The MINT_GTR aka Matt Simmons support thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stucar17, Aug 13, 2015.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    [​IMG]

http://autoaction.com.au/australian-wins-gt-academy/

@MINT_GTR

SPEECHLESS ........WOW
    MINT_GTR aka Matthew Simmons, one of our communities finest, has become the GT Academy WORLD CHAMPION for 2015.

Matt, The ROOZ community would all like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on what is a fantastic personal achievement, and something we all hope is the start of a fantastic and success filled career. Congratulations should also go to the others of our community who did themselves proud. @AUSnicko9 , @SirPoopington , @Pringles_947 , @warrior2167 , @Fastboysmith , @R0T0R-AU86
    and shared some of the ride with you.

You have a tonne of support here from the community, as was seen by the number of members who watched it all unfold on the live stream. To see you get a cracking start, lead, set the fastest lap, then ultimately fall to third was a roller coaster we all rode, ultimately with the hope you had done enough to prove you have what it takes.

We will use this thread to keep a track of you and your new career, events and announcements. I am sure you will have a busy schedule but if you can drop by and say hi every now and again would be great ;)

Again, On behalf of everyone, CONGRATULATIONS, WELL DONE, GOOD LUCK and ENJOY.
    Cheers
    Stu, Mod Team and the ROOZ community
  2. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    What he said :):D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:
    MINT_GTR, warrior2167 and JonoStan96 like this.
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Massive Congratulations to Mint!
    He will have to come back at some point to beat warrior in a Sunday series lol
    MINT_GTR, Mustafur, Bren and 6 others like this.
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Can't offer enough congratulations to you Matt, your a complete class act, and I could not be happier with who got this chance! We've all seen how hard you have worked for this opportunity and you grasped it with both hands. You helped me so much at the start of the year, telling me how you do what you do in terms of race craft and also how to set up a car. Your a fantastic team player, always willing to help, and an all round good bloke. All the best mate, and remember, if they ask you to drive the GTRLM, by all means, don't do it man!!! :roflmao: Have fun mate, you worked damn hard for this! :thumbsup:
    MINT_GTR, Mustafur, Bren and 6 others like this.
  5. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Just saw the news... @MINT_GTR you bloody ripper!
    Try and keep us updated as much as you can with your adventure into the racing world.
    Massive congratulations mate, a life changing event for you no doubt!
    MINT_GTR, Mustafur, SuiCid3 and 4 others like this.
  6. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    congats good mate MINT go for your career now you fought so hard to get where you are and all the of us at ROOZ are so proud
    and it to rest all these people think it just a game that people play in there spare time
    you have proved that it is not true and we at ROOZ are so proud of you and conrats to the others that got so far, maybe next year we will have an other ROOZ champion
    MINT_GTR, Mustafur, Bren and 5 others like this.
  7. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    Awesome job mate. I knew an aussie could do it, but the reality is another thing! You did well and all that hard work and dedication has got you the shot to go pro! Now keep it up and claim that nismo athlete contract!
    MINT_GTR, Mustafur, leeboy910 and 4 others like this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I think we've found our next SuperROOZ inductee :) :)

I still can't believe it was just over a fortnight ago I had the pleasure of driving him around Sydney for karting and as a guest in my home, and now he's a professional GT3 driver. Even after staying up until the ungodly hours to wait for the announcement, even waking this morning it was still just as unbelievable.

He has fought like a tenacious bastard all the way, and every day for the past 18 months, even when it looked as though only a few months ago he'd have to hold off this year due to health, he overcame it and now look where he is. Could not be any prouder!
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    MINT_GTR, Mustafur, Bren and 9 others like this.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Amazing bloody well done Mint! :roflmao: Fantastic that not only an Aussie, but a regular ROOZ member took this out!
    MINT_GTR, Mustafur, SuiCid3 and 3 others like this.
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Awesome job mate! Those ass whippings you served me are a little sweeter now knowing that they were we served by a future GT3 driver ;) Oh and here's a better photo I found floating around :D
    [​IMG]
    MINT_GTR, Mustafur, SuiCid3 and 10 others like this.
  12. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    Congratulations Matt, you absolute legend. Can we declare this happy Mint day or ROOZ Day?

Congratulations also goes out to the other Australian GT Academy contestants, Elliott, Nick, Tyler, Simon, and Corey well done guys.

That final session with yourself and Elliott was extremly close with less than a tenth in it and we didn't know what the result was until John Hindhaugh announced your name 5 min before the qualifying session.

Having had the the pleasure of racing with you I know just how hard you are to beat and I was hoping you were holding back a little in the qualifying session, saving your tyres and brakes. Just watching the timing of that race was an emotional roller coaster I almost jumped out of my couch when you took the lead and set the fastest lap. Then to see that your car had lost so much top speed and fall back to 2nd. I thought that was it and Australia was once again going to miss out on the victory due to uncontrolled circumstances. Despite the set back you still fough hard and finished on the podium.

I told you that you would be racing at Spa next year, just this time call me for a setup. ;)
    MINT_GTR, Mustafur, Bren and 12 others like this.
  13. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Congratulations Mint, could not have happened to a more deserving guy. Ever since I started here on Rooz you have been helpful every opportunity. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.
    MINT_GTR, Mustafur, Kart-No-1 and 4 others like this.
  14. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Absolutely awesome stuff Mint, a stunning example of how perseverance and desire can pay off, big time, and maybe serve as an inspiration for others to follow their own dreams, knowing that great things can be achieved. What's more, is that your accomplishment may help to legitimise what we do week in week out, as more that just mucking about playing video games, I know I am usually met with a "meh" or a "pfffft" when I try to explain what it is we do, now I can say, see this guy, look at what he's doing, well he's one of us. I couldn't be a prouder member of ROOZ, having four of the six finalists in our ranks and then having one take the whole thing, demonstrates what depth and talent we have here, so the mods deserve a pat on the back as well for creating and maintaining an atmosphere of tough but fair racing while keeping it interesting enough to keep not only the aliens and the rest of us also rans coming back but to keep up a steady number of newbies joining on a continual basis.
    So again congratulations Mint and best of luck in the future, I think you'll have plenty of support here.
    Cheers
    MINT_GTR, Mustafur, S_CLOSE and 10 others like this.
  15. MetalGear9493

MetalGear9493 Team Driver

PSN ID
    MetalGear9493
    Awesome effort Mint!!!!! I knew you would have a strong chance because clearly you're just as fast as the best aussies in gt6, plus you can drive manuals, evidently a winning combination for GT Academy, hint hint warrior, lol
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    RaceOnOz really does have the best drivers in the world!
    Well done Matt top job mate! :p
    Blindman, MINT_GTR, Mustafur and 3 others like this.
  17. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    YEAH!!!!!!!!! Huge congratulations Mint/Matt. Couldn't have happened to a better, faster, nicer guy. Always willing to help out any Roozer who asks. Great to see that all the enormous effort you put into you GT Academy bid payed off in the best way possible. I think we all hope you have the best possible future with Nissan/Nismo, and keep going on to bigger and better things. Just look at Jann and Lucas, the skies the limit. Go get 'em mate. Show 'em what us Roozers are made of.
  18. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Well mate, congratulations. I am so stoked that a Prostate Racing Team member has gone on to such lofty heights as to win the 2015 Nissan GT Academy. A bit of a departure from some of the other try-hards in the team. We absolutely don't have any hard feelings for leaving us on the eve of the HTO series, by the way were coming second(with not much help from Blindman) after round 2. In fact, I would say if you play your card right you may just become a permanent Prostate member. Now that would be something worth winning.
    I still remember that day at Kingston Pk Raceway when I was closing on you in the final. I had already rounded up Fastboy and was bridging the gap to you. Another lap or 2 and I would have had you. Lucky that dodgy wrist didn't play up over in the UK. That would have been a pretty ordinary excuse for not winning.
    Any way mate hope you are enjoying yourself over there, really hope you don't forget us all now that your famous. Would be great if you were to race at the Bathurst 12 hour next year. We would definitely need to make that trip to catch up.
    You have represented yourself and your country with pride and distinction, something very few of us will ever experience let alone succeed at mate. You have always been one of the truly great blokes on ROOZ, one that myself and many others will miss having in the race rooms, so I wish you every success in your future race career and hope to see you soon.

Cheers mate.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  19. Bren

Bren Rookie

PSN ID
    Dragonzen24
    Congratulations, what a absolutely awesome achievement, it is so wonderful to see a ROOZ driver taking it to the next level and having the support of a great bunch of people it is truly amazing to see, wishing you all the best of the world, Bruce would be proud
    MINT_GTR, Stumbles, Mustafur and 12 others like this.
  20. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    One of the nicest and most helpful guys to have joined this forum!
    Couldn't have deserved it more!
    Congrats @MINT_GTR!! From postal driver to racing driver in the space of a few months! You're a bloody ripper!
    Go show em what you're made of!

@warrior2167 time to get that manual practise in mate! You've got your name on the next seat already.... they just don't know it yet!