GT5 ROOZ KARTS SEASON 3

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Clevohead, Mar 4, 2013.

1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Excellent - looking forward to it!
    Last week i had the issue of not being allowed on track with the game saying the kart had been tuned.
    Not sure what caused that but i went and brought a new one.
    Question: will changing the gear ratio cause the same problem?
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    No, I will allow tuning for this race, the gears are the only thing you can adjust.
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Sorry but i got to quit this series, i got too many commitments already(in 4 leagues at current)sorry mate.
  4. zampli

zampli Team Driver

wow, horrid race, only really got hang of it in last 8 or so laps. was closing up on joe quickly, wouldve caught him if the room settings were set right with the timer lol.
    whole field lapped by stig, had no answer to him. best lap came within about half a second i think of his.
  5. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Sorry didnt make tonight I remembered to late
  6. WAC

PSN ID
    I only realized you were going to catch me with about 10 seconds of the timer to go!..had slowed down after passing the finish line and forgot how close you were 8o
    As for Stig - dang!
    First lap was abit rough thou...slammed into the wall by someone.
    Knew Stig was not catchable so hung back to do some laps with Emmo - quite a big track when in the Kart so lapping by yourself can get a bit boring.
    Thanks Clevo
  7. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Mmmmm, seems all I did during the race was spin out of control, was also lapped by stig IN A KART!. My worst performance ever since I learn hot to walk.
    Congrats to the top 3 (you killed it Stig).
  8. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    If I hadn't missed the countdown timer in the room setup, I would of had you too. You were in my sights right as the timer ran out :mad:

I will post results tonight.

Good fun guys.

Also N64 and Dougz, please make sure everyone listed is in your friends list as this may be part of the issue, as I even resetted to try and let you guys in :/ That goes for everyone make sure everyone is in your friends list ;)
  9. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I thought you may have been waiting for me but once you crashed and I got past and you didn't seem to catch me again I deluded myself into thinking I was beating you.

I looked at the replay and the first corner culprit was ..... Clevo!!!.

Studying the result showed that my stupidity in spinning into the pit entry then not putting fuel in cost me second place. That is assuming Joe couldn't push harder to catch me if I was in front. I definitely would have stayed ahead of Zamps. I was really blown away by Stig's speed, it dawned on me when he brought out the Ferrari after the race that he had probably sharpened himself doing the on line Speed Trial around Madrid in the Ferrari, sure paid off for him.

I really enjoy these races in the Karts and am looking forward to next week. Thanks Clevo, this is fun
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

do u mean the FormulaGT time trial that was up a couple of weeks ago emmo, that things a different beast all together.
    i only put on the ferrari after for a bit of fun, i love driving it around monaco.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That's right, it was a FGT, I got it confused with the Ferrari. Either way, pounding around in one of those would sure help you learn the track. When I loaded up my Ferrari to run with you I couldn't get it around the first corner and was about 9 secs off the pace. It felt like a tug boat after so many laps in the Kart LOL. I haven't been doing the time trials or seasonals since I found ROOZ, If I need money I do run in the fifth race for the F1 Ferraris at about 780 PP.
    I do enjoy running against you fast guys as I think it is the best way to improve myself.
  12. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea once again sorry I missed, enjoy the karts. I had a few beers (as had next 2 days of work)I knew the race was on and was planning to attend but the beverages helped it to slip my mind. I remember again at 9pm but by then it was to late, probably would of been a mobile chicane while on the brews anyway.

/cyas next week.
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Sorry guys, I'm going to sit out tonight, thanks to the frequent and BS disconnections, and my arm is very sore after I donated blood to The Red Cross today. Have fun boys!
    Cheers, Jono
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

This is tomorrow anyways?
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Oh damn, I got my days mixed up! I thought it was a Wednesday today! (facepalm)
  16. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  17. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Sorry guys.. Completely forgot about this tonight.
  18. WAC

PSN ID
    I was obviously not happy being dumped out of the room :mad:
    Clevo i had you in my sights!
  19. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I seen you gaining was looking forward to a bit of a scrap too, you should have came back and tried again for race 2 as it was a sprint round.

I ended up in a slide/spin on lap 11 in that race and emmo got past and we were doing very similar times so I couldn't catch him in one lap :(

@ S_CLOSE as promised, the reference material you requested ;):

(vi) Drivers must avoid running into the cars in front of them, if a driver brakes too late and will run into the car behind them the options of bailing out into the grass, gravel or wall must be taken if available to them.

(x) Drivers must respect whom has the racing line when turning into and coming out of a corner, the driver which has the inside of a corner has the entrance advantage, other drivers must respect the driving line and avoid a collision.
  20. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    You cheeky bastard lol