GT-Sport Supercars Next Generation Series

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by THE_UNDER_STUDY, Feb 12, 2020.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Not sure. I have been racing them in the GT3 races at Brands Hatch where they are set to BOP. Haven't tried them at default settings yet. BOP seems to favor the Lexus.
  2. THE_UNDER_STUDY

THE_UNDER_STUDY Team Driver

Yeah, in the testing I did, there was not much difference in the default settings to produce similar lap times. With my driving technique, I found that the Lexus liked to be tail happy, the BMW pushed into the corners something horrible but made up for it in the straights and the Ford seemed the slowest but handled the best. So I think leaving them default will be the way to go.
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I tried all three with BOP in the sports races and they are close.
  4. THE_UNDER_STUDY

OP UPDATED.
    Below are the handicap and success ballast for the series. I have tried to make it as close as possible as per ability. So hopefully we can have some nice close racing, no matter what div you are in. If anyone sees any blaring errors that stand out or anything let me know. Cheers.

Handicap
    Using GT Sport Season 10 Division;
    Div 1: 104% (1352kg)
    Div 2: 100% (1300kg)
    Div 3: 96% (1248kg)
    Div 4: 92% (1196kg)
    Success ballast for each round;
    1st: 4% (52kg)
    2nd: 3% (39kg)
    3rd: 3% (39kg)
    4th: 2% (26kg)
    5th: 2% (26kg)
    6th: 1% (13kg)

7th to 16th: -2% until back to Original Weight
    Maximum success ballast: 8% (104kg)

Will need all 3 weight reduction level ups on your chosen vehicle to be purchased (using Mileage Points)
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does this mean you intend to alter the HP of each to around 565 to 567hp and leave the weight at 1300?
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I have neither, there is still about 8 weeks until round 1 so will keep watching for them.
  7. THE_UNDER_STUDY

No. The weight will be the main deciding factor. I just haven't decided to leave the default BHP for each car as is or change them so each car is near identical. Once decided, the BHP will not change for the entire series.

As for the weight, below is the current driver list and what their starting weight will be for round 1. Success ballast will alter these from round 2 onwards.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    LE_bananajosh and emmo46 like this.
  8. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Cool. Like I said, no big stress, just my OCD playing up. I will check with everyone closer to the start and see who has what and decide from there.
    emmo46 likes this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Seems to favor div 3, I thought you were looking at 50kg between divs.
  10. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Ha, you are right. That's a mistake on my part. Did it late last night after a few brews. Obviously my adding ability goes out the window when I drink. Will fix. Cheers.
    incey and emmo46 like this.
  11. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Updated. Closest to 50kg each I could get as each percent is 13kg.

DON'T DRINK AND CALCULATE.;);)
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @THE_UNDER_STUDY why not run practice bop testing nights each week until the meet n greet?
    incey and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  13. THE_UNDER_STUDY

What a good idea. That's why you're on the big bucks. Will test if I'm in the ballpark with BOP. I still expect div 1 and 2 still to be quicker but with the extra weight strategy and looking after tyres will hopefully even it out. Will see I spose. Good also for people thinking of joining and want to try it out.

Won't really need the meet and greet if I do this. Maybe an extra round could be done. Hmmmm decisions, decisions.
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    the thing with bop is everyone will never truly be happy, so more testing is better
    ask @JonoStan96 lol
  15. THE_UNDER_STUDY

I've got Roland Dane and Ryan Story on speed dial, few runway tests with them and it'll be all a-ok. ;);):cool::confused:
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Best tip is to use PD bop and go from there.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The GTSport BOP figures are
    Lexus 106% - 556hp and 103% - 1339kg
    BMW 95% - 555hp and 103% - 1339kg
    Ford 109% - 598hp and 102% - 1326kg
    It means you would have to have two tables of division and success ballast, one for the Lexus and BMW as they are the same weight and a separate one for the Ford.
    I found the three of them very similar pace at Brands Hatch in last weeks weekly Race C. Maybe we could start there.
    We could simplify the ballast tables by making the Ford the same weight as the other two and adjusting the horse power to suit.
  18. THE_UNDER_STUDY

The trouble I have found that BOP can be a bit of a fallacy when applied to each track. Each car will still have its advantages and disadvantages dependant on the track.

When coming up with the format, my criteria was gr.3, no supercars, only passenger/sports cars. I started with the following cars.
    Mustang
    M6
    RC-F
    GTR
    Mazda 6
    Impreza
    Supra

After testing without BOP, I whittled them down to 4 and then the current 3 cars. When tested on 4 seperate tracks, I was able to get the 3 cars within approx 1 second on the small tracks and approx 2 to 2.5 seconds on the larger tracks. I stress these times might differ a bit dependant on driving technique.

Like @Hatfield said, I won't be able to please everyone, if I do some testing weeks prior to the season start, it will just be to adjust success ballast. I think we either keep the current figures or use the PD BOP settings. But I would be really unwilling to open up performance figures more. I think it will just create a bigger headache. I hope with the tracks I chose and the aggressive success ballast, their should be enough variety to help even things out a bit.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.
  19. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    :thumbsup:
    After 2yrs of adjustments, BOP is as accurate as possible across all tracks.
    Obviously cars have advantages at certain tracks via top speed, or drivetrain, or gearbox etc.
    I would be using Jono's handicapping as a guide too, with the work he and others have put in, (who are quality drivers)
    it would be wrong to ignore it, just like ignoring BOP.
  20. THE_UNDER_STUDY

Not ignoring anything, spitballing ideas is all. What I don't want though is a too vanilla championship. I want variety in the cars. If their is not variety, I might as well just run one model. At this stage their are 4 Lexus, 4 Ford and 1 BMW. A good mix atm. And I'm guessing due to some of the quality of the drivers that have signed up, they have chosen their make cause they think that make will be the best. (not me, I chose the Mustang cause I'm a Ford man. But I don't expect to be up the front. I'm just there to make up the numbers and hopefully make a good and fun series.)
    incey and Apex_64 like this.