PCARS Pop up Race: Sunday 3 July 2016

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Spidey_11, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Hey boys,

If anyone's keen for some racing tonight I'm going to chuck up a room with the below settings just to try something different. The track will be a mystery and only selected 5 minutes prior to qualifying.

Room opens 7pm. Qualifying starts 7:15pm. Race starts 7:30pm.
    Race length 12 laps. If enough interest there will be a second race.
    Car type: Open GT3 class, tuning allowed.
    Full damage on. Mechanical damage on. Tyres and fuel normal. Usual ABS and traction control on if you use it.
    No points. This is just a fun race with no points at the end.

The early 7:15pm start time is for anybody who can't stay up too late or wishing to watch the F1.
    TheJuzzy and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    might be there. send an invite anyway.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  3. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Why not? I'll be there
    Spidey_11 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  4. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Yeah I'm up for a race tonight Spidey
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  5. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Sorry @Spidey_11 i have some Apple Ciders that need drinking. Maybe another time.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  6. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    So that worked out pretty well from my point of view. Thanks for everyone who turned up and raced. Hope you had fun :)
  7. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Thanks for kicking me you BASTARD!! :mad:
    Sam D Blacklock and Spidey_11 like this.
  8. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I'm sure it did work out pretty well from your point of view when i went 360ing out on just the second lap :laugh:
    Cheers for the fun night Spides! Enjoyed it thoroughly even if Road America isn't my cup of tea :thumbsup:
  9. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I thought that was what you were asking for after you lined me up for a shunt :inlove: haha
  10. autech91

autech91 Professional

Haha, yeah I saw that coming, I was thinking @Beau_Albert is pushing rather hard there, nek minnet EXIT STAGE LEFT!
    Don't stress though, @Spidey_11 kept me honest for the rest of the race, top mind f@#k battle with us swapping lap times, I'd up the pace, he'd up the pace, I'd up the pace n make a mistake, he'd do the same. Finally managed to force a big enough error to give me a few seconds on him, was good running.

2nd race Spidey dominated in true fashion, I held him off as long as possible but I knew the driver, car and track combination was gunna be hard. Once he got in front of me he checked out and headed off into the distance. Prick!
    Beau_Albert and Spidey_11 like this.
  11. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Thanks for hooking that up Spidey, I had a shocker last night. It's been ages since I've driven a GT3 car and the default tyre pressures had my tyres fried after just 2 laps of Road America in the McLaren.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  12. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I loved that start I got at Road America :). Also loved the thought that you chose the Caddy Beau and we're giving us a chance haha. You're still bloody quick in that thing but. I tried hard to get that Aston Aut's but just couldn't get there. And pressuring you doesn't seem to work all that well haha.

Dubai I think suited the M3 and I did enjoy that track. Good to get one up on you guys and I fought off a Spidey spin :)
    Sam D Blacklock and Beau_Albert like this.
  13. autech91

autech91 Professional

Don't under estimate the caddy Spidey, it handles really well and it looked to be about as fast as your M3 on the straight, that is, while I utilised the double tow and massive grunt of the Aston to blow past both of you :).

With the way I have that Aston set up I just get it squared off in the corner and hit the hyper drive (sideways) pedal , makes it hard to get past when there is a guy driving like a track day hero keeping ya behind :geek:
    Spidey_11 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  14. Beau_Albert

PSN ID

With a setup its great, sadly in 15mins i couldn't get it perfectly stable into corners, but other than its awful initial acceleration waiting for its turbos to come in, its probably a Top 5 GT3 car, just not quite on Macca/SLS/Bentley level.
    Was gonna choose the vette till i saw Road America, had to rep a US car before the 4th of July tho!!! :p