Display Monitors

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Beau_Albert, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'm looking to get rid of the old 42" Plasma Screen TV and upgrade to some new Monitors. Looking to go to Triple Screens before my Birthday this year and would love to hear any recommendations or suggestions or even advice you guys might have on what to look out for.
    I won't be going any smaller than 3x 27", and the Monitor Stand i'm heavily looking at only supports up to 30". Not really looking to spend beyond 1200 for the Monitors all up. Vesa 100x100 and both HDMI and Display Ports are necessary.
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  3. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
  5. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Possibly, not sure on what the go would be with HDMI > DP though. to be fair, i use HDMI and when i shake the wheel left and right i get no weird delay like i used to on my old monitor. Don't think its much of a factor man, plus most if not all monitors with Display Ports are all the ones above 1080p and you don't want to go any higher than that especially with a 1070 with 3 screens.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  6. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    There's lots of options out there Beau - Do you want:

- TN or IPS panel?

- 1080p or 4k?

- refresh rate - 60Hz, 120Hz, 144Hz or adaptive (e.g. g-sync)?

- response time - 'Gaming' monitors are 1ms gtg (grey to grey) and a normal monitor about 5ms gtg

Also with triples you need to consider the width of the bezels (thick bezels will create a blind spot, a bit like a having a thick A-pillar in your car)

Also HDMI will generally only support up to 60Hz, if you want to go higher you need DP or DVI-D
    Beau_Albert and Sam D Blacklock like this.