
  17. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    top job madison!! one day, when i grow up, i wanna be as fast as you :)
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

New look overlays with way more info, just when you thought it cant get any better than this, the broadcast just got better

PIc to come

Tune in tomorrow 27th may 2013 7:30ish
  19. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

After watching the Grand Am with the new overlays it is sure to be a hit. Our Nathan was in the Maclaren and was doing ok until a spot of bad luck.
    Speaking of bad luck, i'm hoping for a good result tomorrow after tonights race. (Spun the tyres over the crest and crashed whilst in second place a second off the leader).
  20. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

They sure do look good, was talking to Jay last night and they will be announcing the new look and tech stuff tonight over Qual (7:45). keep an eye out for our guys in Qual, and look for team names in overlay.
    Bad luck in that spin Miki, you will do better tonight.