PCARS Mid week FUN night - Short races - Who's interested??

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Spidey_11, Dec 16, 2015.

?

Interested?

Poll closed Jan 16, 2016.
  1. Yeaaaaahh buddy!

80.0%
  2. Get out of here, I'm tired and not doing it!

20.0%
  1. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Hi Everyone, seeing if there is interest for the below setup before I start putting too much effort into it.
    Playstation 4
    Mid week (yet to be decided) short race series entirely focused on fun, overtaking and getting any new/established racers in here more comfortable in racing in a large pack with different skill levels.

Start date not confirmed yet - will be in the new year.
    Length of series will be 5 races.

The car:
    A one make series - something slow enough to create close and fun racing. Let me know what you love AND hate so that the best choice can be made.

Race distance:
    All tracks will be based on short versions. 1st race will be 8 laps with normal qualifying of 10 mins. 2nd and final race will be 5 laps with 5 mins qualifying, with the top half of the field restricted to NO qualifying. If you're in the back that can't qualify then your starting position is up to chance. This allows others who would not normally be up the front to experience this.
    Obviously this will promote overtaking and hopefully the more you do something, the better you get :)
    Example - 16 racers in 1st race, the top 8 cannot set a qualifying lap for the 2nd race.

I came across to ROOZ for a competitive and fun experience therefore a points system will still exist. Only a standard format of 1st gets 25 points and so on down the filed.

Divisions:
    There will be no real divisions as I hope the qualifying restriction to the second race will mix the points up to allow everyone the chance to score enough points to keep things fairly level and interesting. If we get 16 people interested than it's one room of 16. Bigger numbers and you get the idea of a second room.

Tuning:
    Tune and practice as much as you want. If the right (slowish) car is picked, not much will come from tuning. Saying that, a lot of people here share tunes anyway so if you ask, someone will provide. I'll always put up my tune for anyone that wants it. Main thing would be getting your tyre temps in.

This series won't take up much of your time. Small tracks will be selected and with only 8 laps for the first race, then 5 for the second race, including qualifying you're looking at 30 minutes for this fun little series.

Have I got you interested? Any questions?
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    beakeroo likes this.
  2. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Sure, sounds like fun :thumbsup:
    Car suggestions from me would go to either the Formula Gulf ( Great fun around Watkins Glen short ) or the Clio Cup which is great pretty much anywhere!
    Sam D Blacklock and Spidey_11 like this.
  3. Flukyluke99

Flukyluke99 Rookie

PSN ID
    Flukyluke99
    I'm in... probs wed night is the only one no good for me!

any car any where... lol
  4. autech91

autech91 Professional

In. We should make it compulsory to share tunes. Like in low budget car racing if someone wants to buy your car you HAVE to sell it to them. Will make it fun.
  5. emuegg11

emuegg11 Team Driver

Sounds great spidey count me in.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Let me win and I'm in.
    Spidey_11 and emuegg11 like this.
  7. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    *Edit*
    The car has been chosen as the Scion FR-S as it handles very well compared to the others. The AMG and Focus RS were terrible! Lol

More to come. Thanks boys :)
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  8. Flukyluke99

Flukyluke99 Rookie

PSN ID
    Flukyluke99
    Just pick one and tell people.."this is the car guys".. easy?
    autech91 likes this.
  9. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    Love the idea Spidey just need confirmation and dates, day of the week, time?
  10. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I'm defintely putting effort into this for the new year and would love it to have at least one season just to see if it's as fun as I think it would be. As it would only take around 30 mins, it could be scheduled for later at night to accomodate people who can't make the early time due to daylight savings.
    Origionally I was thinking Thursday nights - room opens 8:30pm and qualifying kicks off at 9:00pm. Short qualy and short races mean you'll be off to nap time by around 9:30-9:40pm.

I don't want to overload peoples weeks and if there is already something planned I'm happy to keep this on the back burner till there is a suitable spot :)
  11. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    Perhaps cars like Clio cups or Ginetta jnr around short circuits like hockenheim short, silverstone national etc.
  12. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Yeah I wanted to use a slowish car, I'm going with the Scion FR-S at the smaller circuits. Quick tight racing :)
    Flukyluke99 likes this.
  13. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    A car that you can drive at the edge at no matter what speed. Good choice!