Logitech Old Logitech wheels now usable on PS4

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by beakeroo, Oct 18, 2015.

1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Old Logitech wheels now usable on PS4!

Developers of open source program GIMX [Game Input MultipleXer] have managed to find a way to interpolate singals sent by old Logitech wheels and send them to PS4 where those wheels are recognized as G29. Full force feedback is present but some older Logi wheels have only vibration support.

So procedure is – plug wheel into PC [linux or windows], app spoofs the signal, and then "G29 signal" is sent to PS4 via USB or Bluetooth.

DFGT –
    G27-

http://blog.gimx.fr/

Supported wheels are:
    • G27
    • Driving Force GT
    • G25
    • Momo Racing Force Feedback
    • Momo Force
    • Driving Force Pro
    • Logitech Speed Force Wireless
    • Formula Force GP (vibration only)

It's a bit involved to get it set up. You need a separate micro board such as an Arduino or Teensy.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1125782

(Copy pasta from Whirlpool)
    Clevohead and KoAStR like this.
  2. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    what files do you need to put on your usb
    not sure how it works and have you got it working on ps4
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    looks like it still requires some physical tinkering with devices...I couldn't do it as yet.
    Would probably need to wait until someone starts selling the device you would require.
  4. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    @colin-50_ you need an Andrino type micro pC to make it work with special coding on it for it to emulate the G29.
    beakeroo likes this.
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I haven't looked at it yet guys (its just a copy paste from WP) but I can take a look later, I'm usually pretty good at this kinda thing though I don't need it tbh as I have a G29.
  6. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    what is the g29 like as compaired to the g27
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Considerably better..... ffb alot stronger and pedal feel alot greater. Very happy with my upgrade :thumbsup:
    beakeroo likes this.
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I only had the DFGT so I can't compare to the G27. I will say that I have no problem recommending the G29 to others here as it's a great wheel and feels like it is a quality build, it is not just a recased G27 as some would imply as it has hall sensors now, a new quieter and stronger gearing and a better tensioned brake and clutch pedal. I advise you to not listen to those that grumble about Logitech and tell you to buy a T300, yes they got burned by logitech in some cases but life goes on. If you have the chance try both. Also note that the G29 can be picked up for around $400 most weeks and as low as $325 with the shifter in certain cases recently. The T300 will cost you $500+ and you'll want better pedals. Keep an eye on OzBargain.
  9. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks guys