GT5 Queens Birthday E46 M3 Endurance Race.

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, May 30, 2013.

1. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Also just to make sure no one gets caught out if they have no time for testing, the Sports Hard tyre shouldn't be used, its far too slow and the wear is quite fast since there is soo much slip.

Sports Soft and Medium should be the right combo as overall they are quite close when you consider the pace + Life rate of the tyre.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The good thing, this was a great idea and a really competitive and thrilling race. I trained very hard (to the detriment of my Madrid race) for this and felt really at one with this car and track. After having lapped at 1:21:05 in my private practice sessions I was sure I could run with anybody. I have never looked forward to a race so much, what with getting a chance to run with the cream of ROOZ drivers competitively.
    The bad thing, I got disconnected at lap 19. I led the first stint from the start and built up a 6 sec lead going into the pits on lap 10. After a long stop to take on 60 L I came out back in the pack. I caught Musta and passed him but then lost about 3 seconds as he repassed me and while this was going on Anon rounded us both up. After I repassed Musta I was sitting comfortably 4 secs behind Anon and holding pace with him and confident the race was going to come to me as he would have to take more fuel than me in the later stops. It was then I got disconnected, my first time and boy does it hurt, I was gutted.
    I reconnected and started to watch the race, everyone was lagging until Venda dsq'd about lap 26 and then things ran smoothly. I was impressed with the way Anon was running away with the race and knew that if I couldn't have gotten by him them second would definitely have been mine for the taking because he was killin em. I was depressed even more to see Anon then run out of fuel and still go on to win the race. I knew then that I had lost a sure win because of the the damn disconnect.
    I want to thank Musta for such a splendid idea and the best damn 19 laps of racing I have ever had. :D
  3. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    You had great pace emmo, could not come close to your times. It was a real shame you were disconnected!
    As for me, had not driven that car or planned a strategy which added up to a poor race. Won't bother you with the details, but here is the summary: came in last, a lap down and ran out of fuel 3 turns from the finish line.... The end. :/

Congrats to the podium, well done.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks to Musta for putting this together, and some help from Emmo in there as well. Good work guys.

Love the GTR, was stoked to get a chance to race it. Couldn't see half the field, including Musta and Cyber, and figured they were surely well down the road after I knocked poor Tek off the track on lap 1, was down 15 seconds before I started. Had no idea of fuel use, guessed badly twice, needed an extra stop and spun off on lap 47. Emmo, with all your practice and having a set fuel stratagy, you would have won by close to a minute.

I figure you blokes must have had a few issues as well, Musta, Cyber, where did you guys end up??

BTW, well done Rotor and Tek/Moon for the podium spots. Good battles all race.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I think it was a good idea just the net connection was terrible and the Standard M3 probably was just a bit too slow, I had a Rubbish race strategy which meant I came 2nd last.

I wouldn't mind doing another race like this or even a series in the Future but Im going to need to fix my net, before i can do anything like that.
  6. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Well done Anon, really unlucky for Emmo however.

My race was really inconsistent and struggled for pace after about 6 laps on a set of tyres. Had some good fun with Emmo at the beginning though.

Ran out of fuel on lap 20 for probably half of the last sector which was painful. Clipped the shortcut penalty a few times, the most critical would've been just after Anon made his last stop. But I suspect it would've made no difference with the pace he had. Still, with certain things I was glad we had penalties on.

Sorry for that bump too Venda. Backed out and waited for you to get straight again, just yeah wasn't happy when that happened. Sorry again dude.

Glad I got turn 1 under control, only messed it up twice, unlike in Musta's prac room :D

I felt as if the standard M3 struggled a lot once tyres were starting to degrade. 1 lap pace was pretty close but you had to really push it to achieve it.

+1 on the race/series idea.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I watched the race as a spectator after lap 22 or so and let me tell you it was a great race. Close, I think you were the only guy running with mediums and your pace on them shows that on softs you would have been right there. I watched as you ran out of fuel and also saw Anon going an extra lap with his fuel on nearly zero. at around lap 35. It was intrigueing watching because I felt sure he wouldn't make an extra lap and he didn't. Lucky for him his extra stop didn't matter as had plenty of gap in hand and he was on fresh tyres at the end when rotor had 1/2 worn tyres. Anon must have been sweating after running out of fuel and then a spin a couple of laps from the finish put rotor back on his tail. He had the pace to pull it off despite his setbacks.
    I would run in a a series based on this concept for sure. I would just put the Pro1 and Pro2 guys together and all race CSL/GTRs, Maybe drop the sport guys a couple of notches of PP.
    I don't think I would be as competitive at other tracks because I just love this track and always go well there.
  8. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The results:

1st Anon(Pro2)
    2nd x4Rotorsplox(Pro1)
    3rd tekNique(Pro2)
    4th evilmoon(Sport)
    5th Cyber(Pro1)
    6th Mustafur(Pro1)
    7th S_CLOSE(Sport)

8. Vendalism(Pro2) Disconnect
    9. Emmo(Sport) Disconnect

I couldn't save the replay because of my disconnect so don't have times. If any one else has them they may wish to add them here.
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    So that would mean:
    Overall Winner: Anon
    Pro1 Class Winner: X4Rotorsplox
    Pro2 Class Winner: Anon
    Sport Class Winner: Evilmoon

Pole: X4Rotorsplox

Fastest Lap: ?
  10. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    You might have to get Tek or Evil to check their replays. I could only see 4 people by the end, so can't help you there. So was Rotor running an M3 '04? Thought he was in a GTR as well? Or was that Evil??
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Everyone not in pro 1 class was using a GTR.
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Anon did a 1:21:0xx
  13. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Was a good event shame about the no shows, maybe next time we could all use the same car but alter the PP between by 5-10 pp each div.
  14. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I think it was pretty close but pro 2 probablly should of been about 474PP and Sport Class around 482PP.

If everyone had of practised it probably would of been closer and strategy definetly spread it out as well.
  15. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    Yeah Anon, I was running in the Pro1 class with the stocko M3.

Sorry Musta, I forgot to save the replay so can't put up results .