Network Lag Network Issue Help/Solutions

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by KoAStR, May 31, 2012.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    What is this, Tribal Council?
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  2. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Just wanted to share what solved my DSC issues. I changed all the line filters in the house and as yet have not had a single DSC in over 2 weeks ant any time.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  3. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    You need to turn off the Media Server Connection on your ps3 as it causes lag. Google it and you'll see. It's an unnecessary drain on the ps3 computing power!;););)
  4. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    You'd also be surprised how quickly the standard leads for the phone plug to modem can wear out,& they have extremely variable quality.When the plastic sheath starts to discolor,they are well & truly stuffed.They'll still work,but you lose a ridiculous amount of speed. Changing mine made a 3500Kbps difference on download!!!!:);):p
  5. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    You forgot Turbo,lol
  6. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    True, I think he's now connecting straight into the modem? Anyways, seems he's also doing fine with his connection.
  7. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Yep, your right, I also replaced several leads as the copper contacts in the plug had discoloured and tarnished. Don't know if it is a problem just up here in the tropics or not but I seem to have a fair bit of noise on the line during the wet season.
    DekGT5mad likes this.
  8. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    The easiest way to tell if you have interference on your line is to unplug your modem,then plug in a phone and lift the handset. If your line is good you will hear NOTHING.If you have interference,you'll hear static,clicking,humming & scratching sounds and sounds like when a CB radio mic clicks off,that sscctttch sound. If you have this then get onto your provider,if not,look at your leads,etc. If possible try to run Naked ADSL2+ & you won't get the phone line interference,& you can drop the filters alltogether. When replacing leads & filters,remember you get what you pay for. Cheaper leads will have poor quality copper,crap plastic shielding & terminals that tarnish,causing speed loss & instability. If you're using the supplied lead for the phone plug to the modem,i'd replace it,just like Failstra's modems they're crap and probably only last a couple of months if you get a well made one,a fortnight if it's a dodgy one
  9. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Got my new router yesterday, and without any port forwarding or static ip there were no cries of dismay in a room of 9-10 fellow league-ers. Un-officially sorted. Sunday will be the true test.
    DoogleDave, Stumbles and S_CLOSE like this.
  11. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yep, on sundays i disconnect from the router all together and just plug the PS3 straight into the modem. It has definately worked the last 2 weeks, I have been able to see everybody in room and I don't lag (i don't think i did before anyways).

I will probably still eventually upgrade my router and/or modem at some stage, but at least for now I'm good.
  12. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Going to get a new modem tomorrow, I actually wamt to enjoy the close racing this season and not punt people off. Going to browse the local Dick Smith or JB Hi-Fi, and look for the one Gary got.
    garyw61 likes this.
  14. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    it does work i just did it with the help of dek
  15. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    So I picked up a Netgear N300, because I'm not spending $260 on the next one up. Everything is all connected,wireless is working fine, but the bastard wont pick up the internet!
    I have to go to work now, and I'm sure I'll find a solution when I get home, can't wait to race tonight.
  17. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    Jono,
    I'm assuming you have entered the username and password correctly for your ISP into your router settings?
    No doubt there will be numerous people online tonight who will be able to help you get it going.... ;)
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I don't think I did any of that, last time with the Techni:):):):) one it worked straight away... I'll have a look when I get home from work.
  19. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    If Telstra sent the last one to you then it worked because they generally set it up for the user before sending it out....but obviously when you buy one from a shop it doesnt have your info on it so the user needs to login to the router and do it themselves.

To get into the router settings connect a PC or laptop to the router via an ethernet cable (and plug the cable into any of the LAN ports on the back of the router).

Open a web browser on the Computer and in the address bar type the following:
    http://www.routerlogin.net/

It should prompt you for a username and password, the default ones should be:
    Username: admin
    Password: password

Once logged in you can probably try using the smart wizard, where you should need to type in the username (or email address) and password for your internet account and hopefully the rest it will find when it tries to connect.

Let us know how you go.....
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    I haven't destroyed my Tecnicolour with a golf club yet, so when it asked me if Failstea gave me a static IP address, I wasn't sure so I hit don't know. It asked me for the previous MAC Address, which I found on the back. After about 5 mins, it brought me back to the same screen asking about the I address. I guess I have to find the static IP address telstra gave me... I guess it'll be like a really dull treasure hunt! image.jpg