PAGNIAN PRIZE COMP 1: FINAL RACE LIVE RESULTS | CHAMPION KoAStR !

Discussion in 'Sponsors' started by Juzzo, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juzzo

Juzzo Administrator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    Well I'm speechless, if ever there was a race I really enjoyed watching, this definetely take the cake...

His driving was flawless and this wasnt without an easy ask with a field of great drivers dominating the grid. After 38 laps, KoAStR was crowned champion and I'm sure this is an excellent Saturday night for him. I dont want to down play any other because the rest of the drivers are talented in there own right.

The beginning of the race saw many exchanges between Small_Fryz and KoAStR. They switched position between 1st and 2nd multiple times. Alot of factors made this race such a huge spectacle, not only would drivers need to test there might on the track but alot of preparation was needed, including tuning of the Ferrari 458's modifications. This needed to suit the Tokyo R246 Track with its tricky corners.

A week out from the race, practice was going to give drivers the edge. The answer was, the best driving line, pit strategy and fuel levels which was unfortunate for Jezza who proved that he is a driver to be reckoned with. With 10 laps to go Jezza was clawing his way back and at one stage I though a final lap face off was inevitable. Its unfortunate Jezza ran out of fuel in his pursuit of catching our winner.

Pagnian have graced us with there support and have gauranteed me that they will continually support ROOZ. This is not the last competition where a prize of this gratitude will be donated to us. I would like to thank everyone for competing at the highest level. We are harvesting the best drivers from Australia because at this stage there has been no support in form of an academy provided to us. I know AUS/NZ have the talent to produce someone to compete at the level GT Academy in the US/EUR has produced.

Lets hope in the future, PD/SONY deem Australia a place where we can show case our best. I am absolutely sure it will be someone from GTLOZ/ROOZ.

ROOZ/GTLOZ is growing and in the future, this place will become bigger and better...

Competition Final Standings

[h]
    Champion: KoAStR
    [/h]

[h]2nd: Pagone41
    3rd: SnakISM
    4th: Small_Fryz
    5th: OuttaAngst
    6th: Ansquad
    7th: Jezza (bad luck son)
    8th: Bonus 888
    9th: Stumbles
    10th: Blueyonder
    [/h]

Thanks to Pagnian Imports, Hess and his team for putting this competition together :D

[​IMG]

Your friendly Admin,

Justin :D
  2. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

No probs Castro, stumbles will look after us. Good bunch of quick drivers here so not expecting any deliberate bumping. Just a note from earlier race situation practice we did earlier, the breaking efficiency under draft when either in front or behind is reduced significantly. Make sure you do some practice with a friend or join our practice room to learn the markers for draft situations. The last thing you want after so much time and practice is your race to be over because of it. Also if you do find you have missed the marker under draft in the race, you are expected to avoid contact with the car in front at all cost, take yourself out not the person who didn't make the mistake.
    The first corner on the first lap, there will be a bottle neck here and you won't be able to take it as you would in a hot lap. If you coming through on the inside you must stay on the inside and not run wide coming out of it pushing anyone wide in the process. The fast kink on the main straight is imposable to take if coming up to it side by side, the car in front has right away and has the rite to position them selves to take the kink flat out, if you are making a passing move here you must be clearly in front so your opponent can see you and has time to yield and tuck in behind you. This worked well in our McLaren race and you do have time to repass at the end of the straight. Any mistakes that ruin some one elses race can cost you yours, if anybody got any concerns or need clarity on rule put it up here so we are all clear before the race. This is the biggest GT5 race ever ran in Aus/NZ with a lot at stake, but keep it in mind you have to race with utmost respect for your fellow driver at all times. The top drivers are so close in speed and ability and it should be a race the rest of Australia will be talking about for a long time to come. Congratulation to the top 10 for making it and for tonight, simply enjoy your race of a lifetime.

If there are any reported incidents the race result will be made official after it has been reviewed by our stewards, and their decision is final, if you want to report an incident PSN PM them to room host immediately after race, not expecting any but just in case.
    I'll have a room open shortly if you want to do some practice
  3. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    KoastR fastest so far in qualifying followed by Small_Fryz and Jezza1

Best Lap 1:36:322 :)
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well done Koaster.

Koaster
    Pagone
    Snakism
    Frys
    Outta
    Ansquad
    Jezza (bad luck son)
    Bonus
    Stumbles
    Blueyonder
  5. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Well done Koastr. Flawless drive. Great battle with Jezza.
    Jezza.. Unlucky man. You had the pace. From what i saw it looked like Koastr was going to fake and you just couldnt get back across in time.
    Great drive from everyone else. Awesome effort just to be in that race with so many top drivers.
  6. Blue Yonder

Blue Yonder New Recruit

Thanks guys for a good night's racing ....great forum and racing league... be back for sure ....

Thanks
    Blueyonder
  7. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Great job Koastr. That "Playseat" centre post, need no longer be an issue for your left foot braking ;)
  8. SEIDO463

SEIDO463 Liam

PSN ID
    SEIDO463
    Well done koastr.
    I missed the live stream, bummer.
    Congrats to the 10 that made it into the race, great effort.

Well organized by those involved.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks guys. Wow that was an intense race.
    Coming into my first practise I was intimidated by Fryz reported pace, and really uncomfortable on the track.
    I didn't think I'd be competing for the win but was looking forward to some good battles.

Then coming into practise yesterday and today it just really clicked and I started feeling confident. I nailed a 1:36.345 earlier today I was hoping to repeat it in qualifying (I think I ended up with a PB of ~1.36.29?)

Full credit to everyone racing. It was intense, very clean, and nerve wracking at times but thoroughly enjoyable.
    Special thanks to Anon, Bonus, KidCastro and Hess at PAGNIAN for putting this alll together.
    Special mention to fryz and jezz who I battled closely with, very good racing!

I've never won much before, and certainly nothing this big. When the race finished I jumped around the room!

Stumbles asked me to post up my race setup. Here we go. Thanks alot for hosting mate, was a nice smooth connection.

AERO: 10/40 (full, front fixed)

TRANS: Top speed 360 | final gear 5.143 (default) | 1st 2.959 | 2nd 2.051 | 3rd 1.558 | 4th 1.241 | 5th 1.016 | 6th 0.857 | 7th 0.784 | Actual max speed 353km/hr

LSD: intial torque 7 | Accel 32 | Braking 5

SUSPENSION:
    | Ride 28mm/-17mm | Springs 12.2kgf/mm/9.5kgf/mm
    | Damp E 8 / 4 | Damp C | 7 / 5 | ARB 4 / 3
    | Camber 1.9/1.7 | Toe -0.05/0.13

Brakes: 5 | 3 (ABS = 1)
  10. Juzzo

PSN ID
    Juzzotec
    First post updated :D

If anyone has the final race replay, please send it to me ASAP... justinamalek@gmail.com

Awesome night, thank you!
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Well what a race, and what a drive koasta, you got quicker and quicker as the day went on, bit like a rotary engine. I knew you could do it well done son. Well done to all the racers, was fast and clean, a great spectacle that showcases Australia's best. Thanks Anon for the stream and for the video edit got a lot to work with and it will be good to use it to promote the site,
  12. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Well I tried your setup koastr, for some reason it wouldn't let me set 7th gear like you had it, but It didn't make any difference as I wasn't maxing out 7th. Did a few laps and my potential best was still only in the mid 37s so I think it's just a matter of hitting my talent wall. I have watched a few of your 36 laps on the replay and my lines are similar, I'd love to see a telemetry overlay.

Anyway top job!!
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Great race last night fellas, got me hangin for the next Sunday season, well done Koastr, much deserved mate, after practicing with you I knew you'd be there or thereabouts, I must admit, going into qualy sitting on a pb of 1:36.9 I thought I'd be sitting 4th on the grid, my first flyer of the session was a 36.6 followed by a 36.5 later on, must've been so close to grabbing 2nd, I threw away a lap which was .1 quicker on the last corner late in the session, unfortunate. During practice I just couldn't seem to get my starts sorted, sure enough, off the line I lost 2 or 3 spots, got squeezed into the wall braking into turn 1, emerged 7th, caught back up to Outta and Ansquad battling each other, I knew I had more pace but I had to wait for the right moment to make a clean pass as they were taking up a fair bit of the track, lost quite a bit of time to the leaders behind those guys as they fought for position (was entertaining to watch thats for sure!), not to mention the first few laps I kept turning into the last corner too early and hitting the inside barrier, was cursing myself for that.

Anyway, after I'd cleared Ansquad and Outta I settled into a bit of a rhythm, second stint was much better than the first, third stint was better again, was gaining on Fryz the whole time, lost a couple of seconds to him during my second stop, put more fuel in than needed, after a few laps though, his tyres were pretty well done, we had a great battle for the next few laps, changing position several times before I finally managed to hold him off and maintain, certainly my favourite part of the race, having said that though, the whole thing was one of the most enjoyable races I've driven in any game, and I look forward to both season 5 and the next prize race, thanks so much to Hess at Pagnian and everyone else involved in making this event a reality, truly appreciated! I'm ready to go again!!
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    My race strategy was to go fast early on and try and break the slip stream barrier. And I was pleased to pull this off in the first stint, getting a few seconds lead and 1:36.6xx lap which would remain my fastest for the remainder of the race.

At the end of lap 12 I had planned to pit. But there was a group of 3 or 4 not far behind, and not wanting to loose time getting caught up in a group pit, I delayed my first pit stop by one lap which I almost regretted. It seemed this extra lap out on old tyres allowed Jezza to get hard on my tail in the second stint. Jezza let the tap wide open and put heaps of pressure on, really made me work hard for it. I was nervous. This pace was taking a toll on my tyres. I would try and pull a gap through the 2nd sector and he would just eat it all up under slip stream on the straight. I thought, keep pushing, at least the small gap keeps him from getting a pass in on the straight. Full credit to you Jezza, great clean racing, awesome job maintaining that pace and close proximity without any incidents. And a couple of nice attempts to pass.

Diving into pit lane for stop number 2 jezza was still only a fraction of a second behind. I dived in hoping to catch jezza unawares making him stay out for another lap. Also, I opted to split my fuel input across both stops 13litres at each, and it wasn't really increasing my pit stop time. After coming out of the pits with a 5.5 odd second gap to jezza I figured he had just put in more fuel, I didn't see what really happened until watching the replay.... bad luck mate. Could have been a different second stint if not for that.

Into the third stint I wanted to push hard and keep the gap from reaching slip stream range again. I was managing to maintain, with about 8 laps to go the gap was 6 - 6.5s. I was happy to loose a few tenths here and there in order to keep on top of my tyre management, as long as the gap remained larger than the slip stream barrier, which was working out pretty well. Then Jezza dropped off the map... I didn't know what happened until after the race. But honestly I was pleased to finish out the final laps of such a high pressure race with a bit more of a relaxed pace, to just make sure I drove it home safely.

Stepping out of my 458 I gave her a pat on the back, she'd done me proud. I was pleased she hadn't suffered comsetically and body wise was pretty tidy after the race, but underneath I know was a different story, I'd given her a real thrashing to maintain the wild pace required to pull this off against such strong competition. A feat I'm pleased pull off to bring the win home for the GTLOZ crew [you'll be pleased with this Trusty ;)]

It was great meeting, practising and racing with all the newcomers. Great performance from you guys, I hope you stick around for some more racing ;)

Cheers all for an extremely memorable event.
  15. StoneGossard

StoneGossard New Recruit

Well that sounds like it was a great race guys. well done Koastr, coming out on top off the people in that list is a very good display of your racing ability.
    Im still very sad I couldn't make it, but I look forward to jumping in on a series here at raceonoz fairly soon... Just gotta work out how to go about that lol.
  16. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    So how was Frryz race? I expected to see him at least on the podium.
  17. AussieInfidel

AussieInfidel martyn rogers

congratulations Koaster, top race mate can't wait to see the replay
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I was going to email the native PS3 replay to Snake, but it's a bit large at 78MB before zipping.

I'll upload it to the GTLOZ replay server Q-drive if there's some interest.
    But I won't bother if no one's gonna bother downloading it and y'all are happy to wait for Anon's highlights. Cheers.
  19. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah if it's too much of a pain in the arse don't worry about it, I still would've wanted to see the highlight vid Anon is putting together anyway, all good.

I have no issue dl'ing 78mb but if no one else bothers then don't go to the trouble mate, that's for sure.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.