IRACING iRacing Pictures & Skins

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KoAStR, Aug 25, 2011.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [h]Share your screenshots from iRacing or custom skin work here![/h]

[h]FIND ROOZ CUSTOM SKINS ON TRADING PAINTS [/h]
    List still active, but not required or editable with new version of TP. Lists soon to be phased out.
    http://www.tradingpaints.com/view/list/5320 - inlcudes skins for/by:

To subscribe to the list:
    Load Trading Paints desktop > Lists > search "RaceOnOz.com" > Select the list from the search result and Press "subscribe".
    Then each time you load trading paints desktop, new or updated skins will automatically be downloaded.

To add a skin to the list:
    Download a template and create a skin using photo editing software (Adobe Photoshop, GIMP etc.)
    Upload your skin to trading paints. Then contact one of the guys below to add it to the RaceOnOz.com list.
    Dave (KoAStR), Dusty (Outta), Beau, Bonus, Nieshy, or Chris (Stonemonkey)

As stated on tradingpaints.com - "By Upload[ing to trading paints], you agree that you created the paint scheme you are uploading, or have permission from its original creator"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE IMAGES AND SKINS SHARED HERE ARE THE EXCLUSIVE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PAINTERS, the links are provided for you to download the skins for viewing within the iRacing simulation ONLY. They are NOT SHARED FOR YOU TO REPRODUCE (ENTIRELY OR ELEMENTS IN PART) FOR USE AS YOUR OWN SKIN without the express permission of the original painter.
    If you are granted permission for a skin, be sure to enter the painters name in the "painted by" field when uploading to trading paints. :cool:
  2. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Here's some shots of a pretty intense Legends race at Lanier yesterday.

Qualifying on Pole I'm the #8 car. The #1 car tries hard for the first few laps to get around the outside.
    [​IMG]

Into lap 30 something of 40, here's trouble! This incident among cars a lap down is hard to negotiate...
    [​IMG]

Whew I just made it through with a drift!
    [​IMG]

Final lap, the #1 car in position 2 spins as we pass lap traffic. 3rd and 4th position are not in the shot but will pass #1 car before he recovers, giving me a 3.7s win margin.
    [​IMG]

Race Results
  3. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Ahh that looks sweet man, is this the new build I heard about? The visuals look better than I recall seeing in the past, maybe I'm just trippin, I've looked into I-Racing before but I was sort of put off by the dated looking visuals but this looks good enough to entice me once again, if the racing is as good as everyone says, hmmm, just not a fan of the whole subscription thing.
  4. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yea I haven't played before iRacing 2.0 so this is what I'm used to, and yea I think the graphics are sweet.
    The subscription put me off at first, but once you get in it it's totally worth it. You're paying for so much more than just the simulator. All your official races/stats are organised/recorded and managed for you. It's a very streamlined service.
  5. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Wait until the stats go offline during service maintenance, and you'll realise just how much stat surfing you do ;)
  6. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    A few screenshots from last night's V8 Supercars Online Series courtesy of Bigpond Sport.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Good to see you back up the front mad. Good news i just ordered me new gaming machine.. A mate getting it through his business and it is an i7 with the lot, super quick should be slick lol. Be on soon for sure this time.
  8. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Well done Madison, looks like it was 1st, 2nd and then no one!

Stonemonkey, I reckon I spend as much time stat surfing as I do racing :D
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hehe yea it's nice to be able to quickly compare stats with your mates and world records without having to ask any questions.

Nice work Mad.

Good news Bonus. See you on the iRace tarmac soon!

I'm getting the hang of camera editing in iRacing to get good angles and depth of fields. Shame you don't have a virtual shutter speed to get some sense of speed into the shots. I guess there's always post effects for that, I did some basic post editing on the Legends shots (partial colour etc) using the photobucket editing tools.
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hopefully next week sometime, look forward to the new learning curve, got a couple of US mates into it now too.

The shots look great. Looks like you can get the blur of the spinning wheels just can't get the pan shots with the blurred background like you can in GT5.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Here's my Street Stock lookin' bad ass :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Here's my current Skip Barber paint scheme. Its a little plain and boring, but that's about all I'm capable of at this stage. I'm new to this "custom skins" business!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  13. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Beau, is the skin on Trading Paints ? If it is, I'll download it :cool:
  14. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    it sure is mate, racing tonight?
  15. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
  16. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

My skin
    [img=Skip Skin]http://members.iinet.net.au/~dbartlet/skipPic.jpg[/img]

Inspired by

[​IMG]
  17. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Great work, Beau & Dustin :cool:

Particularly impressed with how you've lined up your lines, Dustin ... from the top of the engine and down over the side-pods ... I really found it difficult, or should I say 'time-consuming' - tips?
  18. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I still need to do some alignment. It took longer than it should have as it's my first skin, probably spent 5-6 hours on it :/. But I found that using trial and error combined with the wire frame overlay is the best way to align the lines. Once you can visualise the parts joining along the wireframe lines, its a bit easier to do.

I used the free gimp software btw.
  19. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

I used GIMP too for mine, and employed the same basic technique for aligning. Perhaps straight lines are marginally easier than curves and graphics ... perhaps ... I took CONSIDERABLY longer than 6 hours, amigo :lol:

Again ... nice work :D
  20. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Do you have a pic of your skin Chris? I only recently installed trading paints, so haven't seen your skin on track.