PlayStation ps4 Disk drive problems

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by PaulCox, Dec 20, 2018.

1. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Hey all, tried to eject a game yesterday and nothing happened. I mean no noises at all. Googled for abit found lots of fixes to get stuck games out but they all say there system is still making noises while trying to eject. Id say that the drive is complety broken but the game inside still works. ITs got me stuffed.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If it is under warranty, see if the retailer you bought it from can get the disc out and replace the system.
    If out of warranty:

^how to replace optical drive in ps4

I am sure there will be a way to open the broken drive and get your game out too
  3. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Disc might just be stuck. If warranty is out just removed the casing and put a small screwdriver into the manual eject hole in the drive's outer casing. Loosely put the shell back over, plug it in and try again after that to see if it is working. If it is ok unplug it and screw the shell back in place.