SELBY SELBY 400 (prize event)

Discussion in 'Sponsors' started by Clevohead, Jun 24, 2015.

1. pykeybraa145

pykeybraa145 Team Driver

PSN ID
    pykeybraa145
    Yep DSC lap 153 after my last stop :( was up the front aswell
    SuiCid3 and Viperzed like this.
  2. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Numbers were looking light, probably could have merged the two rooms on those numbers, but we don
    I'm with you on this, as I discussed with my mate that came over to co-drive with me there were one or two that were menaces (may not have been intentional) but none the less they could have shown a bit more ROOZ Respect in their racing.

Snaggltooth and myself were very impressed with your consistency Hatfield, and we hope we didn't upset you while we tagged along during sections of the race, it was nice to have someone to keep pace with :)
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    no worries mate! We don't often cross paths online so it was nice to see you. Sometimes with some drivers you have tense moments when they are near you as you don't entirely trust them to give you enough space or they might seem to be lagging or whatever but I had no issue racing near you :)
    Clevohead likes this.
  4. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    Sorry if i took you out anytime before i disconnected Clevo, after the race started I couldn't see you
    Clevohead likes this.
  5. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Couldn't have gone with only 2 rooms. When I got booted, I looked and room one was full with 16 runners, room 2 had 12 and room 3 started with 8.
  6. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Great racing last night chaps! Was in contention basically the whole race with a good strategy (@pykeybraa145 had the same as mine till he dced, unlucky mate) The final few laps got heckas. @Konnor McCluskey spun out of contention (that happened multiple times lol) then It was down to ranok3n, @Fastboysmith , @CPTNPEACH , @pat65 and I! Peach lost it coming out of T2, with me saving him from absolutely losing it. Then @v8power383 who was a lapped car, came through on the final lap and caused chaos. At this point, ranok3n was still leading but falling back quickly with terrible tires. Coming into the final corner, ranok3n spun it, i got a fantastic run on fastboy only for pat to loop it and hit me with him :( Not much could be done but then Peach came through and took second after i saved him!!! *sigh* Can't really complain, was fantastic racing and hope that maybe another one is coming up :D
  7. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Awesome racing last night, i apologise for my awful hosting ability XD
    Qualified 3rd but umm..... kinda forgot the whole rolling start thing..... decided because im stupid at hosting to drop to the rear of the field and it almost came off as a dream choice as everyone piled into eachother at Turn 3!!
    Next 100 laps a few drivers found themselves going a lap or two down, however there was a tight top 6 still running up front which i was able to be apart of. Not too many wrecks, one i remember quite clearly is when i think Warrior was stopped on circuit and i was racing side by side with someone, had no where to go and head on went into Warrior at over 300..... :rolleyes: Whoops!!
    Last few laps were very tense, me and my teammate Connor were out front on the outside and inside trains, putting us in a great spot for a 1-2, which i ruined on the last lap :cry: I was so tense on that final lap i accidentally grabbed 3rd gear, sending me backwards and down to 3rd place :laugh: with just one corner remaining....:eek:
    Managed to slipstream my teammate and in a win or spin attempt, threw the car down low where the cars are vulnerable to spin, made it stick and despite coming under serious threat from Ad, was able to just sneak the win in a fantastic final few laps! Thanks to Clevo for making the event happen! Something very different from my usual 2hour+ Races!!
    SuiCid3, Ad2mny and Clevohead like this.
  8. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

I feel like I had too many crashes of my own fault and many pit lane penalties especially at the start while I was learning how to nascar. I was trying out different techniques like bump drafting and I might have put a couple of people in the wall D= and then I would freak out when someone in front got a little out of shape and try to avoid them by aiming for the smoke, that didn't work as much as I have heard it does, or I would swerve and get out of shape myself and end up taking out anyone around me. And I got pumped up in the last 20 laps or so when warrior and I was on a good run and I lost it going up the inside trying to the front. So overall, it was quite scruffy on my part but a lot of fun =] Thanks for organising this clevo!
    SuiCid3, Clevohead and Ad2mny like this.
  9. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    /Mike Tyson/ Now kith... :inlove:
    Clevohead likes this.
  10. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    That's why these Nascar event always get a good turnout.
    Especially these massive endurance ones. Most of it is good fun and good banter, then towards the home stretch, you can just feel the intensity start to emanate from everyone for the last stint!
    Clevohead likes this.
  11. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I like how it feels like your nowhere most of the race then right at the final 3-4 laps everyone's right there again lol (barring any disasters)
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, it looked like I was going to be right there as I was flying towards the pack at about 5 -7 seconds a lap but as usual I got carried away by the excitement and spun at that tricky exit from turn 1 coming onto the back straight on the last lap., I was soooo pee'd off with myself.:mad:
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  13. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I tried to copy your 12 lap stints but like I said I couldn't keep it pointed the right way on the 11th lap. Bad luck Amigo.
  14. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Maybe your arms couldn't handle the awesomeness of the T300 :p
    Ad2mny likes this.
  15. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I only did 12 lap stints for a short while to get into my strategy position, from then on I was doing 10s like most others. I Got put a lap back through a couple of incidents early and it took me to lap 120 to be back where I wanted. Unfortunately that was the lap that I spun on the front stretch, It was my only spin there and I'm still confused about it. The problem was I couldn't get back off the grass and lost a heaps of time. I only had 40 laps then to get back on strategy but then threw it all away with that stupid last lap spin. I also noticed that I got a couple of pit time penalties even though I was being careful entering the pits, i must have been just over the limit. All this put me on the back foot for most of the race.
  16. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ha ha. It was true though they nearly fell off, but my accelerator leg was worse!!:eek::eek:
  17. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    OK Room hosts @garyw61 and @pat65 can I please have the starters that dsc'd in order of dsc for my score sheets please?
    also pole and fastest laps

Cheers.
  18. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Link to results table I started tonight, will get times, and teams table up Thursday/Friday night once I have all DSC info:

SELBY 400 RESULTS TABLE
  19. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    interesting points structure
    CPTNPEACH likes this.
  20. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    It's our old GT5 structure, and they are only part of your total points/tickets in the draw. You will see how it all works soon enough.