PAGNIAN Prize comp 1: TOP 10 HAS BEEN DECIDED, PLEASE CHECK!

Discussion in 'Sponsors' started by Juzzo, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Did some practice last night, did a 1:38.103 with a bit left, got a huge shock though when I found the car behaves completely differently to when you run a one make race through practice in the career mode, first corner, last corner and that fast right left around mid lap were nigh on impossible to negotiate with the setup I was running with, attempt to turn in and the rear end would pass the front, absolutely ridiculous tbh, was doing 1:37.1's in practice, couldn't even hit a 1:37 in Bonus' lobby last night, bit pissed about the time I wasted having a run over the weekend actually, much more setup work required, I want to tone the suspension settings right back in favour of stability through those bull:):):):) corners but I know it's gonna cost me ultimate lap pace, which I already seem to be lacking.
  2. Small_Fryz

Small_Fryz Rookie

Yes, I had to tone mine down a lot from the Nurburgring as well due to the same issues in the same corners as you haha.

Dont waste any time practicing offline and forget about any times you ran in that mode. Do all your practice in the lobby online as the physics are all different due to tyre wear and fuel etc.

It seems to be quite hard to get a setup that provides good initial turn in without the rear swapping places with the front on those crucial corners you mentioned. Very frustrating car to drive haha.

How did you find tyre wear?
  3. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah pretty heavy actually eh, gotta do some longer runs tonight, last night was sort of focusing on finetuning the setup, trying to find a balance between speed and poise, still haven't found it, haha!

My offline practice was actually with fuel usage and tyre wear on also, the car seems to drive the same for all of the lap but those 3 corners, where it just wants to spin on an axis, seems crap to me but hey, gonna have to deal with it, just a pain that those sections make it so easy to bin it and effectively throw the race away, it's almost out of your control, on more used tyres especially.
  4. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I was doing 1.38 flat with a good turn in setup but same thing as you guys with the spin on first and last corners too. Lot of work to do to get a setup that will tame that and still have the turn for the rest of the track to get reasonable lap times and keep the tires good.
    What a track for this car and the 38 laps, going to be more than just running laps, it's good, this should offer some great battles with the different strategies, its like a real race with heaps to think off to make it to the end with little mistakes and consistent lap times.
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Ah geez I haven't done a scrap of practise yet. Not even turned on the PS3 since Sunday. Been falling asleep on the couch at 8pm with a fever from this damn elbow thing. :( Hopefully I can get started tonight or tomorrow.
  6. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Still need some drivers info for the "Top 10 driver info for TV Replay" Thread under: Index WIN a GTxtreme V2 Simulator Competition.
    . Can you make sur you have it in ASAP

TOP 10...........................PSN.............................Name you want...............................Car Colour
    [1] Jezza1.....................jezza1 ........................... jeremy fitzgerald ................... Blue with Black wheels
    [2] Small_Fryz ............Small_Fryz ........................ Dion Holzheimer ...................... Blue with Red Wheels.
    [3] KoAStR....................KoAStR...........................Biggles Butterworth.............Black with Yellow Wheels
    [4] SNAKEiSM...............SNAKEiSM........................Wayne Gretzky..........................Red with Black wheels
    [5] Pagone41
    [6] ansquad
    [7] OuttaAngst
    [8] Bonus 888......... Nos_Bonus_888........................Ryan McKane......................Chrome with Chrome mags
    [9] blueyonder
    [10] Stumbles......... Stumbles01.............................Justin Case....................Beige with standard Ferrari mags
  7. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    bonus justin should be able to confirm this by thier emails they sent in
  8. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hmm, looks like I'll just be making up the numbers. My best so far is a high 1:40, not having any real problems with spinning, just lacking turn-in. I can't set-up a car to save myself, will keep adjusting things until I find something that works a bit better.

:)
  9. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Stumbles, start out with Fryz or Jezza's setup from the nurburgring and just start toning the suspension settings back from there, good base to start from but I'll admit it's still hard to find the sweet spot, something I'm still trying to achieve, very inexperienced with tuning in GT5 myself.
  10. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hi carn how you going?, we havent heard from you for a while .
    I need the info I was talking about for the replay to be sent to insidesimracingtv. They would like us to use real people names so I am asking for the top 10 to let me know what name they would like us to use. As you can see from those that have already put theirs in, there is some inventive names, anyone guess where mine comes from? There is a thread in the "Win a GTextreme vs simulator competition" section titled Top 10 driver info for TV replay where it explains what I need for the replay.

Also good new (I hope) for those who whould like to see the race live, Anon has tested live streaming of GT5 and said he got it to work on their web site but can't get it to work on ours. So looks like the race can be streamed live and will be on their web site (if testing goes well) which will be posted up here after all the testing has been done. He doesn't know if it will affect the running of the room yet so fingers crossed it doesnt. If there is any chance it will affect connection we won't be doing it but the replay will be done no matter what and it will be highlights of the race running for about 10 to 15 mins.
    Anon is also doing some gt5 in game prises for those entrants who didn't make the top 10, thanks for all this Anon much appreciated by all.
  11. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Sound great Bonus. Thanks alot both Bonus and Anon for sorting this replay business out. :D
  12. Small_Fryz

Small_Fryz Rookie

A bit more testing tonight and I have managed a 1'36.8 in the lobby. Might need to tweak back the setup just a tad so its not too crazy on worn tyres but pretty happy with that lap. Trying to set this car up is a nightmare haha.
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Well you seem to have done alright!! Geezus! I ran a 37.3 last night and could reel off 37.5's pretty easily but 36.8, that's stupid, haha! Pretty sure that's the setup I'll be running in the race, seem to have found a decent balance, can turn into the last corner without the rear end sliding out, first corner and the fast right-left still require a bit more finesse than other corners but manageable, nonetheless, I thought I'd be close to challenging for pole with a 37.3 but still .5 off, that's crazy man, more work to do then!

Fryz, reckon you'll be able to pull a 1 stopper? What sort of times are you managing over longer runs?
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer Snake good couple of laps those last 2 137's you did. Was doing a lot of adjusting to get down to your low 138's and keep it close to there for the first 6 laps, then you went of for your run and came back with those 137's, where did you run too the 888 garage? Just as I think I'm not super slow off the pace there it is, back to the drawing board, 138's be the best i can get I feel and still have tires to keep it on the track for consecutive laps. Been mainly doing lumps of 10 to 12 laps to test setups for tire ware, so might push a couple of short stints tonight to see what qualifying time I can produce.
    Good lap Fryz, can you keep it in the 136's for consecutive laps, if so i will be lapped.
  15. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah I basically had to learn all over again that first session I had with you Bonus, in an online lobby everything just felt so much different, it took me some time to work out the 3 corners I was having big problems with, I think I've got those to a point where I can run consistent times without making any serious mistakes, don't get me wrong though, there's no way I'll be running low 37's in the race, the tyres just won't last, I'd be doing 3 stops, not a viable strategy, at the end of last night's session I was just seeing what would be possible with that setup in qualy, with that in mind, are we allowed to run an extreme setup for qualifying and tone it back in the lounge before the race? I may be able to shoot for a high 36 if so.
  16. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

I thought you may have been running a faster set up, it was a second quicker than previous stint but you seemed to be getting through those problem corners with ease. Got tomorrow off work so will settle with the good tire saver setup i got now and just learn the track for it, mid to high 138s early in a stint, still not sure how good I can make the later stint laps.

Snake, qualifying usually runs for 20 mins and the race is started right on the 20 min mark. I think if you leave the track and do a setup change you risk loosing your position on the grid you had before you left the track. Sometimes it doesn't but most times I've done it, it has.
  17. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Anyone care to share a half decent set-up for a lowly Div 2 driver. I managed to get my best down to a 1:40.020 yesterday before work, but that's looking rather slow...lol

Maybe I'm just being too conservative, I was making the tyres last about 13 laps, making a 2 stopper on the cards.
  18. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey mate. I REALLY need to do some practise and will hopefully get on tonight for a good session. I would like to look at pit strat soon but will have to get a tune at least half dialled in first. Starting from fryz Nurb setup, I'll be happy to share whatever tweaks I making with you in a lobby ;) It might not be perfect, but I should be pretty decent (my SuperGT NSX tunes helped out jonTank and Darko before)
  19. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Thats the way to go man, just tone it down a bit and you should be cruisin I reckon, that setup was pretty loose on 3 different corners for me, I just made some adjustments to increase stability without sacrificing too much cornering ability, it's a balancing act really.
  20. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, I had Fryz's set-up for the Nurb challenge, have toned that down, just cant break out of the 40's. Like I said, might be just me being too conservative.

Wish I could join you for some practice, but got stuck with Arvo shift for this week and next. I'm gunna jump on now and see what else I can work out, maybe I should find a set of "balls" and give it a real go...lmao

:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.