SELBY SELBY 400 (prize event)

Discussion in 'Sponsors' started by Clevohead, Jun 24, 2015.

1. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Cheers Jono, pretty good time it seems, four minutes faster than fastboy's time and we were all pretty close in the end.
  2. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

I think that has to do with the amount of people you have less chance for leaders to be dragged back to the pack plus we also did a rolling start so our first lap was like 2 mins
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Apart from the last corner mishap (still seething about that), great race all around.
    I was planning my pit stop strategies from lap 80! LOL
    From then on, I figured I could run hard for 12 laps, which by then the rear right would be on 2.
    So did a lot of counting back to figure out when I should be pitting.
    After my pit stop on lap 90, I managed to draw out that stint by lifting and coasting, light throttle taps around the corner. Managed 13 or 14 laps, drew out the next stint a little and managed to reach my goal of pitting at the end of lap 148.
    Giving me 12 laps to run.
    Strategy was going excellent as I could see everyone pitting around the early 140's and knew they'd have to pit again!
    Pitted end of lap 148 and came back out just after the mid pack. Proceeded to follow safely and watch while everyone dropped off into the pits and then built my lead up to 18s.
    Everyone eventually boosted to about 3 seconds behind me by the last corner... but we all know how that turned out now.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. SPL Racing

SPL Racing Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    SPL_Racing
    Ah right. We had a standing start, that was a bit weird in a NASCAR
  5. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Yer so did we so we decided to run our own rolling start
    SPL Racing likes this.
  6. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I have dead arms. I did not see this post in time. It was still awesome!!

Yo yo-ed around like always with boost on, tried a couple of 11 lap stints but was always losing it in the final turn on lap 11 so stuck with 10's. Was just letting it fill right up in the stops, and when I finally figured out the correct pit entry speed to not get a penalty delay in the pits (under 160) I started seeing more of @warrior2167 and @Beau_Albert and @Randm90 . Started getting my hopes up. At the 102 lap mark I started subtracting fuel from my fill, first filled with 45, then 30, and then I nearly ran out of fuel and pitted 2 laps early. Bloody idiot. I filled the tank this time with 30 to go and was still somehow near the front at the end of my stints. Warrior seemed to have disappeared but not for long. Pulled in for my final stop lap 150 and came out in 8th. Was a little concerned but then I saw all the red pit markers pop up over the next few laps and I was right back up there. I actually passed beau too. I caught up to @Hatfield and @Clevohead all the while dragging beau, warrior and cyberstig1 and was in amongst it by lap 155. Clevo went low and unsettled his ford, sliding up the track and riding the wall, dropping back. Randm was leading by about 6 car lengths but dropping back towards Hat and beau driving side by side. I was behind waiting for a bump that would send one of them spinning off. Lap 156 I managed to drive around the outside of hat then slingshot by the inside of beau and locked on to randm's slipstream. Beau started bump drafting us both up towards him. Lap 157 that little bump out of turn 1 got me and pushes me high, bouncing off the barrier and dropping back to 6th just behind warrior and ahead of @Pringles_947 and Clevo. Lap 158 beau has taken the lead from randm and I slipped up warriors inside up to 5th dragging Clevo with me. Hat got a little loose in turn 2 and looked like he was gonna spin but saved it just only dropping 2 places. 159 randm and beau were a rolling road block and Cyberstig and I could not get through. Exiting turn 1 cyber got loose and spun out dropping way back. Beau and Randm were playing leapfrog and I could hold onto their slipstream long enough to make a move. Final lap. This is where it usually goes pear shaped for me, losing a great position making a stupid move. Our leading trio had a small gap across the land Ne on the rest of the field, and beau had one hand on the trophy. I got draft on randm but caught him just as we tipped in to turn 1 so held back. All of a sudden @Jim_aka_The_Man appeared on his boost lap looking for a way through. Entering turn 2 randm has the lead but on the high line with beau hugging the inside. I think Jim realised he was in the thick of the lead battle and dropped back. Beau got a little wobbly and started moving up the track towards randm, and randm backed off a touch as they made slight contact. Here's my chance!! I moved down low to beaus slipstream and slipped past randm into 2nd. He touched the outside barrier losing his drive and a chance to come back. I was closing and closing and I even got a little tap from Jim just at the line but I just missed out by .088.

Well done Beau!!
  7. SamCham1095

SamCham1095 Rookie

I still feel a bit dumb after blowing 4th in qualifying by spinning from what had become 3rd on lap 1, turn 3 and causing the biggest smash of the race... :mad::cry:
    Made for an interesting race after that though, as tyre woes had got me 3 laps down by lap 30, so I spent the next 100 or so laps trying to get back to the pack. From there I managed to get my strategy working okay, so I didn't have to pit after lap 150. Then the inevitable mess of having 15 cars in one race came around lap 159. Jim's boost put him into me, which steered me into a spinning Cyberstig (I think, not 100% sure) and from there any hope of capitalising on a big mistake from the top 9 in front of me was gone. Happy with 10th considering how my race went overall.
    Randm90 and Ad2mny like this.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Great event @Clevohead and thanks to Selby for the prize offering!

Now onto the important question...when is the draw?
    SuiCid3 and Footlong_warrior like this.
  9. Footlong_warrior

Footlong_warrior Team Driver

PSN ID
    Footlong_Warrior twoinch_inya
    haha straight to the point lol
    Hatfield and SuiCid3 like this.
  10. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Give it a couple of days.. We gotta drag the QuizMAster Anon away from AC long enough to get the numbers generator warmed up.
    Ad2mny likes this.
  11. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    great race clevo thanks for setting this there should be more over this and thanks for being my team mate
    stucar17, Ad2mny, Peter Wise and 2 others like this.
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    I will get spread sheets worked on tonight with points/ticket allocations, and let Anon know when we can do the draw.

Was an epic race with lots of laughs, tears, and expletives (sorry if I offended anyone, I was getting a little passionate) Congrats to the podium, Beau you did an awesome job to come away with the win:thumbsup: , Ad2mny now you get to feel what it is like to be the bridesmaid ;), and Hatfield thanks for letting me tag along for the good part of the race :sneaky: And thanks to Col for being such an enthusiastic team mate, we have had some good times there mate :)

@Anon666 how does next Monday night sound for the draw???
    Ad2mny and colin-50_ like this.
  13. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I did my fair share to slow down our room. Basically a lap behind sometimes 2 for 140 odd laps lol.
  14. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Was there some drop outs in rooms 2 and 3???
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yeah, Stumbles dropped out and Serge dropped out on the final lap. (Room 3)
    Clevohead likes this.
  16. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Yeah, lap 57 :(
    When I went back in to watch, Gary said a random joined at the same time.. *&%$ing PD

Then my PS3 froze 20 mins later.. almost chucked my controller at the TV, lol
    Clevohead likes this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    IMO I think for some people, they may have seen this event as a more casual one and so not as much care was taken when trying to overtake or unlap themselves. Also mistakes happen.
    Myself, I was trying to limit the side by side driving through corners and would normally back off to instead run behind.
    Also @seth123 would lag every time I got near him (and he mentioned the opposite for him as in I was lagging).
    Also times when you feel as though you were blatantly turned around could have been the result of a chain effect.
    Sorry @Pringles_947 I remembered I turned you around when I got a tap up the back from someone and I had no choice :(
    Clevohead and SuiCid3 like this.
  18. CPTNPEACH

CPTNPEACH Rookie

PSN ID
    CPTNPEACH
    Vardz and wtf and pykey left throughout the race in our room
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Refer to my Shoutbox comment.
    I have no issue with the banter that goes on between laps 1-140~, as these races all end up being about the last 10 or so anyway.
  20. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I believe @pykeybraa145 DSC