ACC RaceOnOz ACC [PC] Season 4 - Round 10 Enduro 2hrs of Bathurst!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by krunch, Dec 9, 2020.

1. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

Unfortunately I got in a tangle with a GT3 trying to overtake across the top with 5 mins to go which cost me a first top 10 finish bit no use crying over spilt milk. I was just glad I didn't take anyone else out trying to turn myself around on t
  2. staffy0707

staffy0707 Rookie

Trying to turn myself back around.

Anyway just sign me up now for next season. Had a blast and thanks to all involved
  3. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I was bedridden with man flu for the last 3 days, with only the energy to play Cyberpunk 2077 from the couch and occasionally water the plants outside before mumbling profanities about the heat and shambling back to bed. I was sick of feeling sick, so why not do a 2 hour Bathurst enduro? o_O So I mosied over to the rig at the start of prac and suddenly, the Fanatec decides it didn't want to work anymore. Nervously plugging/unplugging, rebooting and cursing I finally got the :poop: working with 10 min of prac left.

On the grid I wanted to adjust some graphical settings which warped me to the pitlane unfortunately despite pressing 'drive', so fair warning to everyone not to do that. I was right near the start of the pitlane, and everyone was half way down Mountain straight by the time it let me go. They should really fix that. You should be able to drive to the pit lane exit and be held there. Anyways, enough whinging.

The race went great, though two stopping wasn't the way to go. I finished without any damage, which I consider miraculous considering my previous disastrous outings here. Big congrats to @SteveDrivingSlowly on the win!! Pace was red hot, good on ya mate :thumbsup:
    fRZn, jlynn777, krunch and 3 others like this.
  4. TomHanks

TomHanks Rookie

Slow and steady wins 6th place.
    On fastest the lap times I was just about the slowest gt3 in the race, but in an unforseen twist of events I drove the entire race with only a few light scrapes so was able to just pit once at 55min :O
    With this strat I think I only had one or two overtakes on track moving from p14-p6, the rest came in pits or when others' suffered a worse fate. From my perspective it was an awesome job by gt3 and gt4 cars getting around each other, barely had a close call so well done everyone there.

Side-story: driving laps being real proud of myself when the leading 2 cars came up to me in the last part of the race. Felt like a New York mugger that has just seen Crocodile Dundee's knife. " That's not pace. This is pace."

GGWP all, had an absolute blast
    tezpez85, anton_Chez, Frostwa and 7 others like this.
  5. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

That's the best way with track! :cry::cry::cry: Nice result.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  6. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

That was good fun, I made a couple mistakes but did a lot better than I expected.
    Stuffed up the tyre pressures and fuel for both stints but we got there in the end.
    There were a couple GT3's around me that I thought weren't respecting the GT4's enough - and sure enough they both crashed out, unfortunately taking a GT4 with them.
    I stayed behind GT4's from the cutting to forrest elbow unless they waved me through or made a mistake, it felt like a long wait but guys like @tezpez85 were flying through there and I don't think I could of got past him if my life depended on it haha

Think that's the longest race I've done on ACC and somehow myself and my PC survived.
    It's getting harder for me to take racing seriously with my equipment needing a big upgrade and with life getting busier - but it's so good to be able to jump on here when I can and have a good battle with respectful and crazy fast guys.

As always thanks to admin for sorting this zoo out!
    And well done to everyone, especially the class winners :thumbsup:
    anton_Chez, krunch, Cooper and 4 others like this.
  7. WALLZY

WALLZY Rookie Gold Member

I really enjoyed the race a good result in the end.
    Quali went really well and got a PB it still wasn't a great lap.

Race was going really well until around lap 4 when i lost all audio i tried to stick it out but i was losing 2 seconds a lap so i went through the pits to fix game audio but didn't get discord on. So sorry to anyone who was trying to talk to me during the race. (on a side note audio makes a big difference in pace).
    After the stop had good clean 2 stints with no real issues and made up a heap of positions from other peoples mishaps. i had a close encounter with @Frosty and @Mael out of the dipper and lost a a bit of time but other wise no issues. If it wasn't for the audio issues needing the extra stop result could have been great.

I did manage to take out the Silver championship and equal first with @CornfordCaster in the Silver endro cup.

For my first ever full season in a league I am pretty happy, I am not the fastest in silver but consistency paid off.

A big thanks for the admin team @SteveDrivingSlowly @krunch @Flamebadger @nanlatt for setting it all up and running the races a power of work and no issues at all.

I look forward to next season.
  8. Mael

Mael Professional

The magic of risk management :coffee: has been in full show this season for the GT3's. Too aggressive causes tears while too risk averse means no podiums.

What I found from a GT4 perspective is the best "overtake/passing" guys tends to position the GT4 on the outside of the corners. This leaves the majority of risk on the GT4 as any mistake on their part generally causes the GT4 to run wide and off track without affecting the GT3. But with sooooo many overtakes mistakes/misunderstandings will occur.

Apologies to #frostwa, I was hoping you'd wait till after that corner and didn't want to slow down with two cars around me as the second one might be caught out by a sudden decrease in speed. Misjudgement by me there. Got a bit of damage from that so thought I let @Frosty get by easily and caused an even bigger accident so it shows one just can win o_O . Felt really bad about that one.

Except for those two incident the race was fun, although being stuck looking at BMW's fat behinds were a bit frustrating :D
  9. Wally

Wally Team Driver

SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  10. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

First off @andyo450 I feel pretty bad that we had a late race incident at Forrests Elbow which looks like it ended your race. Bad luck that you caught me in the downhill section too but I think if you had waited until after the elbow it would have been fine.

My Race:
    With ping spikes steeper than the dipper and the wrong kind of warp engine engaged my race was over two corners in. I've gone all season with barely a blip so it just goes to show that wireless broadband can get you through nine times out of ten ( literally nine races out of ten :D) but did it have to sting me in the last one?!:cry:

Anyway overall I still had fun. I love just driving around this track and with the changing conditions it never got old plus of course there was always a GT3 to suddenly fill my mirrors and keep things interesting.

My pace in qual was middling but I had hoped my race pace would be consistent enough to keep me in the battle with @Wally for 3rd in the Silver Championship. In fact after T1 at the start we were side by side so it could have been a race long battle. But alas the internet gods did their ping and just after Griffins bend heading up to the cutting it all went Start Trek! As cars started warping all over the place I tried to hug the outside wall and stay out of the way but we were all too closely packed. It didn't help that there was another incident just up ahead. I started to feel violated as several cars drove through me and dragged my car around the place. I really hope I didn't destroy anyone's race at that point. My race certainly was.

I was close to just bailing from the race but I felt if the spikes settled down I could keep racing. I didn't want to end the season like that. I let myself drift right to the back and cruised a bit to see how much damage I had (50secs) and whether the net would settle which it seemed to do.

So apart from a few more ping spikes my net settled down and I was able to just race. I pitted after about 12 (GT4) laps when I hoped I could fill the tank and just get home in a long 2nd stint. After the stop everyone I saw was at least a lap up on me so there was plenty of stepping out of the way when I could safely do that. There were a couple of minor incidents plus the one with Andy mentioned at the top but I think pretty much everyone did a great job of the whole multiclass thing.

Eventually I realised I was tight on fuel and even with many laps of fuel saving I ended up about half a lap short. On the second last lap I thought it was the final lap so burned most of what was left in a short battle with @gominiman. Being the only battle of my entire race it was worth it despite running out at the top of the Mt on the actual last lap. Thanks @nanlatt for the pushes to help me get rolling enough so that I can pretend that I rolled all the way down to the line to finish that lap :D.

Massive congrats to @SteveDrivingSlowly for a dominant Silver win and clinching the Silver Championship! Very well deserved! Congrats to @fRZn P2 in the championship and Wally for P3.

Congrats to @tezpez85 for the Pro GT4 champ and @Cinder for the Am GT4 champ
    Congrats to @Chaos for the Pro GT3 champ, @WALLZY for the Silver GT3 champ and @Paul McElhinney for the Am GT3 champ
  11. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Just for giggles here's the first lap carnage at the Cutting from my "warped" perspective :laugh:

12. CornfordCaster

CornfordCaster Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Oh dear, what chaos.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and krunch like this.
  13. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Really sad I missed this one, but work has been crazy for me since Friday and looks like it's unlikely to let up until this weekend.

Nonetheless, wanted to thank everyone who raced with us this season, everyone who turned up for the final round at the mountain, and of course our overall and class winners across GT3 and GT4.

Not to sound like a primary school teacher, but well done everyone! :D
  14. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Going into the final round @SteveDrivingSlowly and myself were only separated by a few points for the silver championship. Unfortunately I think I needed a miracle to even pose a challenge as it turns out Steve is a rocket around the mountain! Congrats on both the race win and the class championship!!

Had a great hour and a half or so battling with @Jeremy Talbot. Like he mentioned, we were side-by-side for about half a lap! It was great fun, and I thought for sure that he would be able to get back past within the remaining half hour.

Unfortunately I got punted by a lapped GT4 car soon after passing Jeremy and then squished against the outside wall before the cutting after leaving ample room for a lapping GT3. These entirely unnecessary and easily avoidable incidents happened within two laps of each other and the second incident resulted in broken steering and an aero deficit of about 1-1.5s on the straights. I pitted to repair the damage (~40s) but it was no use as I was driving angry and made many mistakes including going straight on at Murray's. This proved to be a miserable end to what had been a stellar race.

One small consolation was that I didn't receive any pit lane speeding penalties which I seem to had made a habit of in the previous two rounds.

Thanks to the admins for organising another fun season! Can't wait for the next one!
  15. Paul McElhinney

Paul McElhinney Rookie

I came into the race hoping to break into the 2.05's.

I was still trying different suspension settings through practice and found a sweet spot at the end of practice which gave me my first ever lap of Bathurst in the 2.05s. In Qualy I went one better and cracked the 2.04's by a gnats cock hair.

One rookie error I made was opening up the brake ducts for the race which meant that the tyre pressures were a little lower than optimal. However, the worst thing to impact my lap times during the race was my uncanny knack for hitting a wall immediately after every single pit stop.

I wasn't sure if a two stopper was the right option, but gave it a go. 40 minutes in, I came into the dipper a way too hot and understeered into a wall causing severe damage. The racing gods seemed to be saying that a two stopper was the way to go.

The rest of the race was thrilling but uneventful. At the end I managed to take out the AM Championship which is the first championship I have ever won. It means alot because I have a ton of trophies at home for 2nd place in various Waveski surfing championships, but nothing for first.

To the AM class guys:

Tom Robertshaw, after a slow start to the season you romped home at the end. Well done. A Kerrison, sorry not to see you in the last few rounds, we have some fun battles early on in the season which brought a big smile to my face. The last few laps at Kyalami were epic. Nicky McFlannigan, jaysus you're quick. If you did the whole season I wouldn't be typing this mini Oscars speech.

Thanks everyone
  16. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

It was a blast. Thanks to the orgynisers. We certainly had some great battles over the series. Unfortunately work commitments got in the way with some rounds which was disappointing for me. TBH I was available for the final round, but I hadn't had any practice and didn't want to be a rolling roadblock for 2 hours. So I sat out and hoped that I could hang on to 3rd in the AM class. But alas was not to be.
    Well done to all winners and place getters over all of the classes.