GT5 The German on the Mount

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by emmo46, Sep 21, 2013.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No Serg, Your 1:33.813 in race 1 was the quickest of the night.;)
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Disappointed I couldn't get home in time Emmo, but daylight savings is a problem for me each and every Summer. Tough car-track combo, especially as the tyres faded. I think it's time for a similar sprint series with K-cars around Autumn Ring, anyone? Anyone??
    emmo46 likes this.
  3. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    What a hoot that was!
    Good write up Jono - could tell you were all worked up about that one.
    Thought you had backed off in race two to rejoin us mere mortals in the mid pack which for 3 laps was fantastic fun.
    Emmo robbed himself again from taking a 1st place on another last lap crash - you have got to stop doing that!! :)
    So many good battles - good stuff guy's!
    Ad2mny likes this.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    What a great night of racing, Race one was very tame with N64 leading from start to finish with Serg, Joe, me, Ad2 and BJ following on in grid order. We stayed pretty close in line astern for the first few laps until I started to drop back a bit and AD2 and Bj dropped back a little way from me. The gap to Joe was yo-yoing until I had a 360 spin on the pit straight, luckily I ended up pointing in the right direction before I stopped and was able to get up to speed again quickly, Luckily Ad2 and Bj weren't close enough to get me.
    A lap or two later I passed Joe as he was getting back to speed along the pit straight and after that he started to drop back to steal Bj's pole for race two.
    The first five laps of race two were hectic and I will have to watch the replay to see what happened when. The leader board was rolling like a poker machine wheel!!. I started fourth behind Joe, Bj, and Ad2 and ahead of Serg and N64. I got past Bj early and chased after the duelling Joe and Ad2. I don't remember passing Joe but I did have an epic struggle with Ad2 until I managed to scrape past and into the lead by about lap 5 or 6. I put my eyes forward and pushed on towards the finish but Joe and Serg had other ideas and closed the gap rapidly over laps 7 and 8 but then I managed to open it a bit as they fought like beasts over the right to attack me. Out of the second tunnel on the last lap I was counting my chickens and just glanced in my mirror to see who was on top in the struggle behind me when the bloody AMG reared up and bit me. I slammed into the inside wall in a lurid oversteer slide and luckily ended up backwards parallel to the track for and easy U turn back into action. Serg and Joe raced past and I could just imagine their grins. Luckily N64 in third was back far enough that I could get third place six seconds back from Serg in the lead with Joe second. N64, Ad2 and Bj trailed in behind.
    Anon dropped in for the final race and again Bj was denied a pole start as the system put Anon on pole from Bj, Ad2, N64, Me, Joe and Serg. On the run to turn three I managed to get inside Bj and N64 and take 3rd place. Luckily I had because just behind me BJ and N64 got into a tangle which resulted in N64 getting drop kicked into the wall. Anon had a comfortable time in front and I again got involved in an epic battle with Ad2, he doesn't seem to enjoy me passing him, puts up a hell of a fight. I finally found a chink in his armour and set off after Anon but he was just too quick and though I managed to hold the gap for a few laps he eventually opened out a lead that nobody was going to bridge. Just as I was getting comfortable in 2nd Serg and N64 arrived like a couple of bully boys to pick on me. Luckily they too were scrabbling over the right to attack me and I was able to hold them off until N64 had his encounter before the last tunnel. After that Serg was free to give me his all and this time I managed to keep it together to take 2nd behind Anon with Serg inappropriately close to my butt as we crossed the finish line. Joe and Ad2 followed in close together with Bj coming in 6th. N64 had retired hurt after headbutting the wall in turn two.
    I would love to do more of this type of event if there are enough people interested, I can even change days and or times if it makes it easier for more to attend. Saying that the action was frantic with just the six of us, but a few more in the mix couldn't hurt.
    Thanx every one for a thoroughly enjoyable night of close racing, each of you would have stories to tell. It must have been a little boring for Anon in race three but the rest of us were struggling for every inch of road.
    Ad2mny, S_CLOSE and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Sounds interesting, more info please. Autumn Ring full or mini?, one car in particular or any K car?
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I wish, The disappointment and the sick feeling in my gut as I lurched toward that wall were just numbing, Maybe I need a head doctor.
    S_CLOSE likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It made you feel bad!!. I was about to cut my throat.:eek:
    Your welcome, I hope you enjoyed it.:)
  8. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Full track. Be good to have it completely open, just need to figure out a good bhp to keep them all competitive. No Cappa or RM obviously, but there are heaps of cars. Also reckon nothing past 2000, the best Kei cars are 80's and 90's models. Be good to just have everyone in vans tbh. Here's a list:
    • Honda BEAT '91
    • Suzuki Kei WORKS '92
    • Suzuki WAGON R RR '98
    • Daihatsu Cuore TR-XX Avanzato R (J) '97
    • Daihatsu Midget II D type '98
    • Daihatsu MIRA TR-XX Avanzato R '97
    • Daihatsu MOVE CX '95
    • Daihatsu MOVE SR-XX 2WD '97
    • Daihatsu MOVE SR-XX 4WD '97
    • Honda BEAT Version F '92
    • Honda BEAT Version Z '93
    • Honda TODAY G '85
    • Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
    • Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91
    • Suzuki ALTO WORKS RS-Z '97
    • Suzuki ALTO WORKS SUZUKI SPORT LIMITED '97
    • Mitsubishi MINICA DANGAN ZZ '89
    • Honda LIFE STEP VAN '72
    • Honda N360 '67
    • Honda Z ACT '70
  9. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Honda beat demolishes them all if its PP.
  10. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    How about:
    Div 1. Daihatsu MOVE SR-XX 2WD '97
    Div 2. Daihatsu Cuore TR-XX Avanzato R (J) '97
    Div 3. Mitsubishi MINICA DANGAN ZZ '89
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    These are also close on PP
    • Suzuki ALTO WORKS RS-Z '97
    • Suzuki ALTO WORKS SUZUKI SPORT LIMITED '97
    I think if we set a 320 or so PP limit it might be OK, my only concern is these are standard cars and I'm not sure I have any of them and perhaps not many others do either.
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Easily tradable. Not rare cars, will send you one.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Keep it for now, I have now got a Daihatsu - MIRA TR-XX Avanzato R '97 and there are 8 others within reach,
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I suggest we limit it to these 5 cars, they would probably be closely matched with some minor restriction to PP:
    Daihatsu - Cuore TR-XX Avanzato R (J) '97 - 328 PP
    Daihatsu - MIRA TR-XX Avanzato R '97 - 320 PP
    Suzuki - ALTO WORKS RS-Z '97 - 320 PP
    Suzuki - ALTO WORKS SUZUKI SPORT LIMITED '97 - 319 PP
    Mitsubishi - MINICA DANGAN ZZ '89 - 326 PP
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I can get a mixture of about eight of the cars above if we agree they are the ones to be used.
  16. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Race 1: Qualified 5th and aside from TTR_joe90 waiting out on the final lap for pole next race, that was where I stayed. Had a big scare coming out of the tunnel just before the downhill esses but managed to keep from spinning, however my gap to the lead jumped from 9.5 secs to near 20. bjh1012 was not showing the pace he normally had here and was still behind when I recovered, and I finished the race in 4th
    Anon666 and emmo46 like this.
  17. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Race 2: Started 3rd and poor bjh1012 got a massive jump start penalty and was last by the time he just crossed the start finish line. I had TTR_joe90 in my crosshairs and was gonna try stay there as long as I could. He made a mistake at the sharp left before the final tunnel, running wide and allowing me to pass. Had a massive power slide exiting the chicane start of lap 2, bathing everyone in my tyre smoke and causing a bit of chaos behind. N64TheStig007 came out best and we ran side by side into the first right. Unfortunately my eagerness to apply power resulted in running wide and dropping 2 further places to TTR_joe90 and S_CLOSE. emmo46 got past as I outbraked myself slightly at the right handed in between the 2 tunnels, putting me back into 5th. Lap 3 got an awesome run through the first chicane and made up 2 positions running along the outside barrier, and finally outbraking S_CLOSE and making it stick on the outside into the first right hander. At the time I thought it was the move of the century but looking at it from the many different angles I see it was a little on the rough side and cost S_CLOSE 2 more positions (sorry S). So N64TheStig007 had a fairly comfortable lead now and emmo46 was all over me but I vowed not to look back and concentrate on doing the best laps I could, which were mid to high 36's. emmo46 found a way past on the back straight, and my attempt at a repass in between the tunnels failed as I bumped off the inside wall and ran wide. I just managed to keep TTR_joe90 behind and stuck to emmo46's tail best I could. Lap 5 bjh1012 came from way back and glitched through the chicane all the way from last to second and then slammed into the outside wall at the first right just in front of emmo46, which I think distracted him and he ran wide on exit, gifting me back 2nd place. Just ahead, N64TheStig007 got very taily at the next left, and I managed to sneak through down the hill just before the long right. I had a bit of a wide exit at the sharp left setting emmo46 up to pass me out of the final tunnel. As we ran down the esses, N64TheStig007 was running just at my rear and we made light contact, ending in a massive fishtail. He waited till I recovered but as I tried to get going again my tyres instantly lit up again and around I went. I cursed at the TV for the next lap or so and wandered home in a dismal 5th.
    Anon666 and emmo46 like this.
  18. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Race 3: Anon666 had joined by this stage and put in an incredible 1.33.4xx flying lap in pre race practice, much to the horror of the other div 1 drivers. Being a late starter and reverse grids, he started in pole and led the race to the flag. I was 2nd by the first chicane, but emmo46 drafted me on the back straight, and ran side by side for next couple corners before he got past at th tight left before final tunnel. I managed to keep a duelling S_CLOSE and TTR_joe90 at bay and even had a couple of runs at emmo46 but by lap 6 my tyres were starting to slide and I slowly worked m way back through the pack. Lap 7 I had a massive slide onto main straight and hammered the pit wall, putting me into 6th place and when N64TheStig007 abandoned the race early on lap 8 I moved up to 5th and that's how we finished.

I really enjoyed race 2's early battles in the 5 way scraps. Some real intense racing. Great concept as always emmo46, and some great battles with all the other drivers, except Anon666, who I only saw for 1/4 of a lap and then was gone in the distance.

See you all on track soon
    S_CLOSE, Anon666 and emmo46 like this.
  19. Ad2mny

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lap 1 Turn 1 Race 2

[​IMG]
    Getting a bit sideways and upsetting the field behind

[​IMG]
    Epic race 2 battles

[​IMG]
    ...continuing

[​IMG]
    Anon666's lead end of lap 1 Race 3

[​IMG]
    S_CLOSE having a YEEEEE-HAAAA moment
    WAC, S_CLOSE and Anon666 like this.
  20. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    if you limit the power and weight with tuning allowed i would say:
    Honda BEAT '91
    Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
    Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91

but if no tuning, then have a Van/Ute race with:
    Suzuki WAGON R RR '98
    Daihatsu MOVE SR-XX 4WD '97
    Mitsubishi MINICA DANGAN ZZ '89
    Daihatsu Midget II D type '98
    Honda TODAY G '85

I would suggest Comfort Medium tyres anything more and its too grippy.