PlayStation PS5 compatibility’s

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Sir McSquid, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Sir McSquid

Sir McSquid New Recruit

Not sure if this was the correct place to create this thread, or if there’s another similar one going

With the PS5 announced to be released sometime between October - December 2020 I thought I’d try and find out about the compatibility of PlayStation 4 accessories (particularly the G29 steering wheel) before I go and purchase one. As expected, the information isn’t out yet, however the backwards compatibility of the PS5 to play PS4 games does leave me hopeful. Truth be told I might go and purchase one anyhow before the information is released.

On a side note it’ll be interesting to find out when PC3 will be released too!

Q: Will the G29 Steering Wheel be compatible with the PS5?

A:Hey Sid,
    Thanks for your enthusiasm! No updates for you as of yet, unfortunately – I'll update you when we hear from the team, bearing in mind we might not know until next year.
    Thanks,
    Logitech G
  2. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Nothing is guaranteed going by past experience with PS. They may allow the older wheels to work and then decide that they aren't compatible as they've had a deal with another company to be the exclusive wheel for PS5